Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
DeathToLems

Friend not replying and has blocked me. *cry*

Ok so I had this friend who I got on with really well (this is a internet mate btw). I was there for him everytime he had a problem. I done everything for him. He wanted advice about a girl he liked and I done everything I could think of that would help him and her get together. He even trusted me enough to tell me a big secret he has that hes embarresd about and said things to make him feel better about it.
Then one day during the time when I was giving him advice with this girl he liked he just stopped talking to me.
Blocked me on msn.
Not replied to messages.
etc etc
I just called him and he actually answered the fone. He asked who it was and i told him its me and he hung up.
*tears* what could I have done?
He was like a best friend to me, how can anyone just stop talking and block you for no reson (so it appears) as far as I know I've done NOTHING wrong, and have always been there for him.
Its the only thing lately that's depressing me. He was my mate I could tell anything too.
Should I wait it out and wait till he comes back to me.
Cut my losses and move on?
Try harder? (which I think might make it worse)
I've txtd him asking what have I done but I'm getting nothing
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
blindNsect

There are three possibilities. The first is unlikely, that this girl warped your friends' mind and made him drop you. The second isn't unbelievable but not very likely either, that maybe there is some horrible flaw that you refuse to acknowledge, and this friend finally had enough. Third, and most likely, you weren't too close with this person. Besides, internet relationships have less solidarity. That's the bitter truth as I see it, my friend.
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Stormtrooper of Death

I'm going through the same thing right now actually with a girl I'm good friends with. She hasn't talked to me in about a week, I'm just giving her time to cool down. Perhaps, he is going through a tough time in life and he needs some space?
Old 03-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
Pantherlette086

^^ That's true. Or maybe his relationship didn't work and blames your advice on it. Who knows. Just give him some time and if you two were meant to be friends you will be again.
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
DeathToLems

I'm thinking as well that maybe my advice went wrong (e.g he didn't follow it, like last time I gave him advice and he didn't follow it and it went wrong. rushing into things) and now hes blaming me for this unfortunate turn of advents. *sigh* and I'm thinking yes I should give him some space. He knows where I am if he needs me and that's what my last message to him included. Half of me was worried that something bad had happened to him when I hadn't seen him in a week. then i saw a "last visited" date be 22nd so I knew he was still alive at lest.
But even knowing hes still alive I feel as if I've lost him. And it's heart breaking. How am I supposed to just move on when I don't know what I've done wrong? i guess I'm just going to have to wait this out. After all I have my wonderful boyfriend, hes all I need. I called him and cried to him how sad i felt and he turned up at my house out of the blue with a diet coke and ferrer roche's (my fave) and a cuddle and a shoulder to cry on. Awww hes so sweet and thanks guys for giving me some advice. <3 I think now I've spoke about it I can get over it. xx
Old 03-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Stormtrooper of Death

It really sucks doesn't it? If you want I can give you my e-mail if there's anything you want to talk about one on one.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
DeathToLems

sure ^_^ or just gimi ya msn or myspaz url *shrug* ^_^
thanks for your kindness though
Old 03-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
Stormtrooper of Death

I don't have a myspazz or msn but my e-mail is KommandantK@aol .com

Remove the space and you're good to go. It's no problem, I like to help people out.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
electrosexual

Well I dont mean to sound horrible or anything, but the only time I'd ever block someone "for seemingly no reason" is when they talk to much on MSN. Do you say hi to him every time he signs in/ is online? Does he "BRB" frequently? Some people are just talkitave, and thats not a bad thing. Just sometimes it can just annoy people, and eventually comes to them blocking that person.

Its the only scenario I can think of, considering that everything was seemingly going so well.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
JCC

Did you give him any stupid advice like "Out of the blue tell her that you really want to fuck her up the wall and ram your fingers in her ass" or something to that effect, thus leading to her being like "WOW WTF" and him being like "GRAGGGHHHH BAD ADVICE" and blocking you in rage?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
Wednesday Friday Addams

lol the internetz
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #12
le_revenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindNsect
...Besides, internet relationships have less solidarity. That's the bitter truth as I see it, my friend.
I'd 2nd that, if by "solidarity" you mean "permanence".
For the last 3 years I've been pretty active in another goth-board-that-shall-not-be-named. I made 2 good friends thru it and they, in turn, became good friends with each other on account of it. Hell we even became each other's MySpace friendzees :lol:
Anyway a few weeks ago, whoosh! They both went silent on me. I'd send 'em messages, leave comments on their MySpaces & ...nothing! No explanation.
The odd thing was that, occasionally in the past, I'd get busy with other things (like real life) and they'd buzz me wondering where I was & why they hadn't heard from me. Now that the tables are turned I can't find either.

I would consider the oddball occurrence of both their computers being down at the same time, & thus their not capable of getting on-line, except I still see both actively posting on that goth-board-that-shall-not-be-named.

This bit on their part has kinda pissed me off to tell you the truth.
While I'm fiercely loyal to my friends, I hate looking foolish by hanging on to a friendship when the other party has decided to give me the heave-ho. From my perspective, if your guy friend has gone silent give him some leeway & let him know you'll be around, but don't pester him. He'll know where to find you.
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #13
blindNsect

By solidarity I mean shared responsibilities and goals.
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #14
Xombie

Maybe he found real friends and moved on.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #15
DeathToLems

Well tbh I can't remember I i said anything bad the last time we spoke. But I doubt I did. I've sent enough messages on everything that he could posably get a message from just in case he didnt get the other ones. But I'm still thinking I have no chance of getting a reply anytime soon. Hopefully he will come around eventually. And realize I was always there for him and I would be a friend that he would apriciate to have. Not keep my hopes up though. I've almost moved on myself. I know i shouldent waste my time pineing for him to come back. If he dont have time or forgiveness (if i have to ask for any?) then hes not worth my friendship or effort. pah!
Old 03-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #16
Tam Li Hua

He may just need some time to cool off. I used to have horrible disagreements with my friends over the Internet, which seems all too conducive to being a bit -too- honest at times. [Trust me, there -is- such a thing as too much honesty too quicky.]

I suggest giving him some space, and when he comes back to you, try to be understanding.

On a completely different note, is it Goth.net that's the unmentionable Goth board? And why is it unmentionable? *very confused*
Old 03-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #17
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
He may just need some time to cool off. I used to have horrible disagreements with my friends over the Internet, which seems all too conducive to being a bit -too- honest at times. [Trust me, there -is- such a thing as too much honesty too quicky.]

I suggest giving him some space, and when he comes back to you, try to be understanding.

On a completely different note, is it Goth.net that's the unmentionable Goth board? And why is it unmentionable? *very confused*
We are a very free and open subculture, that values diversity, and thus, all other venues of internet expression must be crushed to maintain the purity of this freedom.

It's all so very obvious if you just think about it. :-)
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:32 AM   #18
Wednesday Friday Addams

I will eat you happiness And freedom and drugz and grammarz
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #19
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic_angel
We are a very free and open subculture, that values diversity, and thus, all other venues of internet expression must be crushed to maintain the purity of this freedom.

It's all so very obvious if you just think about it. :-)
Ahh. Of course.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #20
Mir

I think you need a new Internet mate. One that doesn't block/avoid you without any known reason. I'd be more than happy to be your mate.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #21
DeathToLems

Ok ^_^ And yes I will just forget that person. Why should I be the one that runs after him?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #22
Raptor

Exactly, you shouldn't have to run after him now.
Also I don't get what some people are saying about internet friends, I know I have some that I like as much as my real friends and have met with. People I've been friends with that I knew in person have stopped talking to me before, its just how things turn out sometimes, internet or not. I suppose its easier to tell whos closer to you when its person to person.
Anyway I hope you feel better soon whatever the finial outcome is.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #23
Magila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
I will eat you happiness And freedom and drugz and grammarz

Stop acting like that, it's not you; seriously.

on topic : I suggest moving on.
Magila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #24
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
Ok ^_^ And yes I will just forget that person. Why should I be the one that runs after him?
If you have a Myspazz account, feel free to add me. The link is in the signature!

There is no need to run after him. If he can't level with you, maybe he isn't worth running around for.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #25
Mir

Lyke meeeeh!@#!!!!!!