Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
MariusCesar

Life Progression...

This is basically a rant to all those born with silver spoons in their mouths. I may not be high classed, but I am still human. And it sucks to see a few of my friends progress through life by connections, looks, favoritism, and money rather than talent. And to look at me a whole lot different since I have came into this subculture we call Goth. So this is dedicated to those who have been assaulting me and the goth community as a whole mentally, emotionally, and physically by those high class Norm assholes. We all have different lifestyles. And we are all not conservative.

I usually try not to justify anything from you all cause I take my life as lightly as I can, but I just can't help myself. Obtuse know-it-alls like yourselves deserve to be put in their place on occasion, and who am I, with my silver tongue and polished with, if I don't oblige the community and hand you your ass?

I would ask, "Why are you assaulting me? What did I ever do to you?" but honestly I don't give a rat's ass. From here on out, unless you give me a reason to think otherwise, you register waaaaaay down here (visualize me hunping the floor) on my Importance Meter. The needle is in the negative.

I'm not impressed by you. And it's not becuase you haven't done anything impressive. I'm sure you ahve. It's just that I have personally achieved a level of Empathy Imeptness that can only be taught through clinical hypnosis or by molesting conventional medicine. You Real Life accomplishments, while quite likely exceed mine by a gaping chasm of disparity, equate to as much as that little drop of piss on my palm after I squeeze a toad. Mmkay?

You expect me to swing from your nuts becuase you were have a progressive life better than mine? I'm an adult, not some wide-eyed kid who salivates at your failed attempt to show off your real life accomplishments such as having a Beamer or your own 2 story home. I love what I am, I love my <Whatever how much you earn> job. I have a roof over my head and food to eat. That's all that matters as far as my priorities.

Now it's your turn. You can put on the gloves and batter me around. You can be the biggest ePeen Pugilist on the block. Is that what you want? To remind everyone how successful you are and that being a dick is acceptable as long as you are successful?

I'm afraid that if I explain any more to you about the way things work, I might gimp you for life. I'll do you a favor and let you figure the rest out on your own. I hope you feel better about yourself now. This thread will do nothing but remind other people how woefully selfish and obtuse other conservative bitches can be.

I try to be a person who isn't above constructive criticism and I try not to shun suggestions, but we all know that it's hard to accept a critique from someone you don't know or have ever met, especially under the guise of cynicism and slander.

Thank you.... cough* cough* I needed to vent that out.

Marius
MariusCesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
Hopeless_Joe

classism is worse than racism.

i feel your pain.
Hopeless_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
††BlackRose††

I know there are those in my school too who since their mommies and daddies have a fat wallet suddenly think that they are better than the others. I hate that. I don't think there has ever been a rich and unpopular person. I suppose this sort of thing has been going on since the beginning of time. Its something we cannot change. But yes, it does suck ass.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
:: applauds ::

Well said. I hope it brings you comfort to know that the well off have problems too, and usually on a much larger scale (the bigger they are the harder they fall).

Anyone who thinks being a snob is "winning" in some way has only been blessed with two brain cells. Connecting with people regardless of class or socioeconomic status is very rewarding, enlightening, and contributes to social harmony and peace.

The coolest thing about being blessed with material things is not the things themselves, but giving it away to others and making them happy.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
KontanKarite

ACTUALLY, I agree, but on the other hand... WHY are you venting so much about the meanness of the rich? So bloody what? MAYBE they just don't like you. They don't have to be your friend.

Other than that, I have empathy with you, dude. I myself find myself happy to know that it takes just a little imagination, creativity, and friends/family to make me happy.

You're a part of a subculture, you are you and most people will not know your passion or how wonderful everything can be to you.

*shrugs* It is what it is, man.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
killer_asian_Dax

I've decided not to completely respond to the thread starter's topic and I'll just say that portions of his rant offended me greatly.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_asian_Dax
I've decided not to completely respond to the thread starter's topic and I'll just say that portions of his rant offended me greatly.
I agree with you.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #8
Solumina

You know what I hate? People who assume that all rich kids are preps who look down on others. I never wanted for anything in my life. I got a two credit cards when I turned 16 (one was my own and was to be used for gas, food, and any clothing that I wanted and my parents approved of the other was tied to my father's account and was for emergencies, bother were paid off by my parents) on top of this I was given money for movies and my parents paid for weekly riding lessons (once I was old enough they bought me tack and leased a horse). I grew up in a house with 20 acres that at the moment has an estimated value of about $1.5 million (my mother was thinking about selling a few months ago but decided that she wanted to stay there for at least a few more years) and we have a beach house in the outer banks of North Carolina. I drive a 2003 Subaru that was paid for by my mother. Neither I nor my brother ever had to worry about paying for university because we knew that our parent had set aside more then enough for us to go to any state school and would be able to help us if we wanted to go someplace else. I have spent a month in Greece and gone on multiple vacations inside and out of the country.

To put it simply, I grew up in a wealthy family.

I am not a snob. My life has not been dictated by money. My parents gave my brother and I many great opportunities but they also made sure that we knew how lucky we were. We were always taught that not all of our friends had the same opportunities that we had but that it didn't make us any better. We both chose to become volunteers (I was extremely active in sexual violence prevention and my brother was equally active in youth sports). We are both politically active and vote for what benefits our community, not just what is best for us. And I have never looked down on someone simply because they were not as fortunate as I am.

So please don't lump a whole group together just because you know some pricks.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

I was born 'with a silver spoon in my mouth'.
I never considered myself better for it. I do consider myself better than most people, but never because of my social status.
I am upperclass and I am goth and I am anarchist and I support the Zapatistas and I am antiwar and I try to separate myself from consumerism as much as I can and I am an ambientalist and I am in love with freegans.
Why are you being so classicist?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
Delkaetre

I come from a pretty well off background as well, I'm afraid.
I understand your rant. I have dealt with elitist prigs in school and in society. But we're not all like that. They treat their money as their leg up, I treat what I have as my way of helping my friends. I can't always offer a place to stay or a good party, I can't DJ or play guitar or do tattoos, but I can help them get home safely by helping pay for a taxi, or bring a bottle or two of drink to a houseparty when the host can't afford it. If you're willing to treat it that way, money becomes just another commodity, like food or drink or transport.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #11
dark_dragon_of_ice

I come from a well of family but the give me no money..people just assume I can buy whatever I want..
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
Godslayer Jillian

I hope people understand that the point we're trying to make is that money doesn't matter where, well, well money doesn't matter!
Many high class people are pricks because they believe their economic status is important. Poor people that also care about social status are not much better.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #13
bleedingheart344

I come from a family where you can get what you want, but you have to also keep track of spending. I don't take advantage of that because I learned quite some time ago that material things don't bring me any happiness and, in turn, began to bring myself happiness by educating myself in various subjects. And, like what has been said, even the well off have their problems.
And I must ask, what is it solving by acting like you're better than the rich people whom you assume think they are better than you?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:16 AM   #14
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless_Joe

i feel your pain.
How is it worse? They're interrelated anyway.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:13 AM   #15
killer_asian_Dax

They're related in that they are both discriminatory. DUH!!!!!

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #16
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I can agree, and disagree with this.

Yes, some of those who are richer than other do treat those "under them" like shit. But others are caring and don't act any differently than those without money. I know I come from a family that is pretty well of in most ways. I share my money. I give it out.

And yet some of those without money treat everyone like they're under them. They lie, cheat, and backstab just to get somewhere in life.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless_Joe

i feel your pain.
Oh, it is, is it?

Therefore, this topic is a discrimination worse than racism.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #18
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I don't believe it's worse than hating people for something they can't control.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #19
Apathy's_Child

It's the same! That's the point.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #20
KontanKarite

Classism goes both ways.

I've yet to actually SEE it from the rich. I usually scare the rich. But I can't blame them. I do however, find that sometimes, the opinions that the poor have on the rich is usually wrong and are usually sweeping generalizations.

For example, the "big names" in the Louisville goth scene gave me shit for being a fan of Cruxshadows and the main reason as to why is because Rogue is from the Dupont family.

Apparently, you can't be goth or punk if you don't know what being poor and struggling is.

My argument on that of course, is that art and inspiration does not know class.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #21
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
It's the same! That's the point.
Don't mind CCT, she's a moron.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #22
††BlackRose††

You got to feel sorry for the extremely rich though. They will never understand the value of money properly. I do not speak for everyone who is rich, but for those who get every single thing that they want without having to earn it. :P
Old 12-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

Actually I see it the opposite. The post-materialist high class are some of the only ones that see money for what it's worth: absolutely nothing.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-16-2007, 11:34 PM   #24
Graveyard.Crow

I see your point.
I actually wish the money system would change to something else. I am not offering a better way, but I believe the money system as it is will be our downfall.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #25
KontanKarite

What skill do you have to offer that I would offer my skills in return for?

If money was to be out, what would you have to offer?