Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
carakitty

Boo

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I am a wife and mother who loves helping animals, taking pictures, and procrastinating on the computer.

2. Where are you from?
All over the place. Military life will do that to a person.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Hate to be a bore, but I don't really have one these days. Don't have much time for leisure reading anyway. Boohoo.

4. What are your favorite films?
I like stuff by Tim Burton (regardless of the fact that he recycles actors way too much), The Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy, Van Helsing, Blade, Underworld...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
We had "Truly Madly Deeply" for our first dance as husband + wife, "Butterfly Kisses" was with my Dad, and one of my brothers DJ'd with CDs I had in my collection at the time and what ever else people wanted played if they had it.

6. At your funeral?
I'm going to be dead, so wouldn't it really would be about what the people there would get the most comfort from? But I really like "Moonlight Sonata" and other classical piano pieces, The Velveteen Rabbit read by Meryl Streep with music by George Winston, "Tears In Heaven", in addition to "On Eagles Wings", "Be Not Afraid", and a couple of my other favorite church songs.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I don't know, I haven't had the chance to ask God what he has in store + it's probably better if I don't know anyway. It would be nice if there could be enough time for everyone to say good bye one last time though and know it's good bye.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Something simple and hopefully inexpensive like solid wood or perhaps even a shroud or large wrapping of velvet.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Anything is better with my cat hat + scarf and stripey mitten gloves!

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The simplicity.

11. What's your favorite band?
Goth favorites are the Cure and Nick Cave + the Bad Seeds. In other genres (not listed in order of favorite) I like Enya, U2, the cranberries, Jack Johnson, Linkin Park, Pink Floyd, Kaos Kontrol, Mestizo, and a bunch of other stuff.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have a high school diploma, credits from a couple different colleges, and am currently enrolled in a program for a degree in Veterinary Technology. Then it's on to being officially Certified!

13. Why did you join?
I stick around for the pure entertainment value of so many people coming together under the impression of 'darkness'

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
If you don't know by now I'd say you're rather dim-witted and unobservant

Yay for 800 posts! And for hanging around this cave for over a year now! I'm starting to feel Elder-ish
Old 10-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
Fruitbat

*waves*

I love Enya, she's pretty cool and so talented playing all those instruments.

Congrats on 800 posts!!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
carakitty

*waves her tail tip back at you with a chirpy mew*

What instruments does Enya play?

I think when someone can sing as well as play an instrument, especially simultaneously, my respect level for them goes up a notch (or two) regardless of whether or not I enjoy their musical style.

Thanks for the congratulatory wishes. If I posted every time I thought of a reply here I'd probably be closer to 1000, but sometimes I can't be bothered taking the energy to type out what I was thinking. Or because I'd be feeding a troll. Or because I start a reply + switch to another tab then shut down the computer forgetting there was something in progress. Or because I want to think of a quality reply and intend to come back later with more organized thoughts but get side tracked by life and forget about the matter on here altogether. OMG I ramble! Sorry!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
Fruitbat

Enya performs all percussion, instruments, and vocals in her pieces unless specified. Although there are certain pieces where acoustic instruments are featured, almost all sounds of her pieces are created by a synthesiser. Her trademark sound is achieved by layering her voice as many as 80 times.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enya

I love the photo on the front of her website http://www.enya.com/.

I procrastinate too much about writing which is why I'm on here every two seconds.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote