Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-02-2006, 05:15 AM   #1201
Morrigan_Dubh

Granted. You are so amazed to find your wish come true that you wish you had wished for something better. But that wish doesn't come true and you have to live with the bitter knowledge that you wasted your one true wish. It torments you and gnaws at your soul and you begin to doubt your ability to make good decisions. Your self-doubt festers and grows into self-hate, spreading and infecting other aspects of your self-image. Until one day you finally make a desicion you feel is right. Unfortunately this desicion is the desicion to kill yourself.

I wish I had a parasol to keep me from the sun.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #1202
wunky

granted, but on the first use of said parasol the sun is too hot, the parasol spontaneously combusts and folds in on you. you suffer a very hot an agonising death.

i wish i pass all my as levels.
wunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #1203
WizardElement5

Granted. You pass them by as they sit there in the examination room, which you have been refused entry to because you arrived late after staying up all night revising. However, this frees you from the treadmill of the 9 to 5 and you have to rely instead on your creative abilities. This you do and quickly become a world-famous superstar, but cannot then cope with the sudden fame and fortune and die young from drowning in your goat's milk filled swimming pool whilst high on a cocktail of hard drugs and chocolate buttons!

I wish I had some chocolate buttons right now.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #1204
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
Granted. You have chocolate buttons, but a passerby mugs you for them and leaves you buttonless in the gutter.

I wish I could sleep.

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
mutsumiasakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #1205
Dreaming Vendetta

Granted. You fall into a deep, restful sleep... and from there into a coma. You are kept alive by machines, living in an endless nightmare. You are tormented by a thousand unspeakable horrors formed from your own decaying psyche. You spend the next thirty years praying for a merciful death that never comes. When you finally awaken, all traces of your sanity have left you and you are committed to an asylum for the insane, where you will have plenty of time to sleep in a nice padded room.

I wish I could find the perfect book to read over the summer.
Dreaming Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #1206
Cicero

Granted. But it is so perfect you can't stop reading it. Once you've finished it you read it again, and again, and again, until you are driven mad by its infinite perfection. The summer is long gone, and you are committed to an insane asylum, in which you are joined 30 years later by the unfortunate Matsumiasakura

I wish I were in Alaska already.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #1207
Dreaming Vendetta

Granted. You are magically transported to the middle of the Alaskan wilderness, utterly unprepared for the lengthy journey ahead of you. Alaska is such a large, cold place to be, and those polar bears are looking awfully hungry...

I wish I knew which religion has it right about the universe.
Dreaming Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:55 PM   #1208
Corpsey

......... Interesting wish, i wish we all could have that wish granted.

Okiedo, after much contemplation you figured it out (choose whatever you like), and you understand everything in the universe and why everything is in its place. You then begin to contemplate why this has to be, and what you could chnage. This leads to way too much research and you begin to slowly loose your mind. At first you start to think the moon is made of cheese..... then you start to think that the world was made by children pushing their parents, mother earth and father sky, away from each other so they could have space to breathe, and people came from the sweat glands of giants. The men in white come to drag you away and put you in a padded cell. After a while, you stop being insane and start to realise that you're in a padded cell. Unfortunately the people who run the mental institution still think you're insane, and decide you have to stay. You are stuck in a mental instituion for the rest of your life.

I wish i could do good drawings.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #1209
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
Cicero, I've always wanted to live in an insane asylum, but only if they learned how to spell my name first . . .

Granted, and you become a world-renown artist. Soon everyone is so obsessed with your work they spend years bickering over whether or not your peices are authentic, ignoring the actual artistic value for the sake of a simple signature. You die angrily, bitterly, and alone.

I wish that half my face wasn't burned to a lobstery crisp. (Don't you dare say my whole face is! )

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
mutsumiasakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #1210
Paper_Wings

Ok, I won't. Your whole body is.

I wish I was a millionaire.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:01 PM   #1211
Corpsey

When you get a million dollar check in the mail randomly one day, you are estatic. You finally can do whatever you like, you don't have to worry about buying a house. AND the government cannot touch one cent of your money for unseen reasons. Having so much money is excellent. You buy a brand new car, a fantastic house, and buy every cd you want. People of whatever gender you are attracted to love you, but only for your money. You see how shallow these people are, and they sicken you, so you turn all of them. You wake up one night to find that your house is on fire. One of the people that you turned down was a serial arsonist. The insurance company screws you over, saying that it was purposefully set on fire to try to get more money. This becomes the official story in the media. You briefly lived a life of luxory, but now you are back to how you were before, with a little left over to spare, but everybody thinks that you're a greedy person who tried to make more once they had a taste of riches, because of the negative media coverage. Eventually you get back to your normal life, but everybody despises you.
I wish i could be the pilot of some sort of supersonic aeroplane

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #1212
Cicero

Mutsumiasakura - I'm so sorry! I get everyone's name wrong constantly on this site, but I typed it right that time

Corpsey - Wish granted. Unfortunately, although you are the pilot of the aircraft, you have absolutely no training whatsoever, and so you crash, burn, and die in an extremely expensive and horrifying display of explosions and blood, with limbs flying everywhere and whatnot. Though if it's any consolation, the supersonic flight before the crash was bloody awesome.

I wish I weren't such a hopeless romantic.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #1213
Corpsey

*Grins*
Good-oh, i just hoped to break the sound barrier before becoming destroyed in some ultimate supersonic carnage.

You slowly begin to stop being such a hopeless romantic. You start putting yourself more out on the line and you stop being so damn picky. Unfortunately this means that you become too casual with whom you date. You go on a blind date with some strange, but wealthy looking person. They offer you a drink at the restaraunt. You take it but do not realise that the drink is spiked. You wake up the next morning in a strange bed, with nobody around. Someone has had their way with you obviously, so you sheepishly crawl out of bed, and try to find some clothes. Unfortunately all you find are too small for you by about one size, so you make do in some very tight clothes. You find the rest of the house deserted, and wander home. You buy a newspaper with some spare change you found, to find out that A WHOLE MONTH has passed since your date. You wonder what the hell had happened in the past month, and arrive at home. You have plenty of messages on your answer machine, and begin sifting through a month's worth of mail. You see a letter for work that suggests that you may have been fired. You guess you should take a shower seeing as you have no idea whether you've been washed in the past month, and feel absolutely filthy. As you disrobe to take a shower, you discover something that you cannot believe you didnt realise before. You have had a sex change and the woman you dated was obviously some rich fiend that liked to play expensive pranks on people by sedating them and keeping them sedated for a whole month. Also, you have to cope with the fact that people have thought that you were dead since you went on your blind date.

I wish i was could read people's mind's.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:59 PM   #1214
Corpsey

Your boss decides that because most of the work is done, and you've been working so hard recently, that you can leave early. You cross a street in earnest to get away from that place, and are thinking about what to do with your spare time, only to nearly be run over by a bus. You decide that you really need to be more alert, and go to the nearest cafe to get a nice, creamy coffee. Unfortunately the waitress is new, and in her hurry to give you your coffee, trips up and spills it all over your new top. Infuriated, you leave the cafe in a manner less dignified than the way you entered, to find the nearest bathroom to try to wash off what you can to minimise the coffee stains. You slip on the floor as you enter the newly mopped floor of the bathroom and fall straight on your backside. After cleaning up your top, you realise how much of your extra free time having disasters occur. You determinedly walk home as quick as possible to avoid all disasters that may occur going anywhere else but home. In your haste to get home, you do not hear the warning scream someone shouts at you. Someone commited suicide by jumping off a building and landed right on your head.

I wish i could go skiing this winter.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #1215
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Granted. You go skiing, unfortunately, the Ugly Snow-Man makes his coming out the day you try the hardest pist. You bump into him, he's pissed off and he chop your head of.

I wish my bath would not take so long to run.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #1216
Cicero

Granted. It fills within a number of nanoseconds, so quickly you have no time to turn it off before it floods your whole house. You end up with a lovely (and rather deep) hot bath in the end, however since you lost all your un-waterproof possessions in the process, and waterlogged your entire home, it doesn't really seem worth it in the end.

I wish Singapore was closer to Kuala Lumpur.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #1217
Godslayer Jillian

Granted.

They become consecutive cities by destorying everything in between and folding the world into itself.

I wish any kind of food I have a craving for would appear instantly for me to eat, enjoy, and be fullfilled.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #1218
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Granted. The trouble is that the food never stops appear, even if your fed up. It just keep on popping in front you, your house is now filled with food, from the floor to the ceiling in every room, the food rott, so you have to hire three cleaning women to help you. You decided that you don't love those dishes anymore and you finally get anorexic as a psychologic reaction.

I wish I could teleport myself.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #1219
angel_dark_demon_bright

Granted. (This one was easy) You find finally have the ability to teleport anywhere you ever wanted. You use this power to teleport yourself inside a waterpark on a hot day to avoid paying the cover fee. You teleport inside the men's locker room and end up inside one of the many creepy hairy ugly and totaly lame guys inside. However neither of you die, you both go on living for many years as one of the freaks in the circus. And since you both share half a head anytime you try to have an inteligent thought, your bowels evacuate.

I wish my car got fucking better milage. arrgh.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #1220
Corpsey

Great. You finally have better milage. Unfortunately this means that it's chances of being broken into increase. It gets stolen in a matter of days..... yay.

I wish i could live in the Ukraine.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #1221
Tuk Keedair

www.rael.org
Tuk Keedair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #1222
Corpsey

What is the point of that post, Tuk Keedair? Follow the topic or don't post in this thread at all.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #1223
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
I wish I could live in the Ukraine.
Granted. You live in the Ukraine but you don't speak Ukranian. You spend the rest of your life alone with no one to talk to.

I wish I could speak perfect Japanese.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:09 AM   #1224
wunky

granted. you learn to speak perfect japanese overnight and try out your new skills durinG a glamourous holiday in tokyp. but one night you use your ample japanese to order too many alcoholic beveridges then your ample drunken japanese to pick a fight with a sumo wrestler. you lose said fight.

i wish it was friday
wunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #1225
Corpsey

Congratulations! It's friday, the best day of the week, because it's the end if the week. Unfortunately that means that you must've slept through the rest of the week, and you've been fired from your job because you've been absent without any reason why and your boss is an intolerant asshole.

I wish people were more tolerant of each other.