Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:51 AM   #251
GalacticG

I don't yet have a style, I'm still working one out. As of now, I have a few pants I wear, A pair of Globle Genocide pants from Cryoflesh, one pair of old blue jeans, faded, and ripped at one of the knees, and my favorite pair of pants from hottopic, Studded Bondage Skull pants with chains. Usually I'll wear my Cryoflesh pants and Cryo Logo Tee, with either my PU Leather rivet belt or studded pyramid belt and a pair of Demonia Neptune 32's OR My Bondage pants with the legs tucked into a pair of Anarchic Strapped Velcro Boots, the ones with the screws in the heal going all around, a pair of red stiched Tripp black spiked armwarmers, my Studded belt with a Rancid Skull T shirt or Plain Black T tucked in. And if I'm loafing about the house, I'll wear my jeans with any one of my plenty Gray T shirts. Yeah, I know, I need to do more shopping, and I'm still experimenting with black nail polish and makeup stuff. Trying to get rid of my Arizona tan on my arms. Next pay check promises more gear.
GalacticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:00 AM   #252
DrenchedInGin

I expect I could be labelled as a 'Vintage Goth'. I like vintage; it's true. Recently I had promo pics taken for my cabaret work, and most people compared my style to Dietrich. I wore Mr Gin's wedding dinner suit. (He promised some time he'd wear my wedding dress, but I suspect may be waiting some time...)

Anyway, Gin looks kinda like a Fifties gothic version of Blossom Dearie-meets Dietrich-meets Doris Day.

(I have sometimes wondered if I should call my cabaret act 'Blossom Dreary'. Think it would make sense to all you whippersnappers?)
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #253
PersephoneX

grrrr...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:41 AM   #254
DrenchedInGin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneX
grrrr...
Hehehe - the day your youthful fashions are officially labelled 'vintage' then you can come growl at me in person, you cutie, you...
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #255
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I'm a fan of black chain pants and skirts. Black skirts that aren't too short. I like fishnet and knee high socks. I like wearing my vans or my boots with them. I always wear my spiked collar. I always find some shirt to wear. I don't care normally what color that is. Sometimes once in a while I wear jeans. I also have the trench coat. I love my trench coat.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:51 AM   #256
Haunted House

I prefer real tight black denim or pinstiped pants. I used to have those huge Hot Topic pants, but then I realized how ridiculas they really are so I gave them to my brother. I usually wear a t-shirt under a black button down shirt other than that. I also have a nice velvet jacket that kinda reminds me of something Peter Murphy would have, but when I got it in the mail I was disapointed when I found that it was made by Tripp. It's still great though. Sometimes for kicks I'll throw on my fingerless skeleton gloves and top hat.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #257
Topaz

My style is pretty negotiable.

I mostly dress pretty comfortably. Perhaps a lace trimmed black shirt paired with a black skirt (varying lengths) and New Rock or Demonia boots.

I do quite often dress in 'EGL' style. It's the only time that I wear pink. Not to say that all of my dresses in this style are pink but I have a couple that are pink with either black or white.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #258
Hawthorne

mine

My style is leaning more toward the Gothic look (Gothic being the traditional look in the gothic era of London) although I do take some from the modern goth look. My normal look is a black suit jacket with dark grey T underneath, a chain necklace, black fishnet gloves, white and black striped arm warmers, Silk Top hat, cane, black corduroys with three belts (i added spikes to the fronts just yesterday), and black leather dress shoes. My makeup is simple eyeliner, and a very pale face (some times i go with red eye shadow).
Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #259
dudeofthepast

Wel folks, I just wear whatever the hell i can find thats in my bedroom, which is mostly band tees and tripp pants, or jeans.. so yeah!
dudeofthepast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:58 AM   #260
valen

i like to wear industrial style clothing but mostly black or cyber boi as well.. i still have my new rocks from 10 years ago and there fine (they dont build em like they used to) but apart from that what ever's comfertable if i'm not going clubbing
valen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:49 AM   #261
bleedingheart344

I don't really have a true style I stick to. But you would typically see me dressed a bit more industrial. I don't really stick to one clothing style, really. I just dress in whatever I like. Mainly tripp pants, not sure why there's been so many complaints, I haven't had any problems with them, nor have I had problems with my two pairs of Demonia boots, (one regular sole, one 5" platform)
bleedingheart344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:03 AM   #262
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
I paint my nails black, because they get lots of dirt and stuff ander them and it looks disgusting otherwise. I also don't think any other colors really like that great on my nails. *shudders*

Bring the flames!
I either paint my nails black or dark purple, I like the purple though
Old 08-19-2006, 05:10 AM   #263
thebloodflowers

Location: in,.....a house....in a country...in queensland...in maleny
i deeply injoy new-romantic style somthing so nice about the beautiful lace the crushed velvet oh so lush

Last edited by thebloodflowers; 08-19-2006 at 05:12 AM. Reason: serious spelling mistake rather tragic
thebloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:42 AM   #264
bleedingheart344

Does anyone happen to have any links to stores in Columbus, Ohio that might sell either Romantic or Victorian clothing? Or at least some sites with the same clothing, preferably decently priced, but anything's good.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:07 AM   #265
Cicero

Bleedingheart - I can't help you in terms of your exact location, but if you don't mind paying a little extra on shipping I can recommend Gallery Serpentine. It's the cheapest good quality Victorian/Romantic clothing I've ever come across - and yes, it's still pretty damn expensive.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #266
BlackWidow

Have we not had conversations like this a million times before? Oh well.
I wear what most people wear-whatever the hell I feel comfortable in. Which is mostly blakc, chains, band shirts...I shop at Hot Topic, surprise surprise. I have tried to wear the whole "preppy" outfit for job interviews, and truthfully, I dont feel like myself at all. All I want to do is rip the clothes off and change into my own wardrobe. So yeah, that's me in a nutshell.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:47 AM   #267
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Bleedingheart - I can't help you in terms of your exact location, but if you don't mind paying a little extra on shipping I can recommend Gallery Serpentine. It's the cheapest good quality Victorian/Romantic clothing I've ever come across - and yes, it's still pretty damn expensive.
Thanks for the link.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:54 AM   #268
Delkaetre

I like to go for the 80s post-punk style... the tight black drainpipe jeans, pointy-toed winklepickers, and a black fitted shirt with lace/ruffle/frill/unusual cuffs. It's actually a really flattering look for anyone who's medium to slim build. The tight jeans and pointed boots make your legs seem longer and thinner- black's a slimming colour after all- and a fitted shirt will emphasise and flatter your curves if you're female or offer that opium-wasted Byronic look for guys. The shirt can be swapped for a suitable item of corsetry, but I like my shirts best.
I found that going for an industrial night, wearing men's baggy/buckled trousers, big New Rock boots, and a t-shirt with the sleeves pinned up gives a nice aggressive-industrial look. Though there is danger of attracting lesbians who like the butch look.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #269
She_Is_My_Sin

I wear a pair of dark grey baggy jeans alot. I roll them up a bit to wear with my New Rocks, a black strappy top & a black scarf. I brought some new fancy clothes too, but I dunno where the hell I'm gonna wear my pvc bodice to.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #270
Godslayer Jillian

I wear my paddock boots for anything, and since all my pants but one are washed out, I've been wearing the same pants for over a week (don't worry, I wash it, just this one with detergent for black clothes.)
In shirts, I virtually always use dress shirts modified a little to make them tighter (Small shirts are still big for me.)
Oftentimes I wear something on top of that like a coat, vest,jacket, or sweater.
Currently I use a key on my neck and two rings (spider and ankh) on my... uhhh... how do you call the finger between the middle finger and the thumb? That one.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #271
badteccy

When I go to the club it's mostly cybergoth. Lately I have been dressing more romantigoth/deathrock...yea, it's weird.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:27 AM   #272
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
I wear dresses...lots and lots of dresses, skirts....even with pants I wear dresses or skirts. You know, all that pritty lacy stuff. Can't get enough of it.
And of course, I am a shoe-maniac. I've got some ten different boots and a doesen or so of these victorian shoes...the ones with those "tap-dancing" designs on them and the buckls and heels....oooooo...I just love shoes.
For me, every outfit I wear seems new and experimental, but for the untrained eye it is always the same...or at least I have been told so. So I guess I even have a "style" and I would call it romantic-sinister-victorian....erm, yeah. Something like that. I love experimenting and looking elegant while at it.

What I love most is wearing elegant things together with heavy, lumpy things...for example a nice neo-victorian dress with army boots or chains. I know the idea is old but I just love the paradox feeling of the finished image. It seems to be an absurd mixture of styles but then again a style in itself.

Also, I absolutely go crazy for all sorts of accessoires like skarves or hats. I have a "charlie chaplin"-hat, as I call it, a cyllinder or top hat, some wierd lumpy hats...and I have about a million different scarves which I wear with every outfit, so I suppose that can count as part of my style. And also gloves...for each different outfit I have different gloves...lace gloves, gloves with missing fingertips...long gloves that go up to my elbos....yeah.
The only thing that stops me from being a complete tussi is that I don't gove a shit for bags. I have exactly ONE bag and wear it with any outfit. When that bag dies, I get an other ONE bag and wear it again until it dies.

...Wow, do I write alot when it comes to clothing. Okay, I'm going to shut my mouth now.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #273
Twizted Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
how do you call the finger between the middle finger and the thumb? That one.
I think its called the "pointer" finger.
Twizted Whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #274
Twizted Whispers

My style is black jeans, band t-shirt, and layers of riped fishnet(black,white,red,purple,green), makeup, combat boots,spider web arm warmers,deathhawk,nail polish(black,red,blue,silver),2-3 belts,jacket with bottons. etc...
Twizted Whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #275
Delkaetre

Index finger. I have pointless facts like that.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote