Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #2901
Virulent Dryad

Whatever all that is, I don't live in the US so chances are it's of little use to me. Thanks though.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 05-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #2902
Virulent Dryad

Oh, well there wasn't supposed to be self-defeatism in my rant, that certainly wasn't what I was aiming for and I apologise if it seemed that way. It's just weird when all your friends come from normal families anyway, it doesn't matter too much, I'm not trying to get sympathy here.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 05-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #2903
DrenchedInGin

Ranty whinge to my boss

To my soon-to-be-ex boss,

I am leaving this company shortly for greener pastures, but your petty and irritating behaviour towards me since I announced my resignation is only making me grateful that I will soon be leaving you, with your selective deafness and your tendency to pull rank to lay blame for your own mistakes on others. I've had quite enough of counselling your staff through the emotional rubbish you keep laying on them, and I'm completely over finding myself the butt of your inappropriate behaviour.

Your clean-living herbal-tea-drinking scuba-diving squeaky cleanliness is apparently only a cover for your wicked habits of 'not hearing' things when it suits you, or 'not recieving' emails in spite of your surgical attachment to your Blackberry, and your insistence that you never, ever make any mistakes whatsoever and anything that goes wrong is automatically the fault of your staff, no matter what evidence exists to the contrary.

Somewhere, hidden in the attic of your childhood home, no doubt, there surely lurks a hideous portrait of you, bearing the marks of all the pettiness, casual nastiness and lack of courtesy you try so hard to disguise from the managers you constantly suck up to.

May your loving parents find the portrait, declare it to be 'unusual and arty' and hang it over the mantlepiece for you and your boyfriend to discover during your next holidays.

May your sodding Blackberry spontaneously come to life, aquire a soul and start loudly berating you whenever you attempt to hang any of your failings on a staff member.

May you wake up tomorrow morning to discover yourself the proud new owner of your first ever Conscience, and spend the next five years in agonies of guilt over all of the sorrow and stress you've spread in your 'professional' life.

May your tongue eventually learn how to pronounce the words 'please', 'thank you' and 'I apologise', and gang up against you with your new-found Conscience.

When next you go scuba-diving, may you suddenly develop the suspicion that all the sea-turtles are laughing at you behind your back.

May you bump into the coral and rip a hole in the arse of your wetsuit and not realise it until later that evening when everybody has had a good giggle about it.

May herbal tea suddenly develop immense calories so you burst out of all your I'm-so-sodding-professional clothes, you hypocrite.

May your office chair develop an irritating squeak, your monitor develop annoying horizontal lines, and may you break a nail on the photocopier.

And most of all... may you get the maximum appreciation out of the fact that I will shortly be providing an exit interview to the human resources manager, during which I will be very, very honest, and that this interview will be entered onto the permanent records of the organisation and sent to all of your managers.

Welcome to reality, dear soon-to-be-ex boss.

[Okay, I feel a bit better now...]
Old 05-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #2904
DrenchedInGin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Wow-- that's an amazingly eloquent "fuck you".
Thank you - and beautifully summarised!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #2905
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virulent Dryad
Oh, well there wasn't supposed to be self-defeatism in my rant, that certainly wasn't what I was aiming for and I apologise if it seemed that way. It's just weird when all your friends come from normal families anyway, it doesn't matter too much, I'm not trying to get sympathy here.

I guarantee you, ALL of your friends come from fucked up familes too. I hate to say this because it's blantantly hypocritical but, get the fuck over it and grow up. Your no minority in this situation sweetheart.. I'll bet every last person in here has "crappy parent" stories, but we don't dwell because it should have little baring on our own individual choices. Remeber the pain and bring it with you to help you make better decisions in life, but don't whine about it like it's news to anyone... we all ready know.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #2906
Virulent Dryad

You're absolutely right. I just needed to vent anyway.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #2907
spookypurple

DrenchedInGin: I love the eloquence. That should be on a greetings card.

Hamlet
Old 05-19-2006, 12:50 PM   #2908
Virulent Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
For my part, I get a little pissy when I see that mentality. Seen too many too often just give the fuck up, and not just in a railroad tracks down the arms way, but in an even more apathetic living-dead way. One could wish they would just end their miserable existence, then the rest of us could mourn and move the fuck on, eh? Point is, it really is as bad as all that, life is an eternal pain-machine, but we don’t want to hear whiny pissy moaning in the room next to ours. We want to hear some spit-in-the-fucking-eye defiance, we want to hear the tormented laugh hysterically, “THAT’S ALL YOU GOT PUSSY? BRING IT MOTHER FUCKER, BRING YOUR WORST!”

And over in the next room the rest of us gain a little hope. If you can take it, then by Bob, the rest of us can suffer through too! BRING IT MOTHER FUCKER MWHAHAHAHAHAHAH *SPITS* HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW, BITCH!

*backs away slowly*

I have to admit, I do admire the attitude.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #2909
An Eccentric Cellist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
For my part, I get a little pissy when I see that mentality. Seen too many too often just give the fuck up, and not just in a railroad tracks down the arms way, but in an even more apathetic living-dead way. One could wish they would just end their miserable existence, then the rest of us could mourn and move the fuck on, eh? Point is, it really is as bad as all that, life is an eternal pain-machine, but we don’t want to hear whiny pissy moaning in the room next to ours. We want to hear some spit-in-the-fucking-eye defiance, we want to hear the tormented laugh hysterically, “THAT’S ALL YOU GOT PUSSY? BRING IT MOTHER FUCKER, BRING YOUR WORST!”

And over in the next room the rest of us gain a little hope. If you can take it, then by Bob, the rest of us can suffer through too! BRING IT MOTHER FUCKER MWHAHAHAHAHAHAH *SPITS* HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW, BITCH!
Wow... *looks at TStone in awe* The metaphor was brilliant.

DrenchedInGin~ The eloquence of that rant makes it more like angry literature than a rant. Does that make sense?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #2910
spookypurple

It's a darn good point, though. I've met a lot of people who use what has happened to them as an excuse for (sorry to say this) being losers. "Oh this happened to me, that happened to me... Don't be mean to me, I can't help it." Well, anybody can do that. You can choose (well, most can, I guess).

Take whatever it is, screw it up, throw it in the bin and move on (it can be done!). Let it make you stronger. Let it give you the fire to get the hell through life.

Or sit back. Let it be what you hide behind for the rest of your life.

Now if that upsets anyone, well, there's always somebody to get upset. But believe me, it's possible to move on. It's possible. And just 'cause others don't go on about it, don't think others haven't been through it. Don't just talk. Ask.

Hamlet
Old 05-20-2006, 02:54 AM   #2911
Demonista_Ravenesque

Here's the rant.

I don't know what the hell's happening anymore, my week has been nothing more than a blur of colours and loud trance music and I don't remember anything significant, I only have this weirdish bruise this on my neck and I don't know how I got it.

After having this odd week, I just find out one of my friends has been lying to me all this time.

*sigh* </3

Screw you asshole. What a way to make my week even worse, it's bad because I'll probably remember this unlike the other stuff I've forgotten.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 05-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #2912
edible_eye

i was engaged in an ebay battle with someone earlier today.

out of the blue, someone else, who was obviously watching, plotting and evaluating our battle, jumped in at the bell and won the prize.

fucker.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #2913
edible_eye

seems i've been stripped of my 'moderator' status.

c'est la vie.

it's for the best, really. someone with real time and an inclination to patrol for the site should fill that role anyway.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #2914
Demonista_Ravenesque

E_E, no longer a moderator?

Awww....could my week get any weirder?

Old 05-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #2915
edible_eye

i'm truly sorry any scrap of negativity has entered your life, little darlin'. you're much too precious to have to deal with that.

as far as my moderator thing - don't sweat it. someone else will wear those shoes and will likely be around much more often to kick troll ass with them. it's evolution at its finest.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #2916
Demonista_Ravenesque

Mr Edible.

Where have you been lately sir?

Old 05-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #2917
edible_eye

same place i'm heading back to - a fantasy world where i'm doing my damndest to transcribe everything i see, hear, feel and sense.

and i like that you call me sir. such a polite youngin', you are.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #2918
spookypurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye

as far as my moderator thing - don't sweat it. someone else will wear those shoes and will likely be around much more often to kick troll ass with them. it's evolution at its finest.

....But I used to enjoy thinking of you troll-stomping.

:sniff:

Hamlet
Old 05-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #2919
edible_eye

we'll always have the memories, beautiful woman.

no one can take them away.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #2920
spookypurple

Ah... 'tis true....

:sigh:

Hamlet
Old 05-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #2921
edible_eye

ok, here's a worry i need to get off my chest -

i like my job. a lot.

i work as an RN in a psychiatric emergency room and i've been here for a little over 5 years - been in the field for more than 12. yes, i'm an old fuck.

i have a second job that doesn't give me enough hours because it's union and the nurses at the hospital get first pick over me 'cuz i'm per diem, not core. if that doesn't make sense, that just means the full timers have first pick. per diem = when they need me / have a hole in the schedule.

tomorrow, i'm starting another job with the hope of more hours. it'll be the first day of orientation on a residential, adolescent unit. i'm not really looking forward to it, but it's money. these are not good kids. they come from shit parents, have been bred as shit and basically - no one wants these kids. you know the kind i'm talking about - future criminals. period.

anyway, i was also alerted to another job by one of the docs i work with here at my main job and i'm going to meet the director of nursing there next week. that particular job involves a federal prison here in massachusetts, including a psychiatric forensic unit. that job interests me.

the dilemma? i really like my present job and i fear that i will have a decision to make concerning the federal position after touring the place and doing my interview. the prospect of federal benefits is tantalizing. and i can always keep my present job as a second one and quit the other job where i don't get the hours i need.

i'm jumping ahead, i know - but it's only because i need to open my mind to what's available. right?

well, i guess i'll have to see how it goes, won't i, before i can come to terms with anything concrete. ok. time for me to shut the fuck up and stop my whining.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #2922
spookypurple

I've done similar jobs... I take my hat off to you, sir.

I bet you'd be great with the youngsters. Heck, can I be as bold as say (from my gut feeling), that I reckon you'd be great for them.

Whichever way it goes.... Keeping the fingers crossed. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Good luck with the orientation!

Hamlet
Old 05-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #2923
Nardol

"If you have a job you like, you'll never work a day in your life."

-Moose
Old 05-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #2924
spookypurple

Oh, I like that.

(what's your sig?)

Hamlet
Old 05-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #2925
bjork_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardol
"If you have a job you like, you'll never work a day in your life."

-Moose
Whoa...at first I read it as blow job...

Some little shithead in my class put that quote as the first sentence of her essay. The teacher praised her for it, of course she just gloated, and now I know it wasn't hers.
Closed Thread