Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Marilyth

An Intro Lemming

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm a cubicle monkey, phone answerer, legalized drug dealer, for a prescription drug company.

2. Where are you from?
I live in the NY Capitol Region

3. Who is your favorite author?
I have several. I enjoy the classics the most. Faulkner is amazing with his ability with words. I have come to enjoy Poe, even though he was a little nuts.

4. What are your favorite films?
I enjoy thrillers/mysteries/horror (not many people I know do). Things that make you think, or that are totally improbable.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I don't intend on getting married. If so, the JP saying, "Do you?"

6. At your funeral?
It's not going to depend on what I want, it'll depend on the person arranging my funeral. I'd love something from my Pagan collection, but I know family won't go for that one.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Quickly, no suffering.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
None, I prefer to be cremated after my organs are donated.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I have no ONE favorite outfit, but I tend toward jeans and t-shirts.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Running around and playing in trees, dirt, all sorts of stuff.

11. What's your favorite band?
I enjoy blues, jazz, and some alternative. No "favorite" band.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have a BA in English/Secondary Education, and an MS in Higher Education Administration (I've taught middle/high school & have worked in college administration for the past 10 years or so - until now).

13. Why did you join?
I have a curiosity and desire to learn more from others, and gain inspiration. I have previously written standard short stories, basic historical fiction, some suspense, but nothing that could be worthy of "horror." I read a story Christa did (the first one on the page) and was impressed. I'd like to be able to come up with concepts like that (enthralling, dark, mysterous, etc...)

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female

*I know for a fact that many (if not all people) do NOT consider me Goth in any way, shape or form. I don't dress the part, I don't "act" the part in public, from the looks of me, I'm a square. However, as someone else mentioned, Goth isn't how you dress, it's a state of mind. I too feel like I should have grown up in a different place/different time.

I'm pretty ordinary, just to be "out there" with that. I hope to get something down pretty soon. If you like or not, please offer feedback. I am not a fan of, "that's crap" without any discussion. I enjoy someone discussing options with me, their opinions, etc. There's a difference between constructive and rude. I hope this a constructive experience for myself and I hope to offer that to others.

:) Kari
Marilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
Nardol

Don't worry, alot of us here aren't "goth" per se, so long as your input has been thought through and decently worded, you shouldn't get too much harassment.
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
Nardol

Pardon me what is a JP?
Old 06-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #4
Nardol

oh nm, I figured it out ::feels dum::
Old 06-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #5
Sanctus Dei

Hello.....
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote