Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
Tam Li Hua

Gothic Wedding..?

Per conversation in a separate thread, I became curious about what one's Gothic Wedding would look like.

Of course everyone's would be different, but I think I'd want mine in a dark Victorian style: slow, spooky classical music, candles instead of electric lights in an ancient abandoned cathedral or castle. I haven't figured out the more specific details of what it would look like, so I'd like to know what you would have if you could have a Gothic wedding.
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
ApothoKeri

A violinist.

A black dress, taffeta or velvet.

Candlelight everywhere.

Dark red roses all around...I never cared much for black roses but perhaps I would throw in a few black tulips.

In the dead of winter with a thick blanket of snow outside.

A red cake with dark icing.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothoKeri
A violinist.

A black dress, taffeta or velvet.

Candlelight everywhere.

Dark red roses all around...I never cared much for black roses but perhaps I would throw in a few black tulips.

In the dead of winter with a thick blanket of snow outside.

A red cake with dark icing.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Sounds cool. I didnt' even think of a cake! lol
Old 01-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
Solumina

Gothic wedding need a gothic setting so pick an old building, or better yet the ruins from an old building. I know exactly where I want my wedding to be. About a mile from my house there used to be mill in what is now just forest, about 1/3 or so of the stone walls are still standing and they are all overgrown with ivy, it really is just a lovely location *sighs and daydreams about wedding
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Bella Sophia

What would mine look like? Well, I know this is silly, but how would a wedding in a European gothic castle look? I don't know what music I would play, though. Jokingly, I thought I'd play some gothic rock there and scare the shit out of everyone (after all, am the only goth in my family). Then, I thought of Helena. I know MCR is not goth, and I don't really like them, but I admit that I do like their video for Helena. But then I thought, "No, that's how I'm going to do my funeral."
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
What would mine look like? Well, I know this is silly, but how would a wedding in a European gothic castle look? I don't know what music I would play, though. Jokingly, I thought I'd play some gothic rock there and scare the shit out of everyone (after all, am the only goth in my family). Then, I thought of Helena. I know MCR is not goth, and I don't really like them, but I admit that I do like their video for Helena. But then I thought, "No, that's how I'm going to do my funeral."
Heh heh. It -is- more of a funeral dirge than a wedding song. With all the songs out there about fatal attraction, it shouldn't be too hard to find something.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Heh heh. It -is- more of a funeral dirge than a wedding song. With all the songs out there about fatal attraction, it shouldn't be too hard to find something.
Haha, I suppose you're right. Oh, I know! I should totally play some Cranes at my wedding. It may in fact shock the crowd less than Sanity Assassin, lol.
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
An Eccentric Cellist

My dream handfasting, though not "Gothic", is quite fun.
The Garden of the Gods at sunset, in early(?) summer. A corset and skirt combo except one is black and the other is white. The white outfit would be worn with a gold and turquoise tiara and ring. The black outfit would have silver and pearl tiara and ring.
There would be two bouquets of white lillies, marigolds and violets.
There would, of course, be candles, and as it got darker, a fire.
My related family wouldn't be invited, but my friend family would be. There would be a party with much drinking and laughing and many innuendos. The food would be amazing everything from sushi to stew because among us we can make all that.
I don't know what to do about the cord.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:32 AM   #9
TopHaggardDoll

I have never thought about my wedding because i've never thought about getting married.

If I got married it'd be a civil partnership in a pub, then we'd be like....well done! we're married!...pint?

That's how i'm imagining it in my head right, which is strange because i'm quite a romantic person. Maybe it's my apathy toward the concept of marriage.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:23 AM   #10
weepingblood

I would have a dark red wedding dress trimmed in black lace.. and a black iced cake lol..
weepingblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
redbamboo

i wish i could wear black on my wedding...[if anyone makes the horrible mistake of marrying me. ^_^] but 98% of my family is catholic and i just wonder what they would assume if im not wearing white =/. ApothoKeri i love that idea that would be my idea of a nice setting as well
redbamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #12
DeathToLems

cakes
http://budgetdreamweddings.com/weddi...rides-cake.JPG

dress
http://www.maxenjoy.com/images/gothic-wedding-dress.jpg

glasses
http://www.dragonsfire.co.uk/NEM2212.jpg

cake top
http://www.apictureperfectwedding.co...ide_Topper.jpg

engagement ring
http://www.gothicdarling.com/wedding/gothic-ring.jpg

wedding favours
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...dyburgandy.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...g/DSCN0079.jpg

Someone stop me before I kill the bandwidth!!!

So many new ideas! How could I forget to look on the internets (my only reliable friend) for ideas of my own wedding.
Altho im sure my bf's mum wont aprove of the gothic style of the wedding. Pah!
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #13
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbamboo
i wish i could wear black on my wedding...[if anyone makes the horrible mistake of marrying me. ^_^] but 98% of my family is catholic and i just wonder what they would assume if im not wearing white =/. ApothoKeri i love that idea that would be my idea of a nice setting as well
I'm of the strong opinion that the wedding should be what the bride and groom want, and not their families.

It's your wedding, and you should do what you want.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
Cen0bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I'm of the strong opinion that the wedding should be what the bride and groom want, and not their families.

It's your wedding, and you should do what you want.
Agreed!

And, kinda off topic, but, did anyone see the pics of Jessica and Rogue's wedding?
they are beautiful!

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:37 AM   #15
gypsie gothic

My wedding dress is on blissfulbridesonline co uk on the gothic vintage and other page number 977. (can't post a url yet as Im still a baby member!)

Got my ring sorted, a red ruby one and flowers are black tulips.

My mums making the cake of black icing with red ribbons. I'll try and post pictures after my big day, May 10th!
gypsie gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
I've been to a goth wedding. It wasn't all that different from a normal wedidng. The groom and bride were dressed in an old victioria gothic fashion and a lot of the guests (goth or not) were dressed goth too. The cake had black and red icing and some dark music was playing, whith no lyrics. But the food was the same, and so was the atmosphere. Most guests were not goth, but dressed up like it, so everyone acted the same too. Oh yeah, and the wedding wa son October 30. It was going to be on the 31st, but Eva has to change it.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
I've been to a goth wedding. It wasn't all that different from a normal wedidng. The groom and bride were dressed in an old victioria gothic fashion and a lot of the guests (goth or not) were dressed goth too. The cake had black and red icing and some dark music was playing, whith no lyrics. But the food was the same, and so was the atmosphere. Most guests were not goth, but dressed up like it, so everyone acted the same too. Oh yeah, and the wedding wa son October 30. It was going to be on the 31st, but Eva has to change it.
That sounds different enough for me.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #18
TwilightWedding

Ah, a wedding! Contrary to my name, I've not had plans for one. However, more than a few ideas popped up when I pondered it, so I'll let you in on those.

I find twilight, or sunset, to be the most picturesque time of the day/night. So, naturally, it would be then. Open, not in a church or ruin. Mmm...now I can see it:

A clear sky, a fading sun just peaking up from the rolling hills. The sky goes from a deep blue to black, and the candles are lit. An open, grassy hillside would be ideal. The setup would be very traditional, minus the walls. Some nice instrumental music would drift about the gathering. A lot of dark colorings, as I'm infatuated with both black and dark blue. Perhaps a bit of purple in the right places. And the cake would be decorated black and blue, to fit the theme. Purple roses would adorn the sides of the cake.
I'm not quite sure how the actual wedding would go, unless I happen to marry a Christian girl. But I refuse for it to be in a church! If not a hillside, then a park.

But, that's all for much later.
TwilightWedding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:12 AM   #19
silverwitch

Hi all
Just the thread for me! I am asking a favour, I know, newbie asks for favour straight off but pretty please!
I make tiaras and I am wanting to add a gothic tiara to my range. I have done a couple of designs but feel that they are too obvious. One has 2 bat outlines in silver wire with black onyx and the other different sized and style crosses. I keep having ideas but none really fire me up.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks and I agree that you should have what you want, the difficulty comes when parents are footing the bill. However you can put in touches that won't offend them and will reflect your style. The gothic dress gypsy gothic referred to is gorgeous but is not in your face gothic and I am sure some people wouldn't notice it was a spiders web and see it just as design.
Some people don't see the obvious unless they are looking for it!
x
silverwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #20
XxBloodyrosexX

DeathToLems! those look so cool! Though I wedding is not close in the future, yeah, No wedding till I'm at least 26 of so, over a decade to go! ^^ to keep my wedding still classic (or yours) you could keep the white dress, just add gothic assesories and mabey have it trimmed in black lace, have a white cake w/ intricate gothic designs and black and red roses, try a corset dress, have your bridesmaids wear blood-crimson dresses w/ black lace. I would imagine an old ruins of a catherdral (it's still a church righ? it counts!) calendras everywhere and little black coffins and crosses!
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #21
sweetdreamr23

I was engaged for a while before I broke up with my fiance but when planning my wedding that never happened I wanted a black dress, Alchemy rings, black sunflowers, etc.
sweetdreamr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #22
TheBloodEternity

Am I the only one who seems to think black at a wedding would be tacky?

I'm planning on white corset and a white hobble skirt, and maybe a shredded white pantyhose shirt.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #23
Tam Li Hua

I think I want my colors to be black and red, with more red than black.

And no, I don't think black for a wedding is tacky. Non-traditional, yes. Tacky, no.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #24
Saya

Married in White, you have chosen right
Married in Grey, you will go far away,
Married in Black, you will wish yourself back,
Married in Red, you will wish yourself dead,
Married in Green, ashamed to be seen,
Married in Blue, you will always be true,
Married in Pearl, you will live in a whirl,
Married in Yellow, ashamed of your fellow,
Married in Brown, you will live in the town,
Married in Pink, you spirit will sink.

I'd stick with white I think, if I get a winter wedding I'll wear a nice red cape with it too ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #25
TheBloodEternity

I would, although, throw something in like a black veil.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote