Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #51
Underwater Ophelia

You really shouldn't meet people off the internet, though.
I met GM, and damn...what a mistake.
There's video to prove it!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #52
Needlefeet

I've seen that.
Meeting people off the net is so fun though. There are more people to interact with and a larger base of people. My town is terrible, mostly people who have opposite interests to me. Even my best friend I couldn't hold a conversation for hours with. There are few people who I can and two of those (this friend included) live over 1000km away. It is rather saddening.
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #53
Solumina

I met Kor and that seems to have worked out well for the both of us, she is a total sweetheart
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #54
Needlefeet

Kor? Korina5555?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #55
Solumina

Yeppers awnrjg
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #56
Needlefeet

Cooly-ho.
tenletters
Old 07-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #57
Solumina

Yeah as it turns out she lives all of 15 min from my home, well from my mom's house, so we decided to meet up for coffee one day, now we try and see each other when I go up that way.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #58
Needlefeet

Haha, nice. That'd be a rather pleasant surprise.
The problem is, I live in the crappy part of Aus, which usually has... crappy people.
I wanna go to Melbourne with my mate when I'm 18-19. That'd be cool.
I've got one of my friends inviting me to come live with her in Tassie, that'd be awesome too haha.
I use ^ as my excuse to meet people from the net.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #59
aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlefeet View Post
It's annoying.
I met someone off of a game, we're really good friends now. I met her a while back (sneakily, without mum knowing, thinking I was out with some other friends) etc etc. She calls me every now and then, talk, webcam. Not the first person I've been half decent friends with via net.
Anyway, today she calls me and then dad walks past as I'm saying bye. He asks who it was, I just reply "don't worry dad, it's none of your concern". EVERY time I'm on the phone to someone, they ask who it was. Even if I'm insistent that it's just a friend, no one they need worry about, they persist to try and get me to tell them who it was.
Tonight both my parents are in another city for business/visiting rellies etc. They called 10 minutes ago and dad decides to end the call with:
"So, who was that girl on the phone you were talking to earlier?"
"JESUS CHRIST DAD! Don't worry!"
"I'm not worrying. A new girl in your life?" (another thing that pisses me off, any female friends are considered a "possibility" to be my next girlfriend.)

Can I not talk to people without privacy?

/End pointless rant
That sucks. I think they should respect your privacy more.
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 AM   #60
Joker_in_the_Pack

Meeting people off line is fun. I met Josh/Conner/Kontan that way, twas a great night. That little bastard isn't on AIM enough though.

...btw yes he is that hot in person :-P
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #61
Needlefeet

Wow dude. Lucky you. Drools?
Old 07-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #62
Knight in Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlefeet View Post
It's annoying.
I met someone off of a game, we're really good friends now. I met her a while back (sneakily, without mum knowing, thinking I was out with some other friends) etc etc. She calls me every now and then, talk, webcam. Not the first person I've been half decent friends with via net.
Anyway, today she calls me and then dad walks past as I'm saying bye. He asks who it was, I just reply "don't worry dad, it's none of your concern". EVERY time I'm on the phone to someone, they ask who it was. Even if I'm insistent that it's just a friend, no one they need worry about, they persist to try and get me to tell them who it was.
Tonight both my parents are in another city for business/visiting rellies etc. They called 10 minutes ago and dad decides to end the call with:
"So, who was that girl on the phone you were talking to earlier?"
"JESUS CHRIST DAD! Don't worry!"
"I'm not worrying. A new girl in your life?" (another thing that pisses me off, any female friends are considered a "possibility" to be my next girlfriend.)

Can I not talk to people without privacy?

/End pointless rant
My advice would be to get over it.
I can't even keep a journal without my parents reading it.
You're quite lucky that they only inquire about who you talk to on the phone.
I don't have a shred of privacy, seeing as I now live in the living room because my grandmother has taken my bedroom. The door doesn't even lock in that room anyways. Not to mention the fact that my younger sister is nosy as hell. I can't even use the toilet in peace here due to the fact that the lock is broken.

The closest thing I get to privacy is lying about what I've done and where I've been.
Knight in Shining Armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #63
Needlefeet

Wow, that sucks.
My brother moved out about 2 months ago and when he lived here he was always staying out at friend's places anyway so I've never really had him. Mum is usually home around 6 and dad is either home at about 6 or in another town. My parents have a fairly busy life and I get a shitload of privacy.
It's just that, somehow, she manages to call the second someone comes home.

I am over it I guess. I don't get calls or call her as much.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #64
Serren

Meeting people off the net is OK but you have to be very careful. No offense but at 15 you are a target to certain people. Its good to meet in a public place and take a friend with you and at least let SOMEONE know where you are going.

My step daughter met a boy friend on line, the first time she met him she was under her mothers supervision and she went with her friends. The second time my husband went with her basically her and the BF didn't leave our sight, it was fairly obvious that he was a nice normal boy.

I think your parents are probably just curious, we talk to my s kids about their friends. My SD is 18 now so we don't keep that much of an eye on her, my step son tho is 14 and we (and his mother) need to know where he is all the time and what he is doing. So I guess its not that odd. They are probably like the others said just being kind loving parents.

You could just tell them your friends name, if you really want to continue the friendship then they will probably have to know about her at some point.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #65
Needlefeet

Awesome.
19 year old girls are usually sexual predators for 15 year old boys. I wouldn't mind it that much anyway, haha.
They know her name anyway, they're still curious.
I think that overall they're more concerned that I'm making better friends online than I am in the real world where I tend to be anti-social.

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM   #66
Todesengel

I usually get a reasonable amount of privacy which I am so thankful for. It annoys me when my parents or my nosey little sister try to read my conversations on the internet over my shoulder ect but a little winge and they leave. One of my friend's parents have a programme on her computer that copys and saves all conversations she has over the net and they even listen in on her calls. I couldn't handle that.
Todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:54 AM   #67
Needlefeet

MSN Plus does that unless you turn the feature off.
I'd be screwed.

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!