Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #1501
Catch

Happy Birthday!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #1502
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlefeet View Post
It was my birthday today and I was really worried no one would turn up to my "party". I had 5 people tell me they couldn't come. There were only 5 people there. 'Twas lame.
I had 4 people (with 5th veeery late arrival) turn up to my 18th, mind you I only invited about 10 or so, and then we had a nice lunch at Yoyogi in the city. Small birthdays are waaay better than these drunken shamboozles you kids pride yourselves on.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #1503
Needlefeet

Haha. No booze here.
It was basically a bunch of people picked up my instruments (guitar, bass and drums) and started playing their own things. Meanwhile I had my new Cure vinyl that I got playing. God that was awful. I shut them up with a movie though.
Cheers Catch.
I do prefer smaller parties.
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #1504
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
It was my birthday today and I was really worried no one would turn up to my "party". I had 5 people tell me they couldn't come. There were only 5 people there. 'Twas lame.
Happy Birthday Needlefeet.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #1505
Corpsey

I was given 3 bags of military ration packs by my Father incase of catching Swine Flu because everyone's going apeshit and demanding that people must be quarantined if they have any flu symptoms and have recently made the Flu Vaccine free to everyone in New Zealand.

Which makes me wonder why this wasn't in place before a "pandemic" decided to float across the border.

Needlefeet, atleast you had some people come over and had the potential to have fun. I wanted to have a ridiculous tea party at mine for my 18th I think and it nothing ever happened because of a third party's inactivity. So move past the parties lameness and move on to happier pasture.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #1506
Saya

Hahaha, wait til you get older, for my birthday party a bunch of people came, one of my friends has a baby now and her fiance got all sulky that it was supposed to be a girl's night, so of course she brought him over with the baby. So instead of a girl's night of getting rip roaring drunk we all just sat around playing with the baby, by the time they left we were too tired to get smashed (we were all at a wedding the night before).

I woke up this morning with my nose piercing hanging out, it was healing great until today. I popped it back in but now there's a red lump under it, I cleaned it the best I could but it hasn't gotten smaller since. gotta start going to bed with a band aid over it I guess...I'm just afraid now its not going to get better and I'll have to get it taken out. And the diamond is missing from the stud now, what the hell was I doing in my sleep?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #1507
Corpsey

I am absolutely exhausted.

I Crawled up a hill after catching several buses from Palmerston to Wellington to as close to my house as I could get. Refusing to fork out an expensive taxi fare I battled up the hill whilst carrying a 15kg weight and a mutlitude of books in a back pack, a framed picture, a monopoly board, several military ration packs, a laptop and a bag of assorted items for a good half hour against the wind as night fell upon Vogeltown. Victorious, on arriving to my flat I found it cold, devoid of human life and bare of nourishment. Blithely I turned around and cursed the wind for not having a bite for lunch as I turned back out into the frigid winter night to scour for sustenance. After making choice selections I repeated the notorious trek back to my abode and just as I entered the heavens opened forth their full fury as it does often in winter.

.....Actually it wasn't as bad as that but I feel the exaggerated form may be somewhat more entertaining than the ordinary story.

Saya: Hahahaha it sounds like you and your friends can be easily distracted by cute objects that can smile and giggle. Babies are great time wasters like that.

It sounds like you were having intense sleeping scuffles. Either that or you were fighting off succubi in your dreams and have the marks to proove it.

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #1508
Solumina

I now have a job, a temporary one but the pay isn't bad and the job is rather fun. I shall be working in a haunted maze as Busch Gardens, Jake will be working in another part of the park and another friend of ours will be in the same maze as I am, the two of us are going to be leprechauns, which I'm not exactly thrilled about but at least we don't have to wear masks, just makeup and ears, the maze itself looks like it will be rather fun to work in, and since it is an indoor maze it will start well before most of the other mazes so I'll be getting 36 hours a week working three nights, which works out really well as Jake has two different roles (one being a tour guide in Pompeii and one being a Highland warrior) so we can carpool in together.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #1509
Malice In Wonderland

I hate the majority of everything.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #1510
Corpsey

Hahahahahaha! Score Solumina!

I used to work in a Haunted Maze too! I've got some pictures left over somewhere, but I still remember it with fond memories.

So you work 12 hours a night? That'll be just a little bit intense.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #1511
honeythorn

Me and Mir have been for DRINKS! And I took a pic but it didn't come out *is sad* I'm pretty drunk and even threw TWO proper hugs around and everything YO!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #1512
Mir

It was fucking epic!

And now, yay for stealing your thunder!

*Snuggle time!!!!!!^%$!^%$^%!"!!*
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #1513
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Hahahahahaha! Score Solumina!

I used to work in a Haunted Maze too! I've got some pictures left over somewhere, but I still remember it with fond memories.

So you work 12 hours a night? That'll be just a little bit intense.
Yeah I'll be on the clock from noon to midnight, although that does include makeup and costuming which could take a bit as we don't start until everyone in the maze is ready and there are more people in each maze than there are makeup and hair people (though I think we are the only maze that opens before dark so it shouldn't take too long).

The more I think about it the more excited I get, I will still have four completely open days a week, will be making plenty of money, I'll get to work with friends (and commute with them), get pretty awesome free food (I'm a bit jealous of Kate cuz she will be over by the smoke house but I'm by the pub which has the second best food in the park, and no we can't just go in and get food in front of guests they have a back opening for employees to get food but it is the same food), I'll get free entrance to the park any day of the week, and the job itself is rather fun. I'll be sure to post pics as soon as we start dress rehearsals.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #1514
Corpsey

Excellent, I look forward to seeing the results!

Please tell me the name of the park, I'd like to find out a little bit about it as I want to know how the characterizations work in the park.

By the way... Are you restricted to just one type of character or do you get to choose where you go in the park? At my old one I often got to choose between a shock trooper, zombie with a top hat or, my personal favourite, the Butcher with a blood-soaked apron and two blunt swords covered in Peanut blood. Always worked best with a set character prop in my opinion.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #1515
Solumina

Busch Gardens, Williamsburg. You know the people who make Budweiser, Busch, and Michelob? Yeah, that is the Busch family...well it was before the sold the company but they bought back the parks so that they could continue to ensure high quality, they do still sell a full range of the company's beer in the park, including regional brews (sadly we do not get free beer with our free food, just non-alcoholic drinks).

We each get assigned a specific part, some of us have lines (Jake does during the day) but very few people in the mazes do and we just get to make it up as we go (as long as we don't touch the guests of course). They change things from year to year, and this year is a complete overhaul, but so far we know that this year they will shut down one of the rides in Ireland to have the indoor maze with leprechauns, there will be vampires and a few victims (I believe in France but maybe England), Scottish Highlanders in New France (which is kind of like a Frontiersy-Canada thing), there should be a scare zone in Germany (I think that is where they will have the werewolves) and maybe another maze in Italy, usually they have clowns in Italy but we were told that there would not be any clowns this year so they may not be doing anything over there (it is right next to their big, new kids section and a lot of people are dumb enough to bring very young kids).
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #1516
Duane

Starting an account over at a bank tomorrow, mainly to talk to this one girl who works there, and because it's never too early to start saving up for retirement.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #1517
Needlefeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Happy Birthday Needlefeet.
Thankyou ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
I hate the majority of everything.
This would be because everything sucks.

I walked up a mountain today and my authotics(?) didn't work properly. I now have a shitload of blisters and my feet hurt reaaaaaaal bad.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:05 AM   #1518
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
It was fucking epic!

And now, yay for stealing your thunder!

*Snuggle time!!!!!!^%$!^%$^%!"!!*
Your link don't work BIATCH. My thunder is still my own! *shakes fists at the sky in triumph*
Old 07-13-2009, 02:10 AM   #1519
Needlefeet

Worked for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:34 AM   #1520
honeythorn

Nooooooooo! OMG It's working now. MIR! You shit! Drawing horns on me! *tantrum*
Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 AM   #1521
Still Jack

Did for me too. Nice horns. : )
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:17 AM   #1522
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
This would be because everything sucks.
This is agreed.

My feet hurt too...
Music festival ftw.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #1523
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I hate it when I wake up but I'm not fully awake so when I try to sit up I somehow just end up turning around in bed and faceplanting into the pillow before drooling everywhere. =/
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #1524
Duane

Saw the girl who works at the bank, really didn't talk to her just wanted to know what she looked like. Anyways... think I might ask her out one day.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #1525
Malice In Wonderland

Pfft.
I find out if my aunty has cancer on Wednesday...
And I'm still crap about the weekend.
This week sucks...