Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Expert Burglar

I am now an expert at breaking into homes, mainly my own home. My mother is working by the time I can get home from school I can understand that, I need a key to get into the house I understand that, I need to break into my house in order to get to the keyhole I don't understand that. My home's front door consists of two parts the door with lock/keyhole and in front of that a glass storm door with lock/keyhole (KEY SOLD SEPARATELY!!). The bad news is my mother has the damnable habbit of locking the storm door, so at least once a month I break into my house.

My house consists of 6 windows that are easy to break into, three ground level, one at the level of my head on the main floor, and two on the second floor. It starts with me being forced to check the windows to see if any are unlocked which they used to be alot of the time hopefuly on the ground level, then I have to cut/break the screen in front of it, slide with my fingertips the window open, push the screen in and follow through closing the window behind me. Eventualy the ground level windows started staying locked more often. So I was forced to go to the first floor window which is right above the kitchen sink so I have to find somthing to stand on to get me a chance at getting in, then after doing all the things I have to do on the ground level window, lift myself up through the windowsill go on the counter to the side of the sink because the sink is too slippery and then get down and close the window.

Then things went alright for awhile, before getting worse during the coldest time of the year when 30 mins outside means frostbite. So I look around walking through the snow in my shoes that are filled with it, ground level windows locked, first floor windows locked. So I remembered that my bedroom window (on the second floor) is unlocked, so I have to run around from neighbor's house to neighbor's house to see if one that is home has a ladder, then I end up having to carry the cold steel ladder through the freezing cold snow and wind to my window so I can climb up, cut the screen, open the freezing cold slightly frozen shut window with my finger tips, lift myself over the window sill into my bedroom,and close the window. Now that I think of it I think I had the unfortunate luck of wearing shorts that day too.

The only reason I got in today at all is because one of the piston like things that holds the door open has come unscrewed recently making it possible to open the door even when it is locked.

I think I'll just have to ask my parents to get me a Garage door opener, because I cannot rely on my mother to not lock the storm door when the weather outside is worst.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Kanedawg

That's a raw deal. Maybe you should let your mom read this.
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
Renatus

She knows all of that up to today's incident and the garage opener idea, which I thought up just today.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 01-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
Kanedawg

Sorry to hear that. That's pretty terrible.
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
Dark Clarissa

Bugger! That's just not good :-(
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #6
Renatus

She means well it's just she leaves in a rush usualy, and forgets somthing, usualy the door.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
Breathless Horror

I have much the same problem some days. It once got to the point where, one summer, I left a butter knife outside to aid in the prying of the windows.

Much sympathy, I know how much of a pain in the ass being locked out is.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
Valerius

There's a moral to this story.

Always keep winter clothes in your backpack.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote