Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #51
Minyaliel

They're awesome. That's why.

Or it might just be that I've seen to many Cushing/ Lee movies.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #52
Anima_Severem

I actually thought this was happening in a British school at first...until I realized it was Boston.

But yeah. Twilight...is silly.
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #53
zerademark

Vampires have always been an obsession for people because of different psychological reasons. First one is the thing about immortality. Who doesn't want to be immortal?
Second is blood. For vampires: blood=immortality. enough said.
Male vampires are almost always the perfect gentlemans who are kind, yet dominant to females. And chick digg that. Guess how Edward character is....

Female vampires are bloodthirsty feminist. They hunt and they suck people dry. Now you know why guys like them.

And about the weird vampire traits in Twilight; Stephany Meir (if I spelled it right) didn't know a bloody thing about vampires when she wrote that book!

For me, the only vampire thing that really got my attention was the anime vampire movie : Vampire Hunter D.
Has love, lust, action, gore, REAL vampire traits, and an actuall plot.

Salaam,

-Zerachiel de Mark-
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #54
Tam Li Hua

I honestly don't want immortality. I'd rather die and go to Heaven and be at peace for eternity than toil away on stinky old earth until the end of time.

But maybe that's just me.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #55
HavelockV

Without considering all the requisite killing that would come with being a vampire, I imagine that inevitably, even immortality would lose its appeal. For how long would one be able to tolerate seeing one's family and friends age and die? How long before one feels displaced and out of touch with the passing of decades and centuries? Mind, I have nothing against a long, fulfilling natural lifespan, but eternity seems excessive.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #56
Still Jack

Immortality would get very boring after a while. I mean, you can only pull of an act for so long.
Also, Zombies are way cooler anyway, amirite?
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #57
Apathy's_Child

It's the whole fear of death thing, but also shows an acceptance of it as natural and immortality as being therefore nefarious. Religion exists to mitigate our natural fear of death - therefore, the tentative counterpoint - the idea of the immortal creature - just HAS to be a little infernal. It strikes me as kind of a consolatory mythologizing of the alternative to dying ("wouldn't wanna live like THAT"). Even the idea of blood as the life-force comes from the Bible, if I'm remembering right. (I think that's why Jehova's Witnesses won't have blood transfusions, although I could be remembering that wrong.)

Trouble is, even WITH the comforts of religion, everything about death seems geared at scaring the shit out of the living. Corpses smell bad, rot, and look fucking scary. Anyone who's ever seen a dead body knows that horrible color the skin takes on, way before pieces of face start falling off. It's no wonder we shat ourselves in its presence long before we developed abstract concepts like the mind without the body (i.e. "what happens" to "you" when you die). Like almost all literature and folklore, vampire myths are just confrontations with our anxieties.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #58
XxBloodyrosexX

Okay first whoever types with all zeros for O's you are typing crazy. To evryone else: just because you have read a stupid book doesn't make you vampire crazy. Everyone is making too much of a big deal over Twilight. It is a book for young girls. It is not meant for mature people. If you keep talking and fighting about it it will not go away; got it? It's a book. I've read it long ago when no one knew what I was talking about when I said it. I'm not obsesive but I'm getting sick about it when everyone is claiming this type of crap about it. I just wish everyone would stop talking about itsnd either enjoy it or shut up. *sigh*
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #59
yukiblackblood12

l0l!! twilights ok i really hate Edward!!! (luv Jacob) i think vamps are real but not this kid. he was probaly just some kid w/ a bitting fedis or something. a real one would have hidden the fact that he was one.
yukiblackblood12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #60
Godslayer Jillian

You've got to be fucking kidding, or fucking thirteen.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #61
Solumina

Being thirteen is no excuse for being idiotic
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #62
Johny112

Thanks

Thanks a bunch for the input. It sounds great

comparatif assurance voiture