Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Stereoptypes

I am stereotyped SO much!!!!!!!!!! This girl at my school aske dthe teacher if she could not sit beside me in class (we're assigned seats like were in Kindergarten or something XD) because I'm obsessed with death, blood, and pain. Not true. I try to find beauty in them, but I hate pain and I don't want to die yet. Plus, my friends Mom won't let me come over because she thinks I'm into Satanism. Now my friend always has to come over to my house. Has anyone experienced heavy sterotyping before? I handle it pretty well though.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
L'Oiseau Noir

You're not the only person. I'm always getting stereotyped--just go to my other whiny threads to see what I mean--and I'm getting real sick of it.

As I said in another thread of mine, I was recently pulled aside because of the way I dressed. Not only that, but I'm always receiving snarky comments from the rich kids in my school. I'm constantly being asked if I worship Satan, sacrifice things, eat babies--yes, someone actually asked me that before--and a host of other irritating stereotypes. I try to brush it off, though, and most of the time I do, but some of them just love shoving themselves in your face....
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
Lapin

I don't get stereotyped for being a Goth. I get stereotyped for being relatively short, pale, cute, and female. I'm supposedly demure, weak, and need to be cuddled.

Never mind that part of my profession involves the words "steelcutting".

Yeah I'm weak. (Eye roll) And the stars help the person who tries to cuddle me...(Big Sign: DO NOT TOUCH)
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
//Nacht

I thought stereotype comes with the package of being goth. I mean, you're labeling yourself, yeah?
//Nacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
Graveyard.Crow

You don't have to be goth to be stereotyped. You just have to stand out in ANY way. Being black,Asian, foreign calls for stereotypes as well, goth or not.
Anyway. The girl who didn't want to sit next to you in a big drama queen. Oh well.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by //Nacht
I thought stereotype comes with the package of being goth. I mean, you're labeling yourself, yeah?
Well, if you dress goth you are certainly inviting attention, and you should be prepared to deal with it. It's not fair, but life isn't fair.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
MaverickZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
Well, if you dress goth you are certainly inviting attention, and you should be prepared to deal with it. It's not fair, but life isn't fair.
I got asked why do I dress this way, to which I replied, I'm comfortable. I got asked immediately afterwards where I got the style from, because he's never seen it before. I told him I assumed it was big in Europe before it came here, but I just like the clothing. Then he proceeded to imply that I was gay, referring to a district in Toronto, and I just told him it's more industrial, in my opinion.

I don't care what people have to say to me, it's just funny what some people string together.
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Mmmm I'm actually surprised that people
A mouse! in the art building!! Awwwww it's soooo cute!!
don't come up to me and ask me things like "do you eat babies" and stuff. My university is so normal it's almost going out the other side. As I said somewhere else, I do get the usual affronted/astonished stares, but.... I haven't been asked if I'm a Satanist or a lesbian or suicidal or anything. :\ I guess I'm lucky...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
These are very good responses. Thanks! I'll try to ignore people, but it can be hard.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #10
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
I am stereotyped SO much!!!!!!!!!! This girl at my school aske dthe teacher if she could not sit beside me in class (we're assigned seats like were in Kindergarten or something XD) because I'm obsessed with death, blood, and pain. Not true. I try to find beauty in them, but I hate pain and I don't want to die yet. Plus, my friends Mom won't let me come over because she thinks I'm into Satanism. Now my friend always has to come over to my house. Has anyone experienced heavy sterotyping before? I handle it pretty well though.
When faced with questions such as " are you a satanist ? " "Do you eat kittens for the hell of it ? " Ect ect...simply reply " No, do you? " Then walk away, do not wait for a reply, just walk . Quite simple.

Should someone say something along the lines of " you look like a fucking freak " say something like " Do you really think so? " If their reply is yes, simply say " Good for you goodbye " and.....walk away. Or move away , whichever you prefer.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
All I did today was explain all the detailed sensations involved with getting tazed and I freaked this one guy out. You see my school has a fun little program where in the spring if you're 18 you can voulenteer to be tazed and end up on a national registry for it (I myself can't wait for this spring since I can finaly do it).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #12
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I'd be interested in being tazed just to see what it's like... But I don't think they have such a program in Canada.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
All I did today was explain all the detailed sensations involved with getting tazed and I freaked this one guy out. You see my school has a fun little program where in the spring if you're 18 you can voulenteer to be tazed and end up on a national registry for it (I myself can't wait for this spring since I can finaly do it).
That is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #14
Graveyard.Crow

Ophelia strikes again.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
That is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard.
To be fair there are perks to it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Ophelia strikes again.
Crow, did you want to actually contribute to anything, or just make little asinine quips?

Anyway, I do think that that activity is extremely stupid, because the long-term effects of TASERs are not fully understood, but are thought to cause permanent muscle and nerve damage. Not only that, but they're being petitioned to be banned, even in the police force.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #17
MollyMac

Hell, the short term effects are greatly underestimated.

But, hey, sign up. It helps cull the herd.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #18
Graveyard.Crow

LOL. HAHAHAHAH! you're funny...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #19
MollyMac

Funny? Yep.

Right? Yep.

Truth beats fiction, and you know it...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

I missed you, Molly.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #21
Uncle Smoov

This one time I was in morality class with my hands folded unless I raised my right hand to correctly answer a question or add something significant to the discussion. I took a short break from my hand-folding to polish my halo when Sister Scary Scar-garet threw me out of class and told the principle that I was threatening her with a satanically sharp-edged halo. I was chained and gagged and a team of exorcism experts tased me with a cross. I screamed through my nose and one of them asked whose funeral I was going to because of how I was dressed. I tried to tell them that it was his own funeral that I'd be attending through the gag, but he just laughed and said, "Oh, YOURS? Yeah, you're right." Then he bludgeoned me over the head with a huge spiked crosier. The best thing to do is just ignore people like that. Being heckled comes with the job.
Uncle Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #22
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
To be fair there are perks to it.
What exactly makes up for nerve damage?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #23
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
What exactly makes up for nerve damage?
Product-free hair teasing?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #24
KontanKarite

Your mom makes up for nerve damage. :-/

Wait... what?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:38 PM   #25
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
Product-free hair teasing?
If only I had enough hair for that to be effective.