Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #101
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Crimson hasn't been around in a while (Valentine's Day 2010, almost a year), and has since gained a new boyfriend anyway, so I think I am at liberty to post this old news. I just now found it today.

Apparently the murder charge was dropped against her then-boyfriend. Just thought that those of you who had followed this drama would want to know how it played out:

http://www.timesargus.com/article/RH...80347/0/SPORTS

State drops murder charge against teen

By Brent Curtis Staff Writer - Published: May 18, 2010

Rutland County prosecutors have dismissed a murder charge against a Wells teenager accused of killing his mother.

One year and nine months after police arrested then 14-year-old Christian J. Taylor, Rutland State's Attorney Marc Brierre dismissed the charge on Friday.

Brierre said Monday he couldn't talk about the reasons for the dismissal because the killing of Francine Morgan, Taylor's mother, remains under investigation.

However, in a one-page notice of dismissal filed in Rutland District Court, Brierre wrote that the second-degree murder charge was being dismissed without prejudice — meaning prosecutors could file charges against Taylor again in the future.

Brierre wrote that the dismissal was "based upon evidence developed subsequent to charges being filed," but he did not say what the new evidence was.

Taylor's attorney, Brian R. Marsicovetere, said Monday he didn't know Brierre's reasons for dismissing the case but Taylor and his family are happy and hopeful.

"Although Christian and his mother's next of kin will never be happy about the initial investigation and charging decision, or the fact that Taylor was held in jail for one year before bail was lowered and subsequently posted, the Rutland state's attorney's office has righted the ship," Marsicovetere said.

"The question now arises whether the state will steer toward the person who the investigations show most likely committed this offense. Taylor and his maternal relatives want justice for Francine Morgan, sooner rather than later. It has already been too long," he added. "Christian Taylor is innocent. The allegations in this case were spawned by a colossal, inexcusable rush to judgment on the part of investigating officers."

Marsicovetere wouldn't say where the investigation should point, but it wasn't the first time he has argued that another suspect was being ignored.

In October, Marsicovetere argued during a hearing to lower bail for Taylor that a third party existed who had "motive, opportunity and probably committed the offense."

Marsicovetere has also argued that there was no forensic evidence linking Taylor to the crime and he sought to suppress police interviews in the case which were the basis of much of the investigation. A hearing on the motion to suppress was scheduled for next month.

Police arrested Taylor soon after his mother was found dead inside the small home she shared with her son and Taylor's stepfather, Brian Morgan.

Taylor was the only person at home when police arrived at the house along Route 9 and investigators said he knew key details of the bedroom crime scene and the manner in which his mother died — details police said only the killer would know.

An autopsy found Morgan suffered six blows to the back of the head and a gunshot wound to her cheek, as wells as blows to the side of her jaw and back of her hand.

In interviews with state police investigators, Taylor described either dreaming or remembering his mother screaming and seeing a shadowy figure running across the hallway.

Taylor said the figure fought with his mother, hitting her with something blunt, metallic and silver, according to police affidavits.

Marsicovetere argued in his motion to suppress that the detectives interviewing Taylor violated his rights under the U.S. and Vermont constitutions and attempted to mislead the 14-year-old into confessing to a crime he didn't commit.

Taylor never took responsibility for his mother's death.

"What Christian wants is the person responsible brought to justice," Marsicovetere said.

State Police Detective Sgt. Dan Elliot, who was the lead detective in Taylor's case, couldn't be reached for comment Monday.

brent.curtis@rutlandherald.com

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #102
Versus

That's really sad.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #103
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I really do hope he is innocent. Unfortunately if he is, the damage has already been done...... god help him.
What does Crimson think of all this?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #104
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I really do hope he is innocent. Unfortunately if he is, the damage has already been done...... god help him.
What does Crimson think of all this?
She thinks it's totally rad!

What the fuck do you think she thinks?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #105
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
She thinks it's totally rad!

What the fuck do you think she thinks?
The article mentions a turn of events, which could cause a wide array of feelings in everyone involved. Now I don't know about you, but a precise understanding of what might be going through her head simply does not come naturally to me, so I have to think about it and learn about it if I am ever to understand human emotion like a normal human would.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #106
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
... a precise understanding of what might be going through her head simply does not come naturally to me...
Let me help by example:
I have fallen in love five times in my life.
I love my current and last love very much and will be married to her until the grave.

BUT...when I read that my second love had passed away I was very sad.
Even though I am with someone else since her, I still have a place in my heart for her, because I loved her.

So I expect Crimson to hurt every time she reads about Christian, and perhaps even cry every time she reads about Francine (the victim), because she knew her personally and was close to her.

Just because one has moved on does not insulate one from pain in learning about tragedy befalling a past friend or love.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote