Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-19-2006, 05:41 AM   #51
Justmeuk

Oooooo i was scared stupid by michael jacksons thriller as a kid (was only 4) hehe
Justmeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:43 AM   #52
Justmeuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by student
Thriller, the Michael Jackson video. I know its not a film but it scared the shite out of me.
ME TOO!!! i was only 4 and thought it was a film :0
Old 03-19-2006, 05:44 AM   #53
Justmeuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
When I was about seven I stayed home from school sick. I didn't want to, because I was in first grade and loving it, but my mom made me. She tried to make me feel better about it by setting me up a special bed in the family room in front of the TV. She had to go to some appointment, though, and I was asleep, so she left me the remote and a note on a little table by my bed. When I woke up, I turned the TV on for companionship. Guess what was on? They were showing IT. Yeah, that clown movie.

I think I didn't fall asleep again until like midnight that night, despite feeling like total crap.
Clowns freak me out! even now!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:44 AM   #54
gkb

Quote:
Originally Posted by student
Thriller, the Michael Jackson video. I know its not a film but it scared the shite out of me.
Well, I have always found Michael Jackson to be scary. :-)
gkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:35 AM   #55

Agreed, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" scared the shit out of me when I first saw it. So did "The Shining". So did "Ring" (the Japanese version).

"Ju-on" is another scary japanese movie I saw recently.

"Candyman" is one I haven't seen mentioned yet which scared me when I first saw it too.
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:28 AM   #56
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
Some guy got killed on the set of zoo on the day they were filming. A stunt double got the exact injuries that Damien's mother gets in the film. Oh & the guy who thought of the scene where the guy gets his head hacked off, he was driving down some road in Europe when a car hit the side. Anyways the woman in the passenger seat was cut in half & died instantly. He survived but when he looked up he saw a sign that said Route 13 6,66 Omenn.
That's why it's got a reputation for being the film Satan didn't want. *shivers* I wonder if anything went wrong on the re-make that's due out this year? (well apart from the fact the new kid isn't cute, but that's just my opinion)

Oh...that's freaky! *Speechless*
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #57
delusional_fairy_goddess4

"arachnophobia"
i cringe everytime i see that one. especially when the spider is in the popcorn.*shivers*
delusional_fairy_goddess4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #58
Wise Child

Oooh! What's that one called about the killer bees? I distinctly remember watching it around my best friend's house when we were about eleven. It was summer, and very hot. This I recall because we went around the house closing all the windows before spending one very sweaty night.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:13 AM   #59
Morrigan_Dubh

As the strict "film" part of the thread has already been broken in the second post, I feel I can mention a TV show that frightened the living bejaysus out of me when I was 4 or 5 or something.
"The Incredible Hulk". I used to hide behind the sofa and cower everytime Dr. Bruce Banner would start to scream and bulge and turn a greener shade of skin...I still find it fairly disgusting, and I wouldn't go see the movie.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:21 AM   #60
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Do you mean Tim Curry?

Holy Shit! All these years and I never realized it was his sexy ass in that clown suit!

Probably why I wasn't scared of Pennywise.
Oh he is sexy as f*ck, isn't he?
Even before I saw him in the RHPS, I saw him in Cluedo and he gave me a funny feeling in my tummy. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:46 AM   #61
angel011

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional_fairy_goddess4
"arachnophobia"
i cringe everytime i see that one. especially when the spider is in the popcorn.*shivers*
'Arachnophobia' can't scare me, I just stare at Julian Sands, and stare at him, and stare...

Ahem.

I don't remember the title of the movie which scared me as a kid, I was nine or something at the time, there was a guy in the movie who was bitten or scratched by a bat and then began turning into a bat (the movie had nothing to do with vampires). I don't think that movie would scare me now, but it was the only movie which managed to scare me as a kid.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #62
Oubliette

It's a toss up between Pipi on the Run and Labrynth

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:20 AM   #63
Oubliette

hahahaha I so didn't read the thread topic closely enough before I replied. my answer would be Watcher in the Woods. Don't mind my first response. I'm officially a dink

Old 04-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #64
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette
It's a toss up between Pipi on the Run and Labrynth
Well "Pipi on the Run" sounds pretty scary to me. Sounds like a euphemism for some nasty affliction "down there".
Old 04-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #65
crimsonjoy

I never actually saw this movie but they used to play the stupid commercial OVER AND OVER again on t.v. when I was little: Beyond the Door. Just watching the commercial scared the crap out of me and I couldn't sleep at night if I saw it too late in the day. I will never see this movie because the mere mention of it and I'm shaking. O_o
crimsonjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #66
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

I remember when I was about 8 I saw the episode of the X-files with the guy who could start fires with his mind. It scared the hell out of me, and hooked me on the show. I used to watch it every friday night and then toddle off to bed with nightmares forming in my mind. I loved it.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #67
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
I can't even get myself to watch even one of the 4 Exorcist movies...I've heard that some people FAINTED after watching them, and sometimes I'm the world's greatest wimp... *Blushes until cheeks turn scarlet in color*
The original Exorcist is an excellent adaptation of the book. The second is utter tripe. The third is a decent adaptation of the book Legion, sequel to the Exorcist, and was good, if changed a bit too much. The fourth movie, Exorcist:The Beginning, was an insult to anyone who saw it. Total hackjob. That fucker Renny Harlin should be hanged for directing such shit. The real salt in the wound was that another version of the film, called Dominion, was made but never released. Dominion was supposedly too "cerebral", and was canned. I don't see how it could be any worse than the version that actually hit the theaters. Hit in a literal sense. I felt like I had been kicked in the groin by Regal cinema for having paid the price of admission. Then the ticket guy laughed at me and yelled "That's what you get for seeing a Renny Harlin movie!" as I breathlessly cluchted my balls.

I suppose I fainted after seeing Exorcist:The Beginning. The pain in my bruised testicles was simply too much for me to bear.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #68
Sobeh

Does anyone remember that old Peewee Herman movie, where at one point he's driving along some highway at night and the signs he passes, which tell him the turns in the road coming up, get more and more whacky until this one looks like a ball of yarn and he crashes the car?

I saw those series of scenes when I was really little, like maybe 5, and it scared me to death. Goddamn children's movies.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #69
Icarian Decoding

You know what scared me? It was some movie like "It". It was about clowns. I now hate clowns.
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #70
end.of.eternity

Halloween. A traumatic experience.

I never watched the other parts.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #71
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
Well "Pipi on the Run" sounds pretty scary to me. Sounds like a euphemism for some nasty affliction "down there".

that's horrible...hahahaha...I think I meant Pippy

Old 05-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #72
Mistress-Liriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Any film with Jack Nicholson in it automatically rules. But The Shining has the advantage of also being one of the very few genuinely creepy films, that continues to give people the wiggins even after they grow up. Most films I found scary as a kid are actually laughable.
Amen to that.

When I was a kid, I had the crap scared out of me by:
1) American Werewolf in London (Hey, to a 6 year old, those effects were terrifying!)
2) Friday the 13th movies, well, the first two. By the time the other 15 started coming out, I realized how lame they were.
3) Phantasm - These movies still get me. For some reason those damn little midgets and knife balls freak me the hell out!

Oddly enough, the Hellraiser movies never bugged me though. I guess because I was hitting my awkward tween years, where horror movies suddenly became cool, when I started watching those.
Mistress-Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #73
Idoru

Return to Oz.

They send Dorothy to the insane asylum and give her electroshock therapy, then when she is back in Oz there is an evil goblin king, some spooky Wheeler things that chase her and Princess Mumbi who imprisioned pretty young women and chopped off their heads so she could swap them for her own whenever she fancied a change.

It was a kids film.

*shudder*
Idoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #74
Cambodian Breakfast

Lion King. My friends dad sounded like Mofusa (sp). He called right after we watched it. I got all freaked out.
Cambodian Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:25 AM   #75
Vampyrekisses

Carrie

Just the part at the end where they are at the grave and her hand comes out of the grave
Vampyrekisses is offline   Reply With Quote