Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #26
DonnaRicci

Did somebody say cookies? Where?
DonnaRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #27
mortalitas incomitatus

mmmmmmmm......choc chip cookies......

OVER THERE!!!
"the man who won an award for taking the most drugs ever consumed by a human has died. he was attacked by a pack of wolves....he thought he saw."

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #28
mortalitas incomitatus

FIEND magazine rocks.

http://www.fiend-magazine.com/

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:11 AM   #29
OnixxFilth

Yes, I think that Gothic Beauty is aiming to be more of a fashion magazine than one about the culture itself.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:08 PM   #30
MoonReaver

Well,If you care any For Horror punk/deathrock and i supose it has some mentionings about goth music... You could always check out Drop Dead magazine, I believe it was made by polina Who created the Drop Dead festival.
http://dropdeadmagazine.com/ the website
and there myspace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=18478678
MoonReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #31
horrorgirl

I've known about that for quite a while. In fact I was supposed to go to the first one but I had to get surgery. I heard some not too flattering things about how the last one was organized.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #32
Underwater Ophelia

I buy Gothic Beauty magazine mostly because it's the only gothic magazine they sell around here. Sadly most of the bands featured are new and it's FULL of ads.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #33
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
It's not the greatest magazine that I've ever read, but it is by far not the best magazine that I've read either. They had some interesting articles about makeup application. (I'm a makeup junkie, so I salivate whenever I see an article about makeup.) Other than that, the rest of the magazine was sub-par, and I haven't picked up another issue since.
It's not really worth the money.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:23 PM   #34
pixisticks

i think they do a pore job interviewing the bands. like when they entervied chemical romance all i learned was that he had a girl friend that read the mag.
other than that its only good for some decoration ideas.
pixisticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #35
WolfMoon

<3's Geisha!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:39 AM   #36
pink sukkubus

yeah me to.but im not a big fan of mags though .more interesting things to do with my time.
pink sukkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #37
OnixxFilth

I actually like Gothic Beauty. I like to look at the photos of clothing and dream of the day (which is probably never) when I'll be able to afford the clothing featured in it. Plus, it covers lots of great bands like The Birthday Massacre and Velvet Acid Christ!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #38
Darkfeeling

I happened to browse the pages magazine the last time I was in Barnes & Noble. Sure, it had pictures of beautiful gothic women dressed in only the most alluring gothic clothing, but it lacked many things. It was full of ads, which really pisses the magazine reader off, and it’s true, it really is aimed towards the younger audience. It's not my kind of magazine, but I still like the pictures.
Darkfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #39
angleangel_doom

YES! I do that, too.
Only less seriously than you, since you need it more than I.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:28 AM   #40
DemureDemise

I've purchased a few GB magazines and found myself cutting out pictures to make a collage.
DemureDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #41
MissJames

I owned a store that sold vintage & handmade sutff for girls (mostly 15-25 year olds) or so. and yes, I subscribed to the fashion rags (yes, elleGirl, teenVogue, cosmo, glamour, allure, and so-called cutting edge bust, nylon, etc) for research purposes, so I could get a feel for what everyone was buying and the new styles that were on the way. I have a whole binder full of tear sheets and I'd use that while thrifting to see if I could find vintage/retro versions to sell. gothic beauty seems like it's similar to that (I've looked nut never bought) - skip the articles, tear out the pretty pictures, toss the rest or chop it up for some arty collage thing.

now a goth sassy on the other hand... if you're talking about the very early 90s version before it got bought out by the company that put out 'teen or ym or one of those crap mags. that was a great read, and works for tweens to twenties. smart pov, relaxed almost conversational writing, risky fashion and makeup, intelligent articles, and the place where most people learned about zines and underground bands for the first time. go go goth sassy!

oh. and I've never been on a board that threatened death for grammatical errors. yay! but you must forgive my typos, I got a new keyboard and we are not yet very compatible. oh yeah, and I always seem to split infinitives, don't kill me!
MissJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #42
Dead Angel

Ig the british musics magizines are anything to go by, I suggest you publish in britian if ther eare enough goth's ther eto be fashionable, since it's a smaller and more refined market. I also suggest web sales (subscriptions) and some free content from the web to get reader's attention.

Meh... whatever. I just dont' want to see these magazines become ssomewhere the adviuters start demanding on specific content.
Dead Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #43
MissJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Typoes aren't exactly indicative of stupidity... Huge grammatical/spelling errors are. I don't like stupid people.
I am genuinely impressed by the fierce grammar enforcement. it's the most annoying thing on any board - posts that need to be deciphered befoe they make sense, if they do at all. high standards! you're my kind of people.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #44
gruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJames
I am genuinely impressed by the fierce grammar enforcement. it's the most annoying thing on any board - posts that need to be deciphered befoe they make sense, if they do at all. high standards! you're my kind of people.
befoe=Before tee hee hee
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #45
MissJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruel
befoe=Before tee hee hee
oh damn... no fair! I did say I was prone to typos. *pouts
Old 04-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #46
WolfMoon

Quote:
oh. and I've never been on a board that threatened death for grammatical errors. yay! but you must forgive my typos, I got a new keyboard and we are not yet very compatible. oh yeah, and I always seem to split infinitives, don't kill me!
Just keep those infinitives away from me, they sound icky!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #47
Dead Angel

Quote:
To steal a idea from another board..... maybe we shoudl have the Grammer Police as a usergroup? (Wait.. can yyou use USergroups on thsi board?)

If not offically jsut something in sigs. Be nice to know when a grammer nazi is in a thread.
Dead Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #48
Pathogen.

Gothic Beauty? Sorry. I'm more of an oldschool Industrial Nation & Profane Existence magazine reader.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:44 PM   #49
werewolffan98

[quote=GeishaGirl]I've never read Gothic Beauty. Actually, Ii've never really read any gothic magazines. Music, yes, but certainly not Gothic.vDoes anyone have a good recent magazines they can recommend?[endquote]

Well there is Joseph Vargo's Dark Realms and Drop Dead magazine.

does anyone else know of any others?
werewolffan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:52 AM   #50
vanishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
I am not alone in thinking this. I read a rant about it by Donna Ricci, and she is so disgusted by the state of goth magazines that she is starting her own called Goth, which from what I have heard will be more focused on the goth subculture instead of including more mainstream bands,etc..., like Gothic Beauty.She has a lot of resources behind her so let's hope that she can do a better job.
that's awesome, and i agree that "gothic beauty" sucks

the only thing worse than gothic beauty is suicide girls.
vanishing is offline   Reply With Quote