Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
KontanKarite

It would just be wrong of me not to share this.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/439275

The Last Stand 2. I will be so bold to say that this is by far the greatest zombie survival game. Ever. In regards to how it's handled.

I've never played that X-Box game about zombies. But this game is seriously... amazing.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
ThreeEyesOni

Wow. That was really, really good.

I made it 30 days and then died in the little town just shy of the final one. It took me a while to realize that if I wanted to change weapons from the Chainsaw (on that note; they pretty much make it required that you will be using the chainsaw. the other guys can't use it, and you're not likely to have enough firearms to go around.) to a gun I had to do it before the Chainsaw ran out of fuel and started to reload.

I couldn't really figure out what caused my other survivors to die when they did. I don't know if they gradualy "wore out" or they took a hit from a zombie or what. My final survivor ended up running away with the assault rifle as soon as the final barricade got too low, so that was spiteful and amusing at the same time.

I'd played thier first version, and really didn't think that it was very good. It was just a setup to see how long until you died. This one there's at least the hope of getting out without being eaten. I'll have to retry it later.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
KontanKarite

Yeah, if the zombie actually hits your survivors, they die.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
Splintered

I played it all the way through (Hint: Take the shortest path to Union City. The less population = The Better) and thought it was a blast. The only thing that bothered me, was that I had to give up the AK-47 and the M4A1 to my survivors, because I was too busy working the chainsaw.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
Raptor

Ooh. This is better than the first one. Now you have a choice of where to search. It might have been nice to have like a random chance of the buildings you search to be hiding zombies, so that it cuts to shorter fight where you can either flee the building and look elsewhere or fight to get the supplies inside. The traps were new too. They both could have done with a harder difficulty but ah well. Its a very good free game free game though!

I didn't use the chainsaw, the pistol and UMP work well. The first game had a Barrett in it, which was by far the best weapon. Not sure if its in this one. I didn't manage to find it anyway.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Yeah I like this one better than the last. Though I haven't managed to find the berreta .50 sniper rifle they had in the last one. Also you don't really need the chainsaw if you use the m4a1 and rpg yourself. You might not need any other weapon than the rpg actualy. I hope they come out with another sequel.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
Raptor

RPG? Wheres that?

The M4 isn't that great, the Uzi has larger mags and the AK seems more powerful. Theres a hunting rifle in the small farm place thats pretty good, goes through zombies and hits the ones behind. It was a Barrett .50 in the last one.

Also it wouldn't let me travel to that town just below Union City, something interesting there?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #8
ThreeEyesOni

Bleh. Tried again and died in the same space. Two of my survivors bought it right off the bat, and they had the AK and the M16.

My tactic so far is using the Chainsaw as a primary weapon, mostly to take out the fast zombies once I have armed survivors. As a secondary weapon I like the composite bow, since it's very easy to get headshots and it has a pretty good reload rate.

I havn't tried using the shotguns yet, because it would seem they have a pretty slow reload rate. I've also stayed clear of that large city directly east of the starting one; maybe I can try that one for the 3rd city to hit and maybe get enough resoures to just plow on through to the final city?

Oh, and do you have to wait for a certain day, or are you clear as soon as you get to the final city?
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #9
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
RPG? Wheres that?

The M4 isn't that great, the Uzi has larger mags and the AK seems more powerful. Theres a hunting rifle in the small farm place thats pretty good, goes through zombies and hits the ones behind. It was a Barrett .50 in the last one.

Also it wouldn't let me travel to that town just below Union City, something interesting there?
The rpg I guess is exclusive content available only on WWW.ARMORGAMES.COM , it is possibly the best weapon in the game since it can clean off the 1/3-1/2 of the field with a single well placed shot or 1/6 of the field with an alright shot and has a reasonable reload time when you factor in the power. It's over at the fort and I've actualy found it is rather easy to find there. Do they have the fort in the non Armor Games version?

Also there is no final boss at the final city or anything like that, you just have to get there and the game is over.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 05-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
Renatus

The only zombies that can kill survivors are the ones with weapons so just focus on those. If your barrier goes down it is still possible to survive and the surivors that run off just before the barrier goes down will come back to help you next round, just as long as you rebuild the barrier.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeEyesOni
My tactic so far is using the Chainsaw as a primary weapon, mostly to take out the fast zombies once I have armed survivors. As a secondary weapon I like the composite bow, since it's very easy to get headshots and it has a pretty good reload rate.

I havn't tried using the shotguns yet, because it would seem they have a pretty slow reload rate. I've also stayed clear of that large city directly east of the starting one; maybe I can try that one for the 3rd city to hit and maybe get enough resoures to just plow on through to the final city?

Oh, and do you have to wait for a certain day, or are you clear as soon as you get to the final city?
I use the hunting rifle as a primary with the uzi as secondary, usually stick with the rifle and try to take out more than one zombie with each shot. I think I got the Uzi in that large city, as well as the UMP. I wouldn't go backwards really. And nope, you can go to the finial city as soon as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
The rpg I guess is exclusive content available only on WWW.ARMORGAMES.COM , it is possibly the best weapon in the game since it can clean off the 1/3-1/2 of the field with a single well placed shot or 1/6 of the field with an alright shot and has a reasonable reload time when you factor in the power. It's over at the fort and I've actualy found it is rather easy to find there. Do they have the fort in the non Armor Games version?
Oh. Nope you can't move to the fort on the other site, but it is shown on the map. Still no Barrett then? Ah well. Might have a go at getting the RPG at some point but back to revision now. Astro exam tomorrow grr.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #12
CptSternn

Anyone seen the trailers for the new game Left For Dead? It's another new zombie survival game, but can be played multiplayer online and everytime you play the system randomises the zombies as well as the buildings and city layout so every game is like a new adventure.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:40 PM   #13
BLEED REBELION!!!

Kontan this is off topic but is your name supposed to mean soulreaper in Jpn??

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #14
Metabolik

Something to keep me active until Left4Dead is released. =3