Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
DeathToLems

Going to see a psychic on the 26th April. what should I ask in the 20 mins I get??

I've never been to one before so I'm not sure what to expect. This will cost me £45 for about 20mins so I want to make the most of it.
What should I ask?
And have you ever been to see one before? what did you ask? What was your experience like?
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
Clockwork

If you're paying that much to see a 'psychic,' I should hope you already have some pressing reason, and not the simple urge to ask random questions o_O
Old 04-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
I've never been to one before so I'm not sure what to expect. This will cost me £45 for about 20mins so I want to make the most of it.
What should I ask?
And have you ever been to see one before? what did you ask? What was your experience like?
Don't do it.

Waste of time.
Waste of money.
Waste of air that the psychic is breathing.

Wasteful venture.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
KontanKarite

Pay me 45 pounds to be your psychic. Holy shit, I should start a psychic business.

Hell, I could read you your cards right now for free.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Holy shit, I should start a psychic business.
Too right you should! I didn't realise they charged that much. Crazy. I wonder how many people they get through in a day.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Ask: which stock I should buy that would increase a thousand fold between April 15 and May 1st 2008?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
XXChristabelXX

Ask if there is a money back guarantee nd buy sushi instead
XXChristabelXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Pay me 45 pounds to be your psychic. Holy shit, I should start a psychic business.

Hell, I could read you your cards right now for free.

Well on the day im going theres going to be a few of us. One of the girls im going with worked out that this woman will probably make about £400 from that one night

Oh and if you can read the cards. Go ahead I would like to know.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #9
BLEED REBELION!!!

I never realized that psychics charged so much for a reading.

I;ve always had family members and friends that could do it. And they usually did it for free.

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #10
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Well on the day im going theres going to be a few of us. One of the girls im going with worked out that this woman will probably make about £400 from that one night

Oh and if you can read the cards. Go ahead I would like to know.
Jeez, I should quit my job.

You will have a decision to make in the near future. Someone in your life is in love with you. (Shh. Nevermind who.) You're going to experience some conflict with someone close to you.

That'll be $45.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #11
Dark Clarissa

How did you find out about her? Was it through a recommendation?

I know that a lot of people are sceptical, but if you believe in psychic abilities, I see no harm. (As long as you don't get addicted lol!)

But, I hope that you haven't just booked her out of the yellow pages or something. You need to know a psychic's track record, their abilities, their previous results, both their successes AND their failures (which they all have and if they say they don't they're lying).

I agree that I think £45 is a bit steep, particularly as it will be for a group.
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:38 AM   #12
CptSternn

Ask for picks in the upcoming grand nationals.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #13
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Jeez, I should quit my job.

You will have a decision to make in the near future. Someone in your life is in love with you. (Shh. Nevermind who.) You're going to experience some conflict with someone close to you.

That'll be $45.
As typical as they sound I'll tell you what!
A decision in the near future? Im not sure of this one yet

Someone in your life is in love with you. yes and I know who

You're going to experience some conflict with someone close to you. About 20 mins ago I was having a little disagrement with my boyfriend about why is he so afrade to stop at a cash point and top up his bus card? Srsly It starting to drive me nuts with how ...worried(?) he is of everyone around him, He panics over silly things and thinks everyone is out to kill him. Ok so he got beat up by some chavs but come on get over it be a bloody man! And he dont help him slef about it either. I bought him loads of nice clothes so he wouldent be so much of a "target" (as he likes to call it) but then he goes out wearing really shitty trampy clothes. What does he expect!? He wil never listen and he will never learn. *sigh* I'm depressed now.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Clarissa
How did you find out about her? Was it through a recommendation?

I know that a lot of people are sceptical, but if you believe in psychic abilities, I see no harm. (As long as you don't get addicted lol!)

But, I hope that you haven't just booked her out of the yellow pages or something. You need to know a psychics track record, their abilities, their previous results, both their successes AND their failures (which they all have and if they say they don't they're lying).

I agree that I think £45 is a bit steep, particularly as it will be for a group.
I found out about her through a friend. Shes been to her a few times and highly recommends her.
I want to ask her if theres a way to channel my own "powers" to be more psychic. I have a feeling I have a bit of the gift.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #15
Wormboy

Wow, I get annoyed when people feed me bullshit FOR FREE, you're paying for it. Yikes, might as well bite into a bag of manure at the home depot instead. Cheaper

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #16
DeathToLems

~Its one of the things on The List Of Things To Do Before I Die.
I done pretty much everythign else. Sept get a robot dog and goto japan.
Maybe I can do both of these things if I went to japan!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #17
Beneath the Shadows

What kind of psychic? Tarot reader? Palm reader? Mentok the Mind-taker?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #18
Wormboy

Quote:
~Its one of the things on The List Of Things To Do Before I Die.
I done pretty much everythign else. Sept get a robot dog and goto japan.
Maybe I can do both of these things if I went to japan!
Ah I see. Just for shits and giggles then aye? Haha you can do all three in Japan! A robotic dog will read you fortunes! ^_^

Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #19
LaBelleDameSansMerci

They were talking about a robotic cat on CBC one night and they've programmed it to have basic emotions. It gets bored and falls asleep if you don't pay attention to it, and it can be happy and sad, too. I'm not sure what triggers its emotions, other than the boredom thing, but.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #20
Drake Dun

Question #1: "If you're psychic, how come I had to call and make an appointment?"

Lol. I don't mind the people who believe in this stuff innocently. It's the snake oil salesmen that bother me, and I think you'll find that the ones who make a career out of it usually know exactly what's going on.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #21
DeathToLems

Yeah I'm just going for curiosity really. And oh yeah you have to tell her your name and date of birth. lol And there's me thinking she would know this already O_o. Meh.

Oh and I know that if I got a robot dog/cat I would get bored of it before it got bored of me. I'm like one of them kids that See's something and wants it but would probably forget about it within a day.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of psychic she is. Apparently she can get messages from dead relatives or what ever. I'm not too keen on that tbh. I don't want to know that my grandad has been with me since he died. That would freak the hell out of me! But I would like to know who my guardian angel is. Because I srsly think I have someone looking over me all the time helping me make the right moves and giving me the right words to say in tough situations. So yeah I wonder if its a hot Gothic looking guardian. lol I wonder if I can ask for a swap if its not who I thought it would be. teehee
Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
drewsilla

I went to one after I first got married that was pretty dead-on. I was pregnant with my son, but you couldn't tell I was by looking at me. She told me I was pregnant before I could ask about the baby, then told me the baby was going to be a boy, and a really big one at that. She also told me I would have two children, and the second one would come years after the first. Then she told me that my husband and I would have hard times ahead but it would work out in the end and we would be married for many years to come. She also told my husband the same thing, but then she told him that she saw him in an all-over "green suit" and us moving far away.

When she told me that the baby I was carrying was a boy I kind of thought from then on that she was full of shit, b/c just the week before I had an ultrasound and was told the baby was a girl. Well, when I was 8 months along I had another ultrasound and they told me that they were wrong, that the baby was a boy. When he was born he weighed 9 pounds 6 ounces.

Oh, and what she told my husband about the "green suit" came true, too. Right before our son was born he joined the Army, and eventually we moved to Germany. Weird, huh?

I'd like to go back to her again, but I'm not sure if she's even still alive. She was really old when we were there 8 years ago. She didn't charge us anything, but we gave her money anyway. I've never got good readings from people who charge.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #23
DeathToLems

Hmm intresting. She told my brothers girl friend that She would be the one too cheat on him. Hmm well I know that my brother has kind off cheated on her. Well if you say kissed another girl on holiday is cheating.
I'm going to make sure that I know everything about my family's history before I go see this woman. Because if she comes out with things that I dont know about that turn out to be true I would rather know right there and then too see if she really is telling the truth.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #24
drewsilla

Good idea. Another good thing is to try and not let your body language and expression give you away. The bad ones can read you like a book and tell you what you want to hear. Just listen to what they say, and have a list of questions you want to ask. 20 mins is not long at all.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #25
AngelikDemonik

Be careful about psychics...I went to one once, paid $25, and she told me that I needed to come back to get my "aura cleansed"...for $40. I never went back. A few months later, I went to two other psychics (one tarot one palm reader), free of charage, both of whom told me I have a very positive aura.

Don't let them take advantage of you.

Anyway, the usually ask you what you want to know about--Future, Money, Happiness, Love.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote