Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
Jesus Teen

Hello, everybody!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

Well I really like going to church, that's a really big part of what I like to do, I also like reading the Holy Bible, hanging out with my friends, doing my homework, and volunteering at the retirement home.

2. Where are you from?

I was born in Tennessee, but I moved to Kansas when I was four.

3. Who is your favorite author?

That would probably be God, because he wrote the Holy Bible and stuff.

4. What are your favorite films?

My favorite would have to be either The Passion of the Christ or Happy Gilmore.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Something by Thousand Foot Krutch, I guess. Maybe Creed.

6. At your funeral?

I'll be in Heaven by then, so just play whatever.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

In my sleep probably, or maybe like by getting hit by a truck while taking clothes to the homeless.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

A brown one.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Khakis and a polo shirt.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Not being allowed to believe in Santa anymore because it's like worshiping a false idol or something.

11. What's your favorite band?

Thousand Foot Krutch

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Well, I'm in the eighth grade next year, and I want to major in Bible Study or Theology when I go to college. Probably Bible Study because I don't want to know about any other religions because Christianity is the only real one.

13. Why did you join?

To hang out with other goths, most of the kids in my school aren't goth, and the ones that are are really weird. They wear black clothes all the time and put on makeup (even the guys!) and talk about satan and stuff so I don't think they're real goths or whatever.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I'm a guy.
Jesus Teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Dude, you are cool, even if your beliefs are in direct conflict with mine (or lack of).
But I have a question. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're a christian or anything, but why do you consider yourself a goth?
Goth is definitely not those satanist wannabes you mentioned, but you didn't mention The Neph once or anything.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I must say that if you joined to "hang out with other goths" that you should be prepared for greetings that may not be entirely friendly as opposed to a welcoming to the cult. One must have some reasonable debate skills (or treachery ) and logic to survive the "initiation" of sorts that you will likely be subjected to as a result of your introduction. But you will win respect for your written communication skills. It is pleasing to see a newcomer write so well.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
Umbrellacake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teen
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Well, I'm in the eighth grade next year, and I want to major in Bible Study or Theology when I go to college. Probably Bible Study because I don't want to know about any other religions because Christianity is the only real one.
Expect to take a lot of shit for this, first off. A few people here will bash Christianity, most aren't particularly religious, and I'm sure than nearly all of us share the opinion that learning about other religions is vital to being able to justify your own beliefs. Giving you a heads-up on this one.

Otherwise, welcome to the club. Hope we can make a good impression on you and broaden your thoughts about certain issues a bit.
Umbrellacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

There won't be any shit for him being a Christian except maybe by Onetwothree, or if in a discussion of a religious thread.

P.S.
Humane, we have exactly the same post per day count to the decimal point! =O

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
Umbrellacake

I was talking about this bit: "because I don't want to know about any other religions because Christianity is the only real one."

He is literate, though, and that's cool. Good so far, I'm just warning him that there tends to be a lot of anti-Christian vibes here because he sounds like he likes to talk about his religion, being so involved in it. Something's going to happen sooner or later if some one picks a fight.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

Oh, I didn't read the quote at all. :P

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
Umbrellacake

Heh, yea. Reading is gewd. :3
Old 08-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Humane, we have exactly the same post per day count to the decimal point! =O
Dare I say: GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! Haha!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
delicti

I smell troll.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #11
korinna5555

Quote:
Probably Bible Study because I don't want to know about any other religions because Christianity is the only real one.
*inks rubber stamp*
*smashes it into your forehead*
Congrats. You now have "ASSHOLE" stamped on your face.

By the way, that is a run on sentence.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #12
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Just don't go around trying to shove your most likely protestant beliefs down our throats. You also better not be a fan of the movie jesus camp or we might just lynch you on the spot. Before you say "oh the lord jesus will save your soul" and start wacking me on the head with a bible I'm a Catholic. Jesus never used a whip to force people into the lord's house only to keep people out, that is one reason why I absolutly hate jesus camp besides the obvious similarities to the nazis.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
October_Night

Hello, welcome to the boards.
October_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #14
Umbrellacake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Just don't go around trying to shove your most likely protestant beliefs down our throats. You also better not be a fan of the movie jesus camp or we might just lynch you on the spot. Before you say "oh the lord jesus will save your soul" and start wacking me on the head with a bible I'm a Catholic. Jesus never used a whip to force people into the lord's house only to keep people out, that is one reason why I absolutly hate jesus camp besides the obvious similarities to the nazis.
Don't start a flame war in his FIRST THREAD, please. When did that documentary even come into this? Just chill.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #15
Umbrellacake

Continuation of the above due to retarded 5-minute rule:

I'm not trying to call you out specifically or anything, but this just seems to happen in every thread. The lack of maturity and overwhelming amount of elitist bullshit spouted around here is getting tiresome - and I'm a fairly new member, at that.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
I smell troll.
Definitely. Almost without a doubt.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #17
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrellacake
Continuation of the above due to retarded 5-minute rule:

I'm not trying to call you out specifically or anything, but this just seems to happen in every thread. The lack of maturity and overwhelming amount of elitist bullshit spouted around here is getting tiresome - and I'm a fairly new member, at that.
Sorry I just have the unfortunate experience of having had the only place I found interesting to hang out at converted into jesus camp by people with similar characteristics.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #18
biohazard

Hello, welcome to the boards. I am glad you openly gave your beliefs to the community. Some people are against christianity, but there are some christians here as well. I am a christian.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:57 PM   #19
Nevan

Quote:
... I want to major in Bible Study or Theology when I go to college. Probably Bible Study... because Christianity is the only real one.
hahahaha. If you think that studying Theology of all things is gonna make you holier than thou and bring you in touch with god... Yeah. The higher your hopes, the harder your fall. There is no truth in theology. If you can still love god after 'theology', then you might consider yourself a true christian. Or whatever. I should have at least an idea of what I'm saying - from my little Hons.BTh experience and all. But who am I to say? Figure that out for yourself.

You don't sound like a normal, real person.

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 AM   #20
Green.Lady

Thank you for making me laugh. I was bored.
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:07 AM   #21
Jesus Teen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Dude, you are cool, even if your beliefs are in direct conflict with mine (or lack of).
But I have a question. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're a christian or anything, but why do you consider yourself a goth?
Goth is definitely not those satanist wannabes you mentioned, but you didn't mention The Neph once or anything.
Hey, thanks! I think I'm really cool too! It makes me sad to think you have to go to hell because you don't believe in Jesus though. :'(

To answer your question my parents told me I was descended from goths, so I guess I must be one too.

Oh, thanks for the heads up on those kids being satanists, I'll be sure to stay away from them now lest they curse me or summon dark powers to take away my love of Jesus or something. Who is this Neph guy, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
One must have some reasonable debate skills (or treachery ) and logic to survive the "initiation" of sorts that you will likely be subjected to as a result of your introduction.
Well I'm pretty sure treachery is bad, so I think I'll have to choose debate. What will we debate about? We could do it about whether Halo 3 will be really awesome, or just kinda awesome, but you should choose since I'm the one getting initiated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbrellaCake
A few people here will bash Christianity, most aren't particularly religious, and I'm sure than nearly all of us share the opinion that learning about other religions is vital to being able to justify your own beliefs.
Why will they bash Christianity when everything it does is good? Oh, and I don't think that learning about other religions is that important to justify Christianity or whatever, I mean, doesn't it kind of justify itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
You now have "ASSHOLE" stamped on your face.
I don't even want to say the words I'm thinking because Jesus would be angry with me. He's probably angry with me just for thinking about them, they're that bad.

Quote:
Jesus never used a whip to force people into the lord's house only to keep people out, that is one reason why I absolutly hate jesus camp besides the obvious similarities to the nazis.
Jesus probably wouldn't even use the whip to keep people out, though, right? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't because loves everybody, even if they hate him, or look gross, or say things about stamping bad words to your face. Oh, and I've never been to Jesus camp, why is it bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by October_Night
Hello, welcome to the boards.
Thanks, I like you.

Quote:
Sorry I just have the unfortunate experience of having had the only place I found interesting to hang out at converted into jesus camp by people with similar characteristics.
Jesus camp again! What is it and why is it so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard
there are some christians here as well. I am a christian.
That's awesome, so how did you find out you were a goth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevan
You don't sound like a normal, real person.
That's because I'm not... I love Jesus WAY more than a "normal" person!
Jesus Teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:16 AM   #22
Nevan

A person who really loves Jesus doesn't have to convince everybody that he does.

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #23
Romantic Raven

Quote:
Why will they bash Christianity when everything it does is good?
*cough* Inquisition *cough*
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:25 AM   #24
Apathy's_Child

TROLL. Troll. Troll.

Never fear, God will save us if we join hands and pray reeeeal hard.

Oh wait, it's the internet. [ignores the troll]

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 AM   #25
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
I smell troll.
This one seems fun though.

Well...literate at least.

This should be fun.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote