Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-06-2005, 05:11 AM   #51
Hirsipuutarhuri

Whaat?
What is that fuckin Gothic Sanctuary?
Do they even have a song called that?!
No one ever told me :/

Tarja is one of those singers that could be replaced.
Nightwish will never be the same again, but as far as Tuomas is the one who makes music an' stuff Im sure it will be good
Hirsipuutarhuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:51 PM   #52
SoothingScream

I only recently started listening to Nightwish... I was stage managing a version of "Phantom of the Opera" and one of my crew members had a CD full of Phantom songs. I had a good laugh at Nightwish's. It's ... interesting. The video was kinda cool.

One of the tracks I find my self listening to is "Wish I Had An Angel"
SoothingScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:28 PM   #53
oddmusician

for anybody who enjoys nightwish, you might also try leaves' eyes...their from austria and are along the same vein, though they tend to vascillate between heavy and acoustic songs.
www.leaveseyes.com
oddmusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 02:07 AM   #54
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
I like them, I wish I had some more music by them.
Too bad that Tarja is being kicked out of the band, but it serves her right if she's going to cop a bitchy attitude.
Fame really does screw people up from time to time.
It must have really screwed with her too, I guess.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:57 AM   #55
She_Is_My_Sin

I saw them in London last September.Tarja is amazing live & really knew how to get the crowd going , despite being a bitch.I really love 'Ghost Love Score' but I collapsed at the start of it & spent the rest of the encore in an ambulance.That was a shame because it was their last english show with Tarja. Some woman from a band called Forever Slave claims she is one of the finalists for the place of front woman.I've heard her voice & all I can say is that I won't be lsitening to them much longer if she does get into the band.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:45 AM   #56
Cruel Intentions

Nightwish are undoubtedly a great band but I think they try too hard to be like Evanescnece. I've got the platinum edition of Once and it's some pretty damn good stuff but their image isn't particularly original.

A good band in terms of their music though.
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:24 AM   #57
The White Cat

Cruel Intentions:

What are you, an idiot? Nightwish and Evanescense sound *NOTHING* alike, and besides they were around waaaay before Evanescence. So get a brain, and know your shit before you start talking out your ass.
The White Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #58
Wise Child

So... you've completely ignored the instructions for introducing yourself on - yep, you guessed it - THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD. That's one. You've brought irony to dizzying new heights by telling an existing member to get a brain. That's two. And you have then proceeded to show yourself to be completely intolerant to the opinions of others, and consequently incapable of having a mature discussion. Penny if you count high enough to tell me what number THAT is.

You make my head hurt, fucktard. Go read a book or something. One on social interaction and how to achieve same without being a complete asshole.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #59
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
I saw them in London last September.Tarja is amazing live & really knew how to get the crowd going , despite being a bitch.I really love 'Ghost Love Score' but I collapsed at the start of it & spent the rest of the encore in an ambulance.That was a shame because it was their last english show with Tarja. Some woman from a band called Forever Slave claims she is one of the finalists for the place of front woman.I've heard her voice & all I can say is that I won't be lsitening to them much longer if she does get into the band.
There have been many rumours about this and the band themselves issued this statement on their official website in December...

NEW SINGER HAS NOT BEEN FOUND
Several medias have spread information about a new singer of Nightwish but every single word has been a lie. We ask people not to believe everything that is told. We are not searching for a new singer yet and any kind of negotiations with any singer has NOT yet seen daylight.

Tuomas Emppu Marco Jukka

It will be interesting to see who the new singer will be, and how she will handle both the new material, and how she performs the older songs (that Tarja sang), only time will tell.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:29 AM   #60
Cruel Intentions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Cat
Cruel Intentions:

What are you, an idiot? Nightwish and Evanescense sound *NOTHING* alike, and besides they were around waaaay before Evanescence. So get a brain, and know your shit before you start talking out your ass.
If you'd read my post, I *NEVER* said they *SOUNDED* like Evanescence. I said their image wasn't original.

In short, I said that their music was good, their IMAGE (unless you can tell me what image sounds like) was not.

So while I'm looking for a brain, could you at least take yours out of reverse and pick a gear that works? Make sure you understand everything that someone has said before you decide to flame them.
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #61
succubus,queenofvampires

i love nightwish a lot!!!they're one of my fave bands!! i love tarja turunen!! unfortunately she's no longer part of them
btw im new on this site so if anyone wanna chat...
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:22 AM   #62
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
There have been many rumours about this and the band themselves issued this statement on their official website in December...

NEW SINGER HAS NOT BEEN FOUND
Several medias have spread information about a new singer of Nightwish but every single word has been a lie. We ask people not to believe everything that is told. We are not searching for a new singer yet and any kind of negotiations with any singer has NOT yet seen daylight.

Tuomas Emppu Marco Jukka

It will be interesting to see who the new singer will be, and how she will handle both the new material, and how she performs the older songs (that Tarja sang), only time will tell.
I haven't been on their site for a while.I just assumed from Blabbermouth.Thank you though! . If she's got a good voice I hope she covers the old songs.I really hope that they don't pick an exact Tarja voice clone.She'd be a tough act to follow.I'd like to see them try a new approach to the new voice without changing their style completely.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:08 AM   #63
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
I haven't been on their site for a while.I just assumed from Blabbermouth.Thank you though! . If she's got a good voice I hope she covers the old songs.I really hope that they don't pick an exact Tarja voice clone.She'd be a tough act to follow.I'd like to see them try a new approach to the new voice without changing their style completely.

I agree, also I think the new singer should take part in the song writing, and have a more active role in the band, than Tarja seemed to have.

A new approach would be intresting, I think adding another guitar player (for rythm guitar) would beef up their sound, and add a new dimension and power to their existing sound.

The new singer, would have to be someone who is musically trained as a vocalist (with some opera training), but also must have a stronger passion for heavy rock and metal than Tarja did (according to an interview in Kerrang last summer).

Old 01-31-2006, 11:18 AM   #64
Beowulf

One more thing, I forgot to say about the new singer (above), they must be a good songwriter, as well as a good singer and performer !!!

Old 01-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #65
downvain

Nightwish definitely has to be one of my favourites. They really got me into music.

And personally, I'm looking forward to the new vocalist, whoever she may be. ( :
downvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #66
She_Is_My_Sin

I agree with Beowulf about the songwriting.If she can write fantastic songs I'll bet it will bring the whole band closer to her & give her a much more active role within it.
& she must be a truely amazing performer.If she can get the crowd excited by just having the safety curtain lift up then I'd say she's got a secure place in the band.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #67
Beowulf

Quote:
I agree with Beowulf about the songwriting.If she can write fantastic songs I'll bet it will bring the whole band closer to her & give her a much more active role within it.
& she must be a truely amazing performer.If she can get the crowd excited by just having the safety curtain lift up then I'd say she's got a secure place in the band.

Absolutely !

Old 02-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #68
succubus,queenofvampires

hell ya its funny hehe... but i do like female goddesses and couldnt think of another one at the time . Oh weLL
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:26 AM   #69
DarkWings666

i saw nightwish live in the last gig they ever did in the uk (with tarja anyway) they were good, but they didn't really gel as a band. maybe thats to do with all the rumours i heard before i went to see them.

century child is the best album, but i've got them all. my favourite song is probably either nemo or slaying the dreamer. can't decide.

tarja's solo stuff doesn't do much for me though.
DarkWings666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #70
NightwishCobain

^coolio! i'd have loved to have seen them^
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #71
NightwishCobain

i'm not going to retaliate
Old 02-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #72
NightwishCobain

ok then....
Old 02-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #73
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWings666
i saw nightwish live in the last gig they ever did in the uk (with tarja anyway) they were good, but they didn't really gel as a band. maybe thats to do with all the rumours i heard before i went to see them.

century child is the best album, but i've got them all. my favourite song is probably either nemo or slaying the dreamer. can't decide.

tarja's solo stuff doesn't do much for me though.
I envy you, i really really DO! You guys are so lucky. No Rock/ Metal bands ever come to Lebanon! Scorpions had a concert this september but thanks to our POLITICAL situation they cancelled. * lots of tears *
Old 02-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #74
storytellers_night

I love nightwish, i saw them last september at london 2005 their last Uk gig with tarja *crys* but at least i saw them and it was one good night!
storytellers_night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:17 AM   #75
Death101

Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
All I wish is to dream again
My loving heart
Lost in the dark
For hope I`d give my everything
Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
Oh how I wish to dream again