Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Crystalized.Rubies

How Do You Crystallize Rubies?

Hey, I’m Emily and I’m 14 years old. I live in the Northwest of England, and the only Goths we have round here are all a lot older than me. I have my friends, of course, but it would be nice to talk to some other Goths for once.

So, let’s get to the interesting stuff --

What Books Do I Like?:
The Vampire Chronicles, anything by the Brontë sisters, the Harry Potter series, Shadowmancer, the Vampire Kisses series, Oh My Goth, a lot of things by Ann Pilling, The House of Night series, Dracula (surprise, surprise), etc

What Music Do I Like?:
The Cruxshadows, Inkubus Sukkubus, Emilie Autumn, The Dresden Dolls, Bella Morte, The Cure, Evanescence, The Birthday Massacre, Loreena McKennitt, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Within Temptation, Angelzoom, Voltaire, Theatre of Tragedy, Kate Bush, L’Ame Immortelle, Switchblade Symphony, Hannah Fury, Bauhus, Apocalyptica, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Diary Of Dreams, Kerli, and more but the list goes on forever so I'll stop

What Movies Do I Like?:
Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Night Before Christmas, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Gothika, Harry Potter, Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Sleepy Hollow, Merlin, The Dutchess, Schlinder’s List, St Trinians, Titanic, The Ring 1&2

What Are My Hobbies?:
reading, creative writing, acting, drawing, creating websites, drinking tea, dressing up, dancing, meeting new people, going for walks, listening to and making music, spending time with our animals, etc

What Don’t I Like?:
wannabes, people who hate you for no reason, mean people, the Twilight series, discrimination, narrow-minded people, Anime, mean people, Global Warming

What Is My Religion?:
I’m Agnostic, but I’m studying Pagan

Will You Like Me?:
Most probably - I’ve been told I’m easy to get on with and very likeable. I don’t judge people without properly knowing them, and I like to spend time talking to people who I’m not as close to.

And after that incrediably long list, which would be even longer if I'd including everything, I now bid you goodbye so the time being. If you like the sound of me, talk. I'll reply

Many kisses, muffins and a cup of tea,
Emily. x
Crystalized.Rubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
JCC

Fucking hell.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
Crystalized.Rubies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Fucking hell.

Yes?
Is that good or bad?

*waits in anticipation*
Old 05-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
JCC

You say that you hate the 'Twilight' series, which is great and all, don't misunderstand me, but since you like the 'Harry Potter' series, nay, since the 'Harry Potter' series consists of some of your FAVOURITE books, your distaste for the 'Twilight' series must be one based upon hearsay and conformism rather than actually thinking that it's shit.

Beyond that, the fact that you like 'Harry Potter' and a whole bunch of tepid vampire melodramas by talentless writers is depressing.

Your taste in music fluctuates from predictable to atrocious.

Your taste in movies is vomit-inducing.

It baffles me that you would want to 'study' Paganism, particularly since Paganism is pretty much any polytheistic 'folk religion'. At least you're not describing yourself as Pagan.

Finally, you've got that saccharine pleasantness that really wriggles my tits.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Tam Li Hua

I can tolerate Harry Potter a LOT better than Twilight as well. At least Harry Potter has things happening in it. XD

Welcome Crystalized!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
Crystalized.Rubies

Well, that's your opinion. And I won't question it. I can like whatever books and music and movies I like; likewise for you.

The "saccharine pleasantness" you claim I have though, I have to disagree with. How can I just be putting on a nice front if it's how I normally talk and react to people? Still, you don't like me, or have a problem with what I think, then here we make our paths.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
Crystalized.Rubies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
At least Harry Potter has things happening in it.

Aha yes, thank God.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
CR7abi

i think people here have great problem with TWILIGHT....i'm not saying anything against Harry Potter but i love twilight and i know many here will hate me koz i love Twilight,New Moon,Breaking Down and Eclipse...
CR7abi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
Crystalized.Rubies

Aha, well you're okay here.
I don't have a problem with people who like things I don't.

We both like Lady Gaga
But alas, unfortunatly, a lot of people here are elitists, and don't understand that people of the alternative scenes can't like Pop. It's funny, actually.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalized.Rubies View Post
Aha, well you're okay here.
I don't have a problem with people who like things I don't.

We both like Lady Gaga
But alas, unfortunatly, a lot of people here are elitists, and don't understand that people of the alternative scenes can't like Pop. It's funny, actually.
Most of us like pop music of some form or another. It's just that Lady Gaga is shit.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalized.Rubies View Post
I can like whatever books and music and movies I like; likewise for you.
But why would you choose to like that shit when there's masterpieces like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Brave New World and The Picture of Dorian Grey.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
StarredLeaf

Thank you for reminding me that I have to read Brave New World.

Welcome Ruby! You like creating websites? I used to do a bit of web design back in middle + highschool but I want to get back into it. I like some of the films you've mentioned but why oh why do you like Queen of the Damned? But anyway hello.
StarredLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
Pineapple_Juice

For the record, Pineapple_Juice absolutely adores Harry Potter books. She has them all, and has pre-ordered more than half. Upon the arrival of said book, she locks herself in her room and reads it from front to back without stopping for so much as a pee. She also has such things as "Quidditch Through The Ages", "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" and "The Tales Of Beetle The Bard". In her younger years, she owned a Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone trivia game, and also another Harry Potter boardgame which escapes her at the moment.
One of the first videogames she got after purchasing her PS2 was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. She thought, and still thinks, it is awesome.

Furthermore, she owns every movie-though, admittedly, does not watch them. She buys them more because of a skewed sense of fealty.

Pineapple_Juice would like to extend her sincerest fuck you to everyone who rags on Harry Potter books. The end.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
JCC

See? Harry Potter makes people do idiotic things like referring to themselves in the third person for a prolonged period of time.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #15
Mr E Nigma

What are you all talking about... JCC? Jillian? Are you serious? She's totally like... the quintessential goth!

-note the most extremist of sarcastic thought with this post-

(Normally I'd let the sarcasm speak for itself but for fear of being misunderstood... there it is)

You know, while I'm not really a fan.. I think Lady Gaga could have an amazing career as a singer songwriter performing like Ray Charles, Alicia Keys, etc... Piano and vocals. I'm not a huge fan of that song "Poker Face" but I heard her perform it all just playing the piano and singing, and I have to say it was loads better than the original style it was done in with all the extra sounds and shit. It sounded a lot better.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:24 AM   #16
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
But why would you choose to like that shit when there's masterpieces like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Brave New World and The Picture of Dorian Grey.
Whoa, that is the second time I came across Brave New World while wandering around the net. Now, I think I'll remember that the next time I visit the bookstore.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #17
SiouxsiePernova

It is definitely worth reading.
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote