Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
Spooky_Gurl

Question confused.

Ok, well I had a question, and being only 12 I don't really have any "professional"(I guess you could call it), goth friends. I have a couple of my normal friends tell me that if I am goth I can't have fun, or smile for that matter. I understand that not your everyday goth smiles but even goths should be entitled for some happiness. Am I right? I don't want to be annoying or a pest in anyway so if you think I am. Please don't reply and be mean bastards/bitches. I don't want trouble I just wanted to know. Because I want/like to have fun around my friends. Shouldn't I be able to? :???:
Spooky_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #2
Star of Blight

Uhm yes...of course. Life itself is about having fun, since we really only get a limited chance at it anyways. Life's too short to not have fun really, and anyone who tells you otherwise should be beated to death with their own liver.

Jesus your 12? Okay, let me give you a couple of tips for life. Don't let other people dictate how you should live your life. Find what's comfortable for you and doesn't hurt other people and go with that, you'll be alot happier in the longrun. Respect those who show they deserve respect, and deflate ego's when ever you can. This keeps people on the same level and generally rather relaxed and groovy. Cultivate at least one vice, doesn't matter if it's something like a drug habit or just an addiction to chocolate. But one little vice, one small indulgence in your life (that doesn't rule your life, there's a difference between this and being a junkie) is generally a healthy thing from a mental standpoint...but not always a physical one. Remember that the first 18-20 years of your life is just filled with retarded bullshit. It's not the end all/be all of your life. High schools gonna suck, but then it sucks for everyone. Don't buy into that "best years of your life" crap....it's 4 years of stupidity that'll seem very important to you at the time....but a year or two down the road when your out in the world doing whatever, you'll look back and realize "That was pretty retarded, glad I don't have to deal with it again."

Mainly my biggest piece of advice is, be yourself, but don't be a tool.

Oh and don't turn out like me, always a good thing.

Some one shoot me, I'm starting to feel old.
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
Spooky_Gurl

`

Thanks, I really needed that. You sounded exactly like my mom. That's ok though, because I respect my mom, even when she's a bitch. You really sorted things out. I am glad that I can have fun. Because if I couldn't have fun then I don't think that life would be worth living. I understand that goths rarely have fun and/or smile, (more or less). However, I don't think I would be ready to be goth if i couldn't have fun or smile every once in a while. Like take my bf, David, whenever I see him, I smile because I like him alot, (not sure about the loving thing, though). Just thinking about his face makes me smile. I know that these are really little compared to love and marriage but I like him and I think that he likes me too.

That makes me happy. That I can go to school and not everyone thinks of me as a goth, weirdo, outcast, or scary. That there is a little bit of love for me everywhere I go. Even the slightest bit. It makes me like life. Even though that traditional goths don't like it too much and have all the suidcide (sp?) plans in there life, But I guess that I am not a traditional goth, maybe in all of my thoughts except for this one. Now I am just grateful that there is someone like David in the world. Which, to me, makes me think that there MUST be more people out there like you guys and David who are willing to accept me. Even though some of my choices aren't the best in the world.

Well now I realize that I have just made a long post and I know that most people, (like myself) don't like to read the big long posts. So thank you. And sry if this doesn't make people happy about the way I think but in a more simple words of Star of Blight...TOUGH!!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
Star of Blight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_Gurl
And sry if this doesn't make people happy about the way I think but in a more simple words of Star of Blight...TOUGH!!

You go girl, get down with your bad self!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
Spooky_Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star of Blight
You go girl, get down with your bad self!
lolol :smile:
Old 09-22-2005, 06:07 PM   #6
Solumina

like star said life is about fun, after all what's the point of life if you never really live it? I'm gothicly inclined but I still make a point of having the best possible time no matter what I'm doing, ok so even I can't have fun in intro to social work but whatever...the point is have fun and be yourself
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #7
edible_eye

true dat, biz-natches.

http://www.salsbarbershop.com/images/peace_out.jpg
Old 09-22-2005, 06:50 PM   #8
winged_dreams

Life is too short not to enjoy it. So have as much fun as possible.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:15 PM   #9
tiffany_the_writer

If you are not going to have fun when you are alive then when will you??

Life should be about having fun when you are 12. And besides, if you are all grumpy and unhappy all the time no one will want to be around you anyway lol.
tiffany_the_writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
sorrow

"Goths know that no one can be happy all the time; hence, they fight against this two dimensional attitude by delving into other aspects of the human condition. Unfortunetly, some goths take rebellion a little too far by pretending they are sad all of the time--which of course is just as unrealistic. This behavior is what propagates the stereotype that goths are a bunch of humorless, suicidal mope-misters."

-Voltaire
sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:02 AM   #11
Demonista_Ravenesque

Being unhappy, just to fit into a subculture is much too drastic...and the subculture doesn't really have rules on behaviour, so live your goddamn life

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:44 AM   #12
Satan's Spawn

you're 12? That's cool, way to start being goth ^_^ and don't listen to your ignorant friends, they don't know what goths are if they say they're grumpy all the time. Many goths are though like me
not that I can talk about being that goth myself, I'm more a bit of a metalhead, really... but I used to be goth... doesn't that count? I'm confused myself now, I think I'll go eat cake. Always helps.
But keep being goth, or if that doesn't work out for you, become a metalhead like me, we just sit around banging our heads to music. And we've got the coolest collections of spikes ever ^_^
Satan's Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:03 AM   #13
Star of Blight

I'm more of a former goth myself. At least that's what I tell myself. Now I'm just a forward thinking individual with a snide attitude, good taste in music and penchant for not dressing like a total jackass.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:28 AM   #14
wikked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_Gurl
I don't really have any "professional"(I guess you could call it), goth friends. I have a couple of my normal friends tell me that if I am goth I can't have fun, or smile for that matter. :???:

By "normal", I'd guess you mean they're a little preppy? I recommend you tell them not to advise you on something they obviously don't understand. The way different groups are portrayed isn't the full story. If it was, all black people would be slutty criminals, and all white people would be either wealthy or live in trailer parks. Also- those friends would have just as little right to sadness as you would have to joy. Humans are complex little suckers, and can't really shut off those feelings. Even those goths who look unhappy all of the time are capable of smiling. If you don't believe me, go tickle one.
wikked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #15
Spooky_Gurl

Yes, by normal I do mean they are a little.................preppy!!! *cringe* I have never favored "the" word soo much. I hate *gulps* preps. yeah, maybe next time i see one of my goth friends i will go and tickle them, cuz she never laughs. EVER!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:16 PM   #16
Foreign

nice avice, PS can i steel that last part to it
it really like it
Foreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #17
angleangel_doom

Uh, its life, you have one, so live it.
HAVE SOME FUN AND TELL YOUR "FRIENDS" TO FUCK OFF!!
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:15 PM   #18
punkirony

I agree....except with the "fuck off" part. Then you'd just be as inconsiderate as the next person. You seem sweet, Spooky, and you should definitely stay that way.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:07 PM   #19
GodIsDead

Kick your friend in the nards for being a dumbfuck.
You can smile if you'd like to.
They're just being typical people and stereotyping what a goth can and can't do.
People...damn them all..they're better off dead.-_-

Yes,well,be yourself.
GodIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote