Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #76
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Which doesn't equate to to your radical statement:

The key difference between what the poll shows and what you honestly believe, is that these people in New York still believe it was the 19 hijackers implicated by the FBI who carried it out. They just think that the US government knew about the plot and didn't stop these individuals. You believe it was the US government who drove the planes into the buildings. That's why this poll does not back up your statement.

You're not mainstream, Sternn.
Huzzah, for Gothic.net's Secretary of Sense!!!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #77
Binkie

Lol. Wolf, ya know how to make me blush. :o
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #78
CptSternn

ED -

Thanks for that. At least we ourselves know whats up. As mentioned, people try to block the idea from their minds. They are just scared.

The truth will come out. Have no fear. The bush empire is crumbling, and when it falls, we will see the truth.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #79
Binkie

You just keep on holding out there, Sternn. It'll happen... you just wait.

Err... I guess you've BEEN waiting. What I should be saying then is, keep on waiting. ;)
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 04-18-2006, 03:41 AM   #80
CptSternn

Hey, I waited on those trailers you continued through post after post to claim were making biological weapons, and was found to be right.

I waited when you claimed WMD's were found, and I was right.

I waited until indictments were handed out in the Plume leak, something you said would never happen, and I was right.

I waited for the average joe in america to stand up and fight the ports deal you said was not so bad, and was right.

I waited until a majority of americans now feel the same way about the president, and told you they would, with only 32%, compared to 85% supporting him just a year ago, and I was right about that as well.

So far, all my arguements seem to be coming together. With indictments coming down for Delay, Libby claiming bush is the leaker in chief, and more and more 911 'evidence' turning up dodgy, it is just a matter of time.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #81
Cambodian Breakfast

Do you think that the president would risk his caree and possibily his life? I really think that he is to vain for that.
Cambodian Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #82
Binkie

Let's see... in reality you're taking credit for things you never waited for or predicted.

First off, I'M still waiting for you to respond to the ISG's report having stated that several chemical and biological weapons were found in Iraq. The same report all of your news articles cited for information. Of course, when I quoted the official findings, you faded from existance in the arguement and Mael and I went on to discuss it.

As for the Ports Deal, that's laughable. Average joe america was fighting before you even knew about this issue. You didn't even bring it up on the boards until long after the story broke. I remember you saying you saw some CBS report about shit that was aired in the US long before you ever saw it. You didn't wait for anything. You were far too behind on the issue to have been waitting.

Also, I never talked about Plume.

The polls are funny too. Trying to take credit for predicting them, that is. Yeah, you sure predicted that back in '04 when you said indefinitely that Bush would never see a second term and that Kerry would win without a doubt. Oh wait, I guess you're still waiting for that to happen.

Quote:
So far, all my arguements seem to be coming together. With indictments coming down for Delay, Libby claiming bush is the leaker in chief, and more and more 911 'evidence' turning up dodgy, it is just a matter of time.
Right. Like I said, Sternn. Keep on waiting, buddy. Kerry WILL win. Bush WILL be impeached. 9/11 WILL be exposed as a government plot. If you just believe hard enough, maybe it will. LOL.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #83
CptSternn

Guess only time will tell.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:49 AM   #84
CptSternn

New Ministry album kicks more arse than the last. Thought it would be hard for 'em to top, but here it is. New track titled LIESLIESLIES, all about 911.

http://teenage.cz/lyric.php?id=37514

Gentlemen we have called you together to inform you that we are going to overthrow the United States government
Do you still think that jet fuel brought down the World Trade Center?
(Laughter)
Does anybody else see a problem here?
If the government has nothing to hide why are they so afraid to answer a few questions?
This story does not add up

I’m on a mission to never forget
3,000 people that I’ve never met
We want some answers and all that we get
Some kind of shit about a terrorist threat
Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies
Old 04-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #85
Binkie

You going to go see "United 93" in theaters when it comes out, Sternn? I heard it's based on the "big lie" interpretation of 9/11... and it's a mainstream movie. I thought the mainstream didn't believe that stuff according to you. You should be protesting it's release, cause you know, those hijackers are still alive and whatnot. Lol.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:41 AM   #86
CptSternn

It's just more government propoganda to get people back into a 9/11 we love bush state of mind. With the new 'heros' in the movie, poeple will forget about the scandals, the payoffs, the leaks, the war, the high gas prices and think 'wow, what great americans they were! WE should support our president!'.

I'm, already getting ill thinking they will have some scene where the lads storm the cockpit, the music builds, and they play either 'america the beautiful' or some other pro-patriotism song and try to get people into that whole movie climax scene, even if its true or not.

Progaganda. In fact, its already been released on DVD in Europe, and might get it just to watch and critique.

But back to the discussion. Frmo the headlines today...

U.S. seeks to keep evidence from 9/11 families

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/26/mo...ies&eref=yahoo

ALEXANDRIA, Virginia (CNN) -- Prosecutors asked a judge to rethink granting 9/11 families suing airlines access to evidence gathered for the criminal case against al Qaeda terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui.

U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema's April 7 order requires prosecutors to provide copies of all unclassified aviation security documents to attorneys representing September 11 families in a civil lawsuit pending in New York.

Prosecutors called the order "unprecedented" and urged Brinkema to withdraw it. The motion was filed by Chuck Rosenberg, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.

*snip*

So why, if the government has nothing to hide, will they not give out records which are normally public to the families of 9/11? What is it the government has to hide? The victims families want to know so bad they are suing the current administration. You however, have already dismissed this, and dismissed the families of the victims. I for one feel that they deserve as well as everyone else, whats in those documents surrounding the deaths of their loved ones.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #87
Binkie

"Propaganda." Lol. Yeah, well, I guess Hollywood is run by the JOooOOooOOooooos... and wasn't Israel in on the 9/11 plot? Oh wait, you lay the blame soley on Bush. Hmmm... it must be ANOTHER conspiracy to explain your 9/11 conspiracy. Cause, you know, he was also responsible for your company's decision to outsource your job as well. S'funny when you have to make up a story just to explain your made up story.

I don't know, Sternn. What does the government have to hide? What's the conpiracy theory behind this one? It's not like they produced all of his evidence and presented it in court before everyone at Moussaoui's trial. Or like the judge already ruled on giving the evidence to the families. But on another note, what about the black box played in court that shows the hijackers intentionally crashed the plane? What conspiracy theory do you have to explain that one? Was it Hollywood again?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:46 AM   #88
CptSternn

So if they have nothing to hide, what are they hiding from the 9/11 victims families?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:54 AM   #89
Blushing Heliophobe

Question for ya, Sternn -

If a police officer asks you permission to search your vehicle and you say no...does that automatically mean that you have something to hide, or are you merely enacting your right to do so for reasons that are best known to you?
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #90
Binkie

Read the article, Sternn. Maybe they mention it in there.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:24 AM   #91
CptSternn

Blush -

I understand your line of reasoning there, however, the group in this scenario is the victims of 9/11's families. The government has continually used 9/11 in various speeches, to pass tonnes of legislation, and to rally the country everytime poll numbers take a dive.

Then, the living victims of the tragedy ask for a little information, and the same government basically gives them a slap in the face.

On one hand, they current regime uses 9/11 as a tool and continues to sell it as the reason they do many things, and on the other hand the surviving victims are treated like dirt, have to file lawsuits to get answers, and whos plight is ignored by the same administration.

Think that makes it a little different.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:04 AM   #92
CptSternn

...and on the 5 year 'anniversay' (is that REALLY something people need an 'anniversay' for?)

Bush uses 9/11 to argue for Iraq war

http://news.**********/s/ap/20060912..._go_pr_wh/bush

WASHINGTON - President Bush is invoking the memory of the Sept. 11 victims killed five years ago to argue for a continued military campaign in Iraq before a skeptical American public, drawing protests from Democrats who say he has politicized a national day of mourning.

In a prime-time speech broadcast on Monday's anniversary of the terror attacks, the president described a brutal enemy still determined to kill Americans, perhaps with weapons of mass destruction if they get the chance.

"If we do not defeat these enemies now, we will leave our children to face a Middle East overrun by terrorist states and radical dictators armed with nuclear weapons," Bush said. "We are in a war that will set the course for this new century and determine the destiny of millions across the world."

*snip*

Seriously, he once again has now brought up WMDs, a nuclear Iraq, Iraq/911, and half a dozen other things that have been proven to be false, he has been called out on, but guess he decided people weren't listening last week when he said point blank 'there is no link between iraq and 911'.

BUT it's good to see a MAJORITY of AMERICANS now blame the dirty bastard for 9/11...

Poll: More Americans blame Bush for 9/11

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/...ies&eref=yahoo

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The percentage of Americans who blame the Bush administration for the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington has risen from almost a third to almost half over the past four years, a CNN poll released Monday found.

Asked whether they blame the Bush administration for the attacks, 45 percent said either a "great deal" or a "moderate amount," up from 32 percent in a June 2002 CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

*snip*

And then we come to these articles here...

World Remembers 9/11 but Many Not Crying

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&feed=rss.news

The nations of the world joined Monday in solemn remembrance of Sept. 11 — but for many, resentment of the United States flowed as readily as tears.

Critics say Americans have squandered the goodwill that prompted France's Le Monde newspaper to proclaim "We are all Americans" that somber day after the attacks, and that the Iraq war and other U.S. policies have made the world less safe in the five years since.

Heads bowed in moments of silence for the 3,000 killed in the attacks on New York and Washington — while the No. 2 al-Qaida leader issued new warnings in a videotape. And dissident voices said the world has traded in civil liberties and other democratic rights in its war on terror.

In Europe, where Islamic terror has struck twice since 9/11, in the Madrid train bombings and the London transit attacks, the silent tributes were tinged with doubts and recriminations.

Even German Chancellor Angela Merkel — an advocate of repairing ties with Washington that were frayed under her predecessor Gerhard Schroeder — had veiled criticism of the United States, saying: "The ends cannot justify the means."

"In the fight against international terror ... respect for human rights, tolerance and respect for other cultures must be the maxim of our actions, along with decisiveness and international cooperation," she said.

The international landscape has changed irreversibly since terrorists hijacked four airliners in 2001, crashing two into the World Trade Center, one into the Pentagon and another into a Pennsylvania field.

Adding to the global jitters, a senior al-Qaida leader issued a new warning.

"You gave us every legitimacy and every opportunity to continue fighting you," said Ayman al-Zawahri, addressing the United States. "You should worry about your presence in the (Persian) Gulf and the second place you should worry about is Israel."

Another video posted on the Internet by al-Qaida showed previously unseen footage of a smiling Osama bin Laden and other commanders in a mountain camp apparently planning the Sept. 11 attacks.

Allies in the U.S.-led war on terrorism renewed their resolve Monday to fight fanaticism, while skeptics countered that they can no longer follow a superpower they say has relinquished its right to lead.

"Right after Sept. 11 the world was united with Americans. Their moral leadership was unquestioned," Pawel Zalewski, head of the Polish parliament's foreign relations committee, wrote in the Gazeta Wyborcza. "However, this strong moral authority was abused as a result of the Iraq war."

Exactly five years after its message of solidarity, Le Monde titled its lead editorial "The Mistakes of Bush."

In Caracas, Venezuela, about 200 marchers protested what they called "imperialist terrorism" carried out by the United States since the 9/11 attacks. Demonstrators — many of them supporters of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and some of Arab descent — carried Lebanese, Syrian and Palestinian flags. Many criticized the U.S. invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

New Zealand's Prime Minister Helen Clark joined many when she said: "No, we're not more secure since 9/11."

*snip*

And then my favourite so far...

Global media abhors US response to 9/11

http://news.**********/s/afp/2006091...IyBHNlYwMxNjk2

[ii]Paris (AFP) - Newspapers across the world have strongly criticised the US response to September 11, accusing the Bush administration of bungling its "war on terror" and squandering global goodwill by invading Iraq.[/i]

*snip*

Looks like world-wide and even over half of america now sees bush for what he is, the war on terror for what it is, and the truth behind the whole 'war on terror'.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #93
Binkie

What's that truth? Ohhhh... the one not mentioned in any of the articles, which you still believe: that 9/11 is a conpiracy theory!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:47 AM   #94
CptSternn

Over half of america now has doubts as well. Thats a start. Remember that concntration camps during WW2 were considered conspiracy theorys until they were proven to be real.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #95
Binkie

Provide me with the scientific poll that shows half of American believes that. Stop making up information and start backing it up.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:36 AM   #96
CptSternn

Umm..did you not follow the half dozen links in the previous post that state just that?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:58 AM   #97
Binkie

Oh, you still don't understant the concept of a scientific poll, despite it being explained to you numerous times. Well, I'd draw you a picture, but unfortunately I'd have to use words in the diagram. I know how much you loathe big words and seemingly can't understand any of them.

I guess you can't produce any scientific polls to back up your statements. I'll take that as your concession.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #98
CptSternn

Your saying the CNN poll is not good enough? You don't trust the statistics CNN came back with?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #99
Binkie

I guess you can't read the prior posts that already addressed this issue. Hmmm... I'm still trying to think of a way to explain what a "scientific poll" is to you using what you'd know best; Sponge Bob Square Pants characters. But without words (cause I know how much you hate to read).
Old 09-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #100
CptSternn

So your saying that now CNN does not conduct proper polls?

So to recap:

The CDC can't do math as well as you, the CIA has its intellegence wrong compared to yours, and now CNN can't do statistics as well as you.

I'm telling you, your talents are wasted sitting around posting on Gothic.Net all day! You really should just be in Washington running the country, since you have more intellegence on Iraq than the CIA, better skills at calculating human body mass than the CDC, and now a better ability to poll people than CNN.