Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Schazmyrrh

..morituri.te.salutamus..

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
(I enjoy) Web-design, writing, reading, photo-manipulation, conversations about a good book/movie right after reading/watching it, walks at night. I'm a student.
2. Where are you from?
Asia.
3. Who is your favorite author?
This is a hard one but what presently comes to mind would be: Tanith Lee, Neil Gaiman, Poe, C.S. Lewis, Lovecraft, Tennyson and Baudelaire.
4. What are your favorite films?
I've taken up interest in old German Expressionist films (I liked the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Nosferatu...), I also like Pan's Labyrinth, Edward Scissorhands, The Hunger, Nightwatch & Daywatch... I generally detest the current influx of Hollywood remakes.
5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I never really thought about it. How about something spooky played on a pipe-organ or a harp. I can't think of a particular song as of the moment.
6. At your funeral?
I can't decide. But there's this Dido (the mythology character) opera song I used to listen to over and over, way back. I think it was Dido's Lament. I'd like that to play.
7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
In my sleep. I can be more imaginative but I honestly don't want to suffer or end up a mangled corpse.
8. What kind of casket would you want?
A glass one.
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Something Victorian-mourning inspired.
10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Having to worry only about missing out on my favorite Saturday morning cartoons?
11. What's your favorite band?
Another tough one. What presently comes to mind would be Switchblade Symphony, The 69 Eyes, London After Midnight, Theatre of Tragedy (Theatre of Tragedy-Aegis albums), The Cure and The Sisters of Mercy.
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Management.
13. Why did you join?
Knowledge- I want to learn and update my database. I'm really busy with school so I'd like updates in (gothic) literature and music without having to do some personal research. And at the same time be able to contribute something of my own.
14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I’m a girl.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:33 AM   #2
Mr E Nigma

Gladly welcomed.

Your flims... The German expressionist stuff. You remind me of my film history class. They were pretty interesting movies. My favorite one being Metropolis.

I find it interesting when I go back and watch old movies where film editing in itself was a special effect. It's interesting how I find more enjoyment in most of them compared to movies nowadays. And not just cause they're vintage or old. But I really like the story lines, it's odd that they seem new to me when modern day movies have since copied them time and time again, and yet the originals bring a refreshing look at the genres to me.

I don't know if it's because newer versions butchered the idea and couldn't just make an exact rip off or what, but I quite enjoy most older movies. Casablanca and Angels with Dirty Faces for example. M is a pretty decent one as well.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
My favorite one being Metropolis.
I think I've heard about that. I'll check that one out some time soon.

Quote:
I find it interesting when I go back and watch old movies where film editing in itself was a special effect.
Yes, it is interesting how I find the 'old movies' a more enchanting experience than the overdone and, sometimes, cheesy special effects of today. I find the mood in these expressionist films so overwhelming and inspiring even. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari was an instant inspiration for a script I was supposed to work on- that's why I liked it most of all. As for Nosferatu, I think it was quintessential vampire horror. Plus I found it lovely how the black and white made everyone look like corpses. *wink, wink*
Old 04-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
Mr E Nigma

I think we've got a fan of necrophilia on our hands...

haha, to each their own I guess. :P

Definitely check out Metropolis, it influenced many sci-fi films to include Star Wars.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #5
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
I think we've got a fan of necrophilia on our hands...

haha, to each their own I guess. :P

Definitely check out Metropolis, it influenced many sci-fi films to include Star Wars.
Ack! I wasn't implying anything. (No more winking for me)

I'm not so much a fan of sci-fi but Star Wars was something I followed through anyway.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 AM   #6
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schazmyrrh View Post
Ack! I wasn't implying anything. (No more winking for me)

I'm not so much a fan of sci-fi but Star Wars was something I followed through anyway.
haha, 's alright, please don't stop winking... people winking always reminds me of my favorite monty python skit.

My apologize for coming to such a conclusion. Though, it was partly in jest :]