Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: What age did you first do it
0-10 years old 6 2.61%
11-18 years 112 48.70%
18-25 years 28 12.17%
25 and up years 1 0.43%
Still a Virgin 83 36.09%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #251
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside_Existance
still a virgin... i need to get laid... *hinting someone on this website*

you get to wait a few years late dude. -.-
Old 08-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #252
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
you get to wait a few years late dude. -.-

you suck, you no patience is not my virtue.
Outside_Existance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #253
Alaizabel Cray

I'm still a virgin and damn proud of it. Not that guys are terribly interested in me anyways, haha. Well, the scary ones are. But, obviously, they scare me. And it takes a lot to genuinely scare me.

I always thought losing your virginity when you're younger wasn't a smart decision, but for those of you who did, assuming it was consentual, you obviously thought you were ready for it, which means you were ready to handle any consequences so I'm not gonna give you shit about it (I'm sure about half of you get shit about it anyways). Besides, it's your decision, not mine. But that's just my opinion on the matter.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:11 AM   #254
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
you suck, you no patience is not my virtue.
*does her guidance counselor impression* Hey, bud. No means no. As a witness, I feel it is my duty to defend this girl's rights. *bursts out laughing* Sorry, there's nothing all that funny about this I just love doing my hokey guidance counselor impression.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:12 AM   #255
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
*does her guidance counselor impression* Hey, bud. No means no. As a witness, I feel it is my duty to defend this girl's rights. *bursts out laughing* Sorry, there's nothing all that funny about this I just love doing my hokey guidance counselor impression.
lol, im not pushy about it, im willing to wait, but teasing is always fun.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #256
insertwittyname

Quote:
lol, im not pushy about it, im willing to wait, but teasing is always fun.
apparantly. i'm gonna have to carry a taiser or something when i'm 18. think of all the places i can poke with it!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #257
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
apparantly. i'm gonna have to carry a taiser or something when i'm 18. think of all the places i can poke with it!
when you turn 18, your ass is mine -.-
Old 08-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #258
Solumina

for the recored all of you that lost it when you were really young are not alone; the average age for a person to lose their virginity is 13, and yeah thats kind of icky seeing as many people lose it much older than that so therefore kids are also having sex much younger than that
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #259
Alaizabel Cray

Wow, 13 is the average? I could imagine a lot of people losing it at 13, but that being the average... wow.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #260
Argine

I'm not so sure I believe that the average age to lose it is only 13. Where did you hear this? A quick Google search gave me slightly different information, and nowhere did I see the age 13.

Quote:
What is the average age for losing virginity (for men and women)? (age 16)

About 17 for females and 18 for males.
Quote:
Whether we like it or not, one in four women and nearly a third of men have had sex before they are 16 - the legal age of consent - according to revealing research from the National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles 2000. The study also found that the average age of first time sex has dropped to sixteen, the lowest level on record.
Quote:
The vast majority of people lose their virginity somewhere between the ages of 16 and 20.
Quote:
A 1998 study by Kaiser and YM magazine of 650 13-18-year-olds found that among those who were sexually experienced, the average age of first sexual intercourse was 15. Nearly half said they were pressured before they were ready.
Quote:
The most recent National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles reported that a quarter of women and nearly a third of men have sex before the age of 16. In other words, the vast majority – three-quarters of women and two-thirds of men – do not.
Even though these are likely country specific statistics and the world average may differ - in many countries girls get married at 13 - I somehow doubt that's the established average when I failed to come up with any statistics that agreed with it.
Argine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #261
Corpsey

I've been in a relationship for 5 years now and I'm still a virgin. And I'm quite happy about that; If there's one thing I've learnt all those years being one, it's that people need to stop thinking with their genitals. I mean, yeah, we're hormonally stressed and we've got those bloody animal nitrates pumping round our veins making us go crazy..... but can't we all atleast show some self control? I'm not talking about people loosing it young, but people who are single running around looking to score constantly. I find that sort of physical contact rather meaningless and it'll put you in low esteem after a while.

Ad Belos, I can sympathise with you, I'm sure it would take something out of the whole waiting to get married thing.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #262
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argine
I'm not so sure I believe that the average age to lose it is only 13. Where did you hear this? A quick Google search gave me slightly different information, and nowhere did I see the age 13.
Even though these are likely country specific statistics and the world average may differ - in many countries girls get married at 13 - I somehow doubt that's the established average when I failed to come up with any statistics that agreed with it.
I don't remember where exactly we go the stats from but it was a data base that the dating violence education (we also did quite a bit of sex ed cuz the school system around here doesn't do a very good job of it) group that I was a part of used, I'll try and find it but I don't have a link and all that I remember was that it was from a nonprofit aimed at giving student the real fact about life verses the ones that they are taught in school.

Quote:
Whether we like it or not, one in four women and nearly a third of men have had sex before they are 16
This is actually the statistic of those who are sexually assaulted in the US, not those who are sexually active

I'll go searching for the source when I get home from work
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:11 AM   #263
J.M.Lovechild

Well in Africa girls get married and have sex at a much younger age than in developed countries, and as Africa is such a large and populated continent I would assume that this could greatly influence the average age of the first time.

I'm pretty sure the average age in Britain is around 17 though.
J.M.Lovechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:07 PM   #264
BlackWidow

I wish I had lost my virginity to my husband. That would be perfect. I regret everything I did as a teenager. I was stupid.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #265
Quinny

Haha yes, im very familiar with stupid mistakes. I lost my virginity when i was very intoxicated and 16 (bad mixture). And in a fuckn park for christ sake (dont worry it was at night so no little kids running around) hahaha. But seriously! a park! Cant remeber it very well very well either. Baaaaad mistake. Ive changed now (somewhat)
Quinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:06 AM   #266
Slap Your Love

Everyone here is a virgin..don't you know that? Ha.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:06 AM   #267
Mr_Knuckles

Just a thought, why do people say "lost my virginity". I mean, it's not like you can misplace it right? OMG, my virginity is gone, WHERE DID IT GO?! Better check under the couch. *laugh laugh*

But anyway, I was 15 and it was such a mistake. I had the same girlfriend for 3 years. Then after she cheats on me, I realize I didn't actually like her in the first place. We always argued and such.
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:27 AM   #268
XxDeranged InsanityxX

Im still a virgin...but you didn't hear that from me! haha
XxDeranged InsanityxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #269
BlackWidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Knuckles
Just a thought, why do people say "lost my virginity". I mean, it's not like you can misplace it right? OMG, my virginity is gone, WHERE DID IT GO?! Better check under the couch. *laugh laugh*

But anyway, I was 15 and it was such a mistake. I had the same girlfriend for 3 years. Then after she cheats on me, I realize I didn't actually like her in the first place. We always argued and such.
I'm still laughing.

Anyway. I was 14 and was with my first "love." But I regret it and I hate him with a passion now and wish he would kill himself and get it over with already! I remember it very vividly still. WHY?!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #270
Catch

I was avoiding this thread, but I physically lost my virginity at 15. I was *****. As for the kind of virginity when you give yourself to someone because you love them, it hasn't ever happened.

I feel a littl ebad too, because I was in a long relationship, but it started out when I was too drunk to drive and he ***** me. I stayed with him though, because that's how a lot of my relationships started. I would ask him why he loved me and he would say, "Because you love me." Except, during the years together, never really felt like I actually loved him.

Hoped maybe he would change his mind sometimes and say something different, like, "Because you're are beautiful." or "Because you're my best friend." It never happened.

So now I'm back in the city I was raised in and so idiot think that making the statement that they want to have sex with me is going to somehow lead to sex. Is it any wonder that avoid people?
Old 10-15-2006, 10:30 AM   #271
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
I was avoiding this thread, but I physically lost my virginity at 15. I was *****. As for the kind of virginity when you give yourself to someone because you love them, it hasn't ever happened.
I know what you mean when you use the idea of two different virginities (I was 6 and 24 when I lost mine.) You'll lose your real virginity at some stage.. it'll happen when it happens, and it will probably be emotional, overwhelming and beautiful... as well as a little awkward. [/MUM-STYLE-RANT]

It never happens like it does in the movies. And if sex is that clean and tidy then you are doing it all wrong.

For those that might find it useful... http://www.rainn.org/.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:07 PM   #272
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm still a virgin. I'm in no rush to have sex. I've got lots of other stuff going on in my life the moment, it's not vital to me right now. But I'd rather lose it to someone I love, even if that means I have to wait until I'm married. I'd like it to be special.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #273
DarkHeartedDemoness

I agree, losing your virginity should be a special thing, but (no offense intended to the many people who have responded to this thread) this is kind of a ridiculous topic. Your age is NOT what matters when you lose your virginity. What matters is, was it special? I don't care if you're 16 or 60 when you have sex for the very first time.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #274
roserougesang

Still a virgin and proud of it.
I'm quite the soppy romantic so I want it to be very special. You're only a virgin once so don't spoil the occasion.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #275
Ben Lahnger

It's not really that important whether you are a virgin or not. Our society puts waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much emphasis on that.

But what is important, is that when you do decide to have sex you are doing it for the right reasons. Not because of some pressure you are feeling to not be a virgin anymore so you can cross some so-called bridge to adulthood, but because you have met a lover and you are both into each other and are communicating well and are genuinely interested in each other's well being and pleasure.

Doesn't happen that way often, but it should.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote