Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
Gothic Piano

Vampire

Hey! Does anyone here know a good House of Vampires. I tired to sign up for one and it kept saying I didn't fill out something. *sigh*rolling my eyes* If anyone know a good house let me know!
Gothic Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
Lolly PopMuzik

Lolly senses tingling...Must not give in to the urge to bust out laughing.

For serious:
"Stay away from "vampire" clubs. Most of these people have actually convinced themselves that they are real vampires. They are uniformly pathetic."

TL;DR version: No, you can not has hampires especially if you are serious about it. :P
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
gothicusmaximus

Given the telltale "Y" in Gothic Piano's custom title, I fear we may be too late in whatever attempt we perpetrate to rescue her from the coils of sad delusion.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
Delkaetre

Maybe we're exceptionally lucky and s/he just wants to find a local group running White Wolf games? In which case, google it, find your local, email the GM to see if s/he will accept a new player.
If GP wants to join a group of people who discuss vampire books and movies and like an excuse to wear capes, GP should look for a local Vampire Group. London, UK has three- and almost none of the members think they're vampires, they just like the aesthetic and the literature.
If GP thinks that GP is a Vampyre and wants to find other Vampyres, GP's best bet is to find a suitable forum somewhere and talk to other, equally deluded individuals. These people can probably find a group that's reasonably local to GP.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
Gothic Piano

Fyi

For those that laughed: I do belive in the vampiric RELIGION. It's an actrual religion that has to do with exchanging engery. It's acraully not all about sucking ones blood. It has a lot to do with my Wiccan religion, instead of getting the energy from the Earth, you're getting it from an other individual.

Then, there is role playing. I personally don't understand "role playing", and I think that's what two of you were talking about.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
Delkaetre

GP- You'll want to keep things like this to yourself in future. The boardmembers aren't overly tolerant of people who claim vampirism as a way of life or religion, or claim to be 340 and drink blood or whatever.
For this kind of thing you want a vampire forum, not a goth forum. Please don't confuse them in future, not even if you think energy vampirism is somehow different and won't be mocked here.
I'm not sure how you can understand your 'religion' and not understand role playing games like Masquerade. The games stimulate the imagination and encourage tactical thinking, but I'm not sure what your 'religion' can do for you.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
Duane

Sounds pretty cool, getting energy from another person.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
Methadrine

Umm, you don't think people would laugh at a 'vampiric religion' which takes 'energy' from another individual too?

Ah, Humanity. It amuses me immensely sometimes.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
ApothoKeri

I saw that halloween special on that on TV. Those people seemed more like people into trying to be psychics than vampires, IMO. They called themselves vampires who didn't drink blood *boggle*...perhaps this is the new politically correct, disease feared out thing to do I don't really know. But my point is, even though they were wearing capes and such I think you may be better off looking for people among the mind reading, psychic community type of thing, not really the role play world. That's the impression I got anyway. Whatever it is, I don't think you will find it here. This is a place to chat about music, literature, fashion, etc.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #10
Gothic Piano

Sorry to bring it up. Well, since it IS a gothic website, I thought the poeple would be a little bit more open minded, that's all. Props to Duane who DOES have an open mind.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:31 PM   #11
nosunshine

Dont walk in the light is all im gonna say
nosunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #12
Delkaetre

GP, this just isn't the right forum for it.
We can be open minded about a lot of things, and I have friends from a lot of strange religions and pagan variants, but this is not the place for 'vampire' talk. GNet's about literature, music and a bit of chat. Insinuating that we're all close-minded won't win friends.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
silverbaal

I'm not into the vamp thing, but to each his own. I have nothing against you. I have seen some online houses on Yahoo Groups. You should check them out. Go to Yahoo(that search engine with five letters in it case it gets edited out), assuming you have a yahoo account, uhmm, then, go to Groups, and search for "vampire" "Vampirism" "Vampyrism" and join a group. They can help you. They have resources for links.

Good luck.

I took the warm little body in my hands, kissed the smooth face, caressed the long hair, - then strangled him and buried his body under a mountain of corpses waiting to be cremated.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #14
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Piano
Some twitch inducing stuff about hampires and wiccans going hand in hand
Having an open mind =/= Enduring deluded nonsense with a blithe black/blood red lipped smile out of pity. Maybe you want to look some more into Wicca with titles that DON'T have goth or teen in the title?
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #15
Godslayer Jillian

Goths really are very open minded, but there are some things that accepting them doesn't make you open minded, it just makes you politically squeamish. Please don't confuse the two.
This is what many people are looking for, and will actually find it more in the mainstream:
- I believe the world is the playball of a giant three headed Schnauzer
- That's fuckin' stupid...
- It's my religion
- ...and I respect that.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #16
Breathless Horror

Haha, so very true Jillian, so very true.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #17
Metabolik

XD I fucking laughed my ass off at that...Jillian's post, not your whole vampire thing...which I respect...
Old 12-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #18
gothicusmaximus

I have difficulty respecting religions whose followers claim superpowers.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #19
badteccy

God, vampires are so gay.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #20
Gothic Piano

Well, I know what I WON'T do again! Geez! Oh, and you don't think christians don't do some kind of power? We get our power from a god just like them, *rolling my eyes*, just in a different way.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #21
badteccy

LOL!
Powers.....
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #22
Gothic Piano

Lol! You can laugh all you want, but when your ass catches on fire and there's no fire anywere near where your standing, I'm goint to laugh so hard! Plus, I didn't even say that I WAS a vampire. I'm mostly just interested in it, not REALY wanting to become one. GEEZ!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:07 PM   #23
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
GP- You'll want to keep things like this to yourself in future. The boardmembers aren't overly tolerant of people who claim vampirism as a way of life or religion, or claim to be 340 and drink blood or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Piano
Oh, and you don't think christians don't do some kind of power? We get our power from a god just like them, *rolling my eyes*, just in a different way...

Lol! You can laugh all you want, but when your ass catches on fire and there's no fire anywere near where your standing, I'm goint to laugh so hard!
Like a moth to the flame. Aaaah it reminds me of the days. I once had a dragon threaten to bite my head off.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #24
Gothic Piano

That's funny! LOL! It's sad when you laugh at something someone said when they're talking about you. I must iether be drunk or in a very good mood. Stupid classical music!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #25
gothicusmaximus

I don't respect christians who claim powers either.