Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #426
She_Is_My_Sin

I'd say grow it. But don't shave bits of it off like the style you were thinking.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #427
IlGato_DiDiablo

Exactly...grow the hell out of it...when you do, post a picture then we'd tell you what you should do...
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #428
Blushing Heliophobe

Broken - you look just fine with your hair like that. Personally, I think you might just want to experiment with one thing at a time. Maybe you could just dye it - it's so short that if you don't like it, shave and wait a few weeks.

In other news - my hair DID NOT fall out of my head (and the peasants rejoiced - yay)... I took pictures yesterday and will post one tomorrow. It's just my natural brown with some light highlights now.

I'm thinking of buying those little pin-on swaths of colored hair in some unnatural color, like green or blue or pink so that I can wear them on the weekends. My hair is so boring, ho-hum, but hey - at least it's on my head ...
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:07 AM   #429
IlGato_DiDiablo

Ooh! You just reminded me! I have to dye my friends hair today, pink streaks on her natural light blonde hair! Might as well update my fringe on the way...
Old 02-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #430
Lackluster_Heavens

Hey, I have a question for you guys. Today I got a REALLY bad hair cut, the student actually said this "Oh dear god" while cutting my hair, so she had to take off most of it so it wouldn't be uneven to a bad bad extreme. So now it's buzzed on the sides and....poofy, for lack of a better word, on top. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a hair style like this work?
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Lackluster_Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #431
Lackluster_Heavens

Hmm, actually that might work. Black with green stripes through it. I like the sound of that.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #432
MonsterMomma

Anyone looking to remove color...call around and find a salon that uses Rusk's Elimin8, or find someone with a license that will get it for you.

http://www.rusk1.com/products/chemic....asp#idelimin8

*lost the post I was replying to, somehow*
MonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:17 PM   #433
MonsterMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackluster_Heavens
Hey, I have a question for you guys. Today I got a REALLY bad hair cut, the student actually said this "Oh dear god" while cutting my hair, so she had to take off most of it so it wouldn't be uneven to a bad bad extreme. So now it's buzzed on the sides and....poofy, for lack of a better word, on top. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a hair style like this work?

*Points*

Hey!!! Where in NM??? I'm in Placitas.

How 'bout the Sid Vicious look?...or go for the Gothabilly pompadore with a duck's ass.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #434
Lackluster_Heavens

Los Alamos...sadly, I suppose.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #435
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Dawn
Aww, you're adorable!
Old 02-18-2006, 05:46 AM   #436
Rosie

Thinking of dying my hair thsi colour:

MY hair was dyed bright read about a month and a half ago, nearly two months now. It's gone that kind of faded bright red colour that sill looks bright under certain lights. I'm wonderring if I tried to dye it a very orange based red, would it end up tinting my current red hair orange by filling in the "faded" bits and give me something resembling that colour?
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #437
Iriacynthe

I don't know if that will work, but I do recommand you to buy a tint of red that's a bit redder and darker than the color you actually want. I usually do that when I dye my hair red, because when I've washed it two or three times, it fades and becomes more or less the color I had in mind.

The color on that drawing does look absolutely gorgeous, so if it works, you should show us some pictures!
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #438
Frappo

Does anyone have suggestions for LOW MAINTENANCE gothy hair-do's for someone with thick, frizzy, and somewhat wavy hair?
Frappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #439
Metatron

Just throw a hat on.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:43 PM   #440
Frappo

I've got a flat iron, but I'm starting to think it's um...shitty for lack of a better word. I might have to overcome my lazyness and just use the damn thing, though...
Frappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:23 AM   #441
IlGato_DiDiablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron
Just throw a hat on.

Hehe, you're SO helpful!

*giggles*
Old 02-19-2006, 04:37 AM   #442
Wise Child

And the better the condition of your hair, the easier it'll straighten and the longer it'll stay straight. So make sure you use a weekly deep conditioner - I find it really makes a difference.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:23 AM   #443
Nemesis

Im having a hair dilema at the moment, I get bored easily, at the moment my hair is black-dyed, i dont know whether to keep the black and add scarlett to the tips of my hair, or whether to back to my natural colour which is blonde OR whether to go to a deep browny colour?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #444
Wise Child

I'd go for the streaks. Sounds like the least damaging option. I love dark hair with coloured streaks - I've just never found a decent that looks good with the red, so my hair's plain now. I vote streaks.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #445
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
I'd go for the streaks. Sounds like the least damaging option. I love dark hair with coloured streaks - I've just never found a decent that looks good with the red, so my hair's plain now. I vote streaks.

Thnx, yer i like that idea, Im growing it as well so i dont wanna dry it out any more than it already is
Old 02-19-2006, 11:45 AM   #446
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie

MY hair was dyed bright read about a month and a half ago, nearly two months now. It's gone that kind of faded bright red colour that sill looks bright under certain lights. I'm wonderring if I tried to dye it a very orange based red, would it end up tinting my current red hair orange by filling in the "faded" bits and give me something resembling that colour?
Also try using a good "Red" Shampoo..

You can find them at Sally's in many different shades, the shampoo has a bit of color in it so your Dye won't fade as quickly.

I found it worked very well for me when my hair was Burgundy..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #447
Nemesis

I used to dye my hair a gorgous deep red colour but it faded after the first wash to ginger so i decided to go black as it was less hassle because it didnt fade as bad...but red is such a nice hair colour
Old 02-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #448
MonsterMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie

Faded, okay, but is the red you have a lower level red than the color you're looking to get? This is important to know. Color will not lighten color, it's designed to work on natural color pigment, not artificial pigments. So if the desired color is lighter than the previous color, there's more work involved.

Go to a Sally, most of them will have color books that have all the colors with the levels. Compare where you are, to where you want to go. Then decide if it's worth the work to get there.

If you're okay...the formula is: exisiting color + added color = end result. So know the base of the color you've got, and check the base of the color you're adding. If it's a red base, to really get it to "orange up" you'd want to add a yellow based color(yellow and red make orange). Which is going to change the tonal value of the red that's there, it'll just stay darker than the rest.

Enough color theory for ya???

Good luck. Color correction...which is the catagory this falls in, is pretty tricky stuff. That's why professionals charge so much for it...to try and keep people from asking for it!!!...*giggle*
Old 02-20-2006, 08:47 AM   #449
IlGato_DiDiablo

I haven't changed my hair colour in a month! I broke my own record...but I did keep on playing with my fringe color..it's purple now!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:42 AM   #450
peeves

next sunday I'm dyeing half my hair lime green. I've already dyed it black a while ago so I'm going to have to bleach that out and then dye my hair green. How should I go about this in a way that will damage my hair the least?
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote