Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
Dizzy1313

Here I am

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Don't you think a better first question could be "Who/what are you?" I am not what I do, but I hope what I do is aligned with who I am. But I'll humor you all. Here's what I do:
I mostly wander. Professionally, I am a copywriter (at the moment at least... who knows where I will find myself in a month). For fun, I go to see live music, meet with friends, read, make *recycled* clothes, collecting beads and making pretty things for my friends and loved ones.

2. Where are you from? Now I am back in my chosen country (Suomi Finland) and I live in Hell-sinki. But originally I am from the most conservative state in the grand ol' U. S. of A. Then I defected.

3. Who is your favorite author? I haven't been reading much lately, but... Peter Hoeg, J.G. Ballard, GG Marquez, Isabelle Allende, Fritjof Capra, Milan Kundera (just off the top of my head)

4. What are your favorite films? I just saw The Science of Sleep and it shot right to the top. It was even quirkier than Eternal Sunshine... Amelie, Baraka, The Lost Boys, In the Cut, Dreamlife of Angels, Goonies, Spice World, The Princess and the Warrior, Run Lola Run... I know there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? a-ha. Don't laugh. I decided that when I was 9 years old, and I'm stickin' to it.

6. At your funeral? None... I don't want a funeral.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I'm not too particular, as long as I don't get killed by a shark.

8. What kind of casket would you want? a watery grave... then maybe even the belly of a shark. I'm phobic of them in life, so it seems apropos that I end up in one in death.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Something comfortable and sassy. I don't have a favorite anymore. At least I haven't even thought such a thing for a LONG time.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Being unjaded, and spending hours on end arranging Barbie's apartment, having a favorite outfit...

11. What's your favorite band? tough question, as it depends on my mood. I ALWAYS love: SofM, Amorphis, Finntroll, Bauhaus (and Love&Rockets), Children of Bodom, Bad Religion, PJ Harvey

12. What kind of education do you have? a lot and all over the place: biology, environmental studies, sustainable development... I'm definitely over-educated and underpaid. Good thing I don't pay attention to money (otherwise I might be depressed)

13. Why did you join? 1) I've never joined in on a forum and wanted to see what it is like, 2)seems like a lively and intelligent group, and 3) I just found out I'm goth (and apparently have been since puberty)

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? f

NICE TO MEET YOU ALL!!
Dizzy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
knightmare

you have an interesting job and a cool, variegated selection of movies, (science of sleep sounds awesome) although I have no idea about your fave authors, anyways welcome
knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote