Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #126
Tam Li Hua

stolide: Thanks for your input! ^_^ I find it -very- interesting that you work with these energies, but are also a Christian. Do you consider working with these energies different than prayer, or do you consider them similar?

Ms.Crowbar: I thought of yet another solution to your problems: You could ask your parents for a loan to get your own place, or to help out financially in the endeavor until you get on your own feet and can manage your bills on your own. [Most folks have to do this in one way or another, so don't be ashamed to ask. ^__^ ]
Old 12-12-2008, 02:26 AM   #127
Alarica

She could also take her sorry arse to college, because shes 19. It is perfectly easy to get onto courses when you are fresh out of school. There are also call centres wanting staff, cleaning jobs, factory jobs, shelf stacking in the supermarkets even. Christ, even fast food places have loads of jobs going at christmas, and most will interview within days and you can be working within 24hrs. On the job training too, because with places like that previous experience doesnt count. In fact, unless you are going for supervisory or managerial positions most places are the same. They like their staff trained specifically to do things their way.

As for witchcraft - all it does it make you focus on your goal better, and think more positively. It's psychological, unless you are naturally lazy. If I told you I was psychic (which I'm not claiming to be), and that I could see you working by the end of January. Are you going to:

a) Get off your arse, get application forms from shops and the job centre and apply for jobs, and dress smartly when asking for forms as well as going for the interviews?
or
b) Sit on your arse and do sweet FA, under the delusion the universe is at work helping to make your life better, as though you are more important than the starving in Ethipoia?
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:18 AM   #128
MollyMac

The best employment advice in the universe?

While waiting for *the* job, get off your ass and get *a* job.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #129
stolide

Tam: Prayer is an indirect for of energy manipulation. Lets say you pray for event X to happen. On a mental level, you are associating some amount of energy with acomplishing X. Since large amounts of energy can cause physical events, prayer over long periods of time, or say an entire congregation of people praying for the same thing, can cause event X to happen.

Of course, if you practice energy working directly, and understand some of the basic mechanics, then your prayer will be more effective than someone who has no understanding of it at all. In effect, if you want to cause a relatively large event to happen, you need a lot of people (Or a lot of time, but that tends to be impracticle). Thus, you are better off with prayer as the differences in the exact intent of the various people is less important because prayer is so indirect.

So to answer your question, prayer is energy manipulation.

About the spell to get a job, it won't just make a job magickaly appear. What it will do is increase the chance of success of your getting a job. Of course, if the spell is for yourself you will never know if it the spell did anything other than make you more confident. Not to mention the fact you have no control to your experiment to see what would have happened without the spell.
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #130
Alarica

Mis-spelt Ethiopia. Wot a fucking muppet. Teach me to attempt multi tasking in future! Appologies
Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #131
Tam Li Hua

stolide: Ah, gotcha. However, isn't there a difference between the kind of prayer that you are describing, and Christian prayer?

To explain, it sounds like the kind of prayer you are describing is concentrating on the self sending out energy, whereas Christian prayer is, rather, asking God and Christ to bring about a particular result...or is simply thanking Him for a particular result.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #132
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
AAAGH! AAAAGH! Kill it!!!
Agreed, wholeheartedly.
I know people who know her, and apparently she's a real bitch in person.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #133
stolide

God is energy. Prayer is indirect because you, in way way or another, associate some part of God with a specific task. In energy working it goes directly from the energy worker to the task. Basically the flow of energy goes from the praying person, to God, to the task. I didn't really make it clear I guess.

In prayer, you aren't focusing on sending out energy, it's just whenever you think about something, some small amount of energy is associated with it. The more focused you are on that thought, the more energy is effected.

So when you pray, you think about God, and thus God is given energy. You then ask for event X. Some energy in God is then associated with acomplishing X. Over time, more energy in God is associated with X, and eventually there is enough for event X to occur. Of course God could decide he doesn't want event X to happen. In which case the energy is not put towards X.

Thanking god for a result is essentially just giving him energy. So every time you pray to thank him you are giving him more energy at his disposal. Of course it is a very small amount considering the number of people who pray to God, but it all adds up.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #134
Tam Li Hua

stolide: Huh. That's an interesting way of looking at it. I think I'm going to have to ponder that for a while.

It sounds similar to how I've always thought of prayer and energy working, but a bit more complex.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #135
Kambili

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
The best employment advice in the universe?

While waiting for *the* job, get off your ass and get *a* job.
Not just the best - the only, if you actually want a job. The holidays are the best time to look, and given how many businesses take on extra help around this time, I can't help but think that anyone who claims they can't find at least temporary empployment is just being precious about what they're prepared to do for cash. (I know that last part made me sound like a defiant prostitute, but never mind.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
Mis-spelt Ethiopia. Wot a fucking muppet. Teach me to attempt multi tasking in future! Appologies
You misspelled "apologies" too.

Just trying to help.
Kambili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #136
honeythorn

GO. TO. A . JOB. AGENCY. Pertemps, Best Connection ( although BC really only deal with industrial work ) Extra Personnell , Nova. Those are 4 of the big names I can think of off the top of my head. They all should have websites for you to search on.

I have been working since I left school ( I also went to college but I am abysmal at maths so I didn't do very well at it ) . I make welding helmets. You do not need experience for many of the jobs offered, and while the work may not be spectacularly interesting or amazingly well paid, it's all money, and you can save that money in a separate bank account to the one your wages go into, and keep it for moving out ( this is what I intend to do next year )

You will also gain work experience . It doesn't matter what you do as long as you try hard and do the job well. If the job is a long term contract such as a six month one for example, you may be able to work your way into an assisting supervisory role or gain more responsibility. They may also offer you a permanent job. That happened to me .

I began to show new agency arrivals how the job was done purely to make theirs and my own job easier, and was soon asked to oversee their work and make sure they were doing things correctly, even though I had no official power over them. I was offered a permanent job and I took it because I needed the money ( who doesn't? ) . I was made redundant when that company closed down in September, but that same week I joined an agency and 2 weeks later I was working in the place I am now. The company I am working for via the agency are going to take me on as permanent on their books in the new year and I've only been there since late september.

It can be done. Seriously.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #137
stolide

Tam: I hope you come to some interesting conclusions on that. Deep down, things are a lot more complicated than they seem. I've only scratched the surface on how that actually works. I doubt I'll ever fully understand it.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #138
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambili

You misspelled "apologies" too.

Just trying to help.
Lol thank you

I'm having a bad day of it. Perhaps Ms.Crowbar could cast a spell to make me feel better, so I can lay off the pain killers? Hmmmm.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #139
MollyMac

She can't. She's not initiated.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #140
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
She can't. She's not initiated.
God damnit.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #141
Alarica

Fuck yeah. g.net coven just for her then? initiate her so we can put her to the test
Old 12-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #142
MollyMac

OK, first spell, then. It's Kirtan, so I will need you all to chant it after me:

"Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!" ...........

"Mekka-lekka hi mekka chahney ho!" ...............

"Mola-mekka chala mekka hola hayla hey!" ............
Old 12-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #143
Lolly PopMuzik

You know, you might want to consider volunteer experience. At my current job, the store manager was impressed with my record of it while I was in high school.

Try shelters, call centers, non profit organizations and the like. It can really help with work experience because it can fill time on a resume and give you skills similar to that of a workplace.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #144
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
Lol thank you

I'm having a bad day of it. Perhaps Ms.Crowbar could cast a spell to make me feel better, so I can lay off the pain killers? Hmmmm.
I'll take pain killers over spells any night.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #145
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
OK, first spell, then. It's Kirtan, so I will need you all to chant it after me:

"Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!" ...........

"Mekka-lekka hi mekka chahney ho!" ...............

"Mola-mekka chala mekka hola hayla hey!" ............
"Mekka lekka hi mekka hiney-God, I hate you so much."
Old 12-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #146
MollyMac

You, back into the first-degree Molly-theistic pool! You are only a quarter initiate, having fucked up the words.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #147
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I'll take pain killers over spells any night.
They are too strong and I end up wired and can't sleep then lol.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #148
MollyMac

Then you either aren't taking enough pain killers or saying the rights words.

"I wish the goblins would come and take you away... right now."
Old 12-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #149
Alarica

ooooo goblins......I believe in the power!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #150
korinna5555

Molly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxoE2az9mJM
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote