Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #676
Neurosis

I have my tips of my bangs already dyed a bright, scarlet red. I love the look! And the tips of the rest of my hair are a plum purple. My school requires all females to wear their hair up, so when I do that style, you can see both the red and the purple simultaneous.

My bangs are normally like a ruffled, purposefully messy look. It's hard to explain, but I will provide a picture soon.

--Neurosis
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #677
DarkHeartedDemoness

Why do they care if your hair is up or down but they don't care if your hair is red and purple? That seems strange...
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #678
Neurosis

I am in an Air Force, Junior ROTC program in school, which is every day uniform wear. My school is like that, the others have it differently.

My purple is unnoticeable unless shown in the sunlight, which is what I intend. The red tips in my bangs are allowed, just not to a great extent.

--Neurosis
Old 11-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #679
DarkHeartedDemoness

Oh, that makes more sense. I thought you were in one of those private schools... You know, where boys' hair has to be short enough that it doesn't touch their collar, and there are only certain shades of nail polish allowed.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #680
Neurosis

(Not intentionally made to be off-topic)

I was once in a private school like that. We weren't allowed dyed hair, and the darkest shade of nail polish was a transclusent baby pink. Also, popular hairstyles were claimed to be "attention drawing" and therefore, not allowed.

(For the topic)

I have very, very long hair, down to my lower back. I am suggesting myself to cut it all off and send it to Locks of Love. I am only afraid to cut it, since I haven't for about three years now. Has anyone else something as drastic?

--Neurosis
Old 11-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #681
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
Just so I can describe it to my hairdresser, what's that style called? Partial undercut?
No idea, my hair-dresser and I were just experimenting with my hair ("How about leaving it the same size in the front?" "Ok, but let's cut the back." "Ohh! Let's buzz the sides!") and that was the outcome.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #682
insertwittyname

Well that answers the question on Godslayer Jillian's gender...*what made you think of the name?* Ok, question time! WoOhoO! I really want to get my hair done, something wild, without damaging my hair and loosing the overall length. I don't want to dye it becuase I'll never get its original color exactly right if I want it back. Am willing to dye though if it's awsome enough. 'Neyways, any good hairstyles that wouldn't damage or loose my hair length?
*hair is 6" past my chin, and can't find a camera*
Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #683
DarkHeartedDemoness

You didn't know Jilli was a guy? Seriously, dude...

Neurosis, I think that's a beautiful idea. You should check with your local hair-donation place if you've dyed your hair, sometimes they won't take it.

I just cut 6 inches off, but that was more therapeutic than for any particular cosmetic/charitable reason. I wanted to die, and one day I just kind of took a scissor to my hair and chopped a bunch of it off. A week later my aunt, who is a hairdresser, made it look decent. It felt really good, because I wasn't very happy with who I was, and changing something about my appearance in so drastic a way was an amazing feeing.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #684
Alaizabel Cray

My hair is really short (growing out fast though! When I cut it, it went up and around my ears, now it's almost covering the whole ear up unless I push it back), which was basically the only drastic thing I could do to my hair for a while, because I was on my school's Model UN team, and you have to look professional at conferences and stuff, so I couldn't go dyeing it odd colors like I used to, because I'd have to dye it back again which was a hassle. Now I'm homeschooled though, and the team can't legally let me stay with them for the next conference as like, a long-distance member or something, so I'm ready to dye it again! Nothing drastic this time though, I just want to go a nice dark red (my natural color, it's faded a lot over the years), with some gold-ish highlights. And then for the braid (I kept a small thin braid in the bottom on the right when I cut my hair, everyone says it makes me look like Anakin, haha), I think I'll go black. My parents forbid me to dye my whole head black, but they never said anything about the braid alone...
Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #685
insertwittyname

That's awsome, if you don't mind, I'll be stealing hair style ideas...
Oh, yes, I'm lame, and I have difficulties with figuring out male and female personalities. -.-
Old 11-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #686
Alaizabel Cray

Insertwittyname.... I don't know you in real life so I can't make any real suggestions for hairstyles as far as anything drastic goes, but judging by what I've seen of you in the pics thread, here's my advice:

Your hair color is gorgeous, but fi you were to dye it, I'd stick with natural-looking colors because it's already so shiny, and if you dye it a funky color sometimes it comes out very flat and that would be really weird if you're used to shiny hair. So, since blonde would look funny I think, black would be a nice choice. Although some blonde-ish highlights wouldn't look bad.

Now, onto a style. If you want to keep the overal length, why not go with layers? You can shorten some of the front layers a bit to show off a change, but keep longer layers in the back. Something like this, I guess. Not drastic, but it could be a change nonetheless. On the more drastic side, something like this would keep the general length but give you a definate change. Just some little suggestions. I like hair in case you can't tell, sorry if that was more advice than you wanted.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #687
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
Insertwittyname.... I don't know you in real life so I can't make any real suggestions for hairstyles as far as anything drastic goes, but judging by what I've seen of you in the pics thread, here's my advice:

Your hair color is gorgeous, but fi you were to dye it, I'd stick with natural-looking colors because it's already so shiny, and if you dye it a funky color sometimes it comes out very flat and that would be really weird if you're used to shiny hair. So, since blonde would look funny I think, black would be a nice choice. Although some blonde-ish highlights wouldn't look bad.

Now, onto a style. If you want to keep the overal length, why not go with layers? You can shorten some of the front layers a bit to show off a change, but keep longer layers in the back. Something like this, I guess. Not drastic, but it could be a change nonetheless. On the more drastic side, something like this would keep the general length but give you a definate change. Just some little suggestions. I like hair in case you can't tell, sorry if that was more advice than you wanted.
The layering stuff, I already gots that, a bit more drastrically then in the picture because in my last hair cut I got some serious snipping going on though it's mostly grown out. I would like something new and crazy, not what I have now, but I'm afraid I'll be stuck with it, becuase I don't like bangs*forgot to add that, had then for longest time when little* and my facial structure wouldn't seem right without something, I don't know...classical i guess. For the dye information, I thank you for that, you added some insight I didn't know about.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:34 AM   #688
Yurikai

Um...my hair is long like waist long and the back of it is red...okay it's burgandy and looks purple and the front is blonde. My hair is all one length, that's the way I like it because I don't have to fool with it, just run a brush through it or whatever and be done.....wow that made me sound really lazy......
Yurikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #689
Neurosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Neurosis, I think that's a beautiful idea. You should check with your local hair-donation place if you've dyed your hair, sometimes they won't take it.
Well, I did dye the tips of my hair plum purple, but only the most two inches. Also, very few streaks are in my hair, almost unnoticeable, a chestnut brown. I have natural deep dark brown hair, almost black. I wanted to do so because there are children out there who have no hair and dream of hair, but wigs are too expensive for their parents, much less hospital bills. Besides, most people say that my hair is very beautiful and it would bless an unhappy child to have such hair. Not meaning to brag.

I hope they might accept mine.

--Neurosis
Old 11-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #690
the_cure

I was wondering if everyone would give me an opinion. I'm getting my hair cut shorter so I can get a job and I was wondering if you would tell me if you think I would look decent with this haircut.

Here is me now: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...s/picture2.jpg

Here is how I want it cut:http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...styles-5-1.jpg

Thank you all for your opinions.
the_cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #691
Born Again

Your hair looks fine the way it is, I don't see why any employer would have problems with the length. Although, the other cut is decent as well. If you want to change the style because you feel the urge to change, than its not much of a risk.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #692
the_cure

Yes it does Born Again.

I'm from the south (Tennessee to be exact). People here, in my town atleast, are very conservative and prefer boys to have shorter hair. It makes it far easier to get a job, or so my peers tell me.

I am looking for a change though. I have had my hair the same for roughly a year.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #693
Born Again

I'm from Kentucky, and I see your point.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:52 AM   #694
Yurikai

I'm from Georgia, so yeah I can see your point as well....-_-' then again can't we just call it discrimination? I mean I see nothing wrong with the style you have.....trust me...I've seen guys with hair longer than mine and mine is down to my ass.....they all have jobs.....then again, this town is like really fucked up. Sorry that wasn't much help....
Yurikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:13 AM   #695
c130

I got my hair done. It's really quite subtle, but I love it so much. My hairdresser shaved the sides down to about 5mm, and restyled the top and back so I can shape it up fauxhawk style. (Is it really a fauxhawk if the sides have been partially shaved?) Looks and feels much better than my girl-sideburns from before.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:26 AM   #696
c130

Btw. I haven't changed the colour yet. That just makes me look redheaded because my sister's camera doesn't have a very good white balance. >_>
Old 11-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #697
the_cure

Well I got my hair cut today. What do you guys think

Before: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...s/picture2.jpg

After:http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...s/newhair1.jpg

Mind you my hair is'nt styled becuase I was to lazy after I got it cut.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #698
Godslayer Jillian

I prefer it now, though I want to see it all done an' nice.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #699
the_cure

Will do Jillian. I will take a picture tomorrow after I have been out and about and have it all spiffy.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #700
chelseagirl

I like it much better now, after the cut.