Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:18 AM   #1
GirlsNotMe

The Revolution Cometh!

Well, perhaps.

I don't know, I don't want to be so vain. Heh.

Well, my name is Gray, and this is my first forum join up in a while. I was missing the debates and the long lasting friendships (ahem), so I thought I'd slam into one and see where it led me.

I'm a pretty boy. I'm a smart boy. That's all for now. See you kids on the boards, enjoy my company. I know I will.

-GNM
GirlsNotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:47 AM   #2
GirlsNotMe

Also, another note about me is that I know next to nothing about computers. I had this copy and pasted and forgot to put the damn thing in, so don't make fun of me. Or do. Whatever.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I am a student in the glorious shit state of South Carolina at the College of Charleston, majoring in theatre and philosophy. In my spare time I write and read poetry, ancient chinese literature and history, wax philosophically, and shred the pit at shows. I also take pride in being a very pretty boy.

2. Where are you from? As stated, South Carolina.

3. Who is your favorite author? Ooh, tough call. Rudyard Kipling is a favorite poet, but as for authors, I'd have to go with Sun Tzu, or John Steinbeck.

4. What are your favorite films? I <3 Huckabees, Eternal Sunshine, Lost in Translation, Ghost World, The Matrix Trilogy, Seven Samurai, American History X, and more....I'm a big time movie snob.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Another tough call. At my wedding might be tough, but maybe something along the lines of The Cure's "Treasure."

6. At your funeral? A trio of small girls singing something in French.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? In a blaze of glory that will scar the minds of all who witness it. Or being murdered by someone who hates me. I like the idea that someone would have enough hatred and passion towards me to spur criminal action.

8. What kind of casket would you want? One made out of glass.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Eep! Okay. Pvc knee high boots, tight black torn jeans (torn from love!), a classic fishnet shirt, and a form-fitted button up blouse, long sleeved with ruffled cuffs. That doesn't include any of my crossdressing outfits of the past, either. Ha.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Being able to scream pretty much any time I wanted.

11. What's your favorite band? The Cure, without question, though Depeche Mode and Siouxsie are hot on their tail.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? College student of theatre and philosophy, baby. I have no future!

13. Why did you join? Always good to find other pretentious goths to debate things for pointless causes. Also, I'll be bored over Xmas break.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I would leave it ambiguous if I hadn't already ruined the surprise!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:14 AM   #3
She_Is_My_Sin

Ooh you seem rather interesting. Welcome aboard & stick around for a bit.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsNotMe
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? College student of theatre and philosophy, baby. I have no future!
Haha, welcome! I like to see quality Introductions like yours. But your specific answer above reminds me of a joke:

What do you say to a philosophy major who shows up at your door?

"How much is the pizza?"

Sorry, not a nice way to greet a newcomer I must say, but I couldn't resist. I am also a bit manic at the moment. I am sure you will have ample opportunities to make fun of me, everyone else has! Anyway, I look forward to any contributions you may post in the Literature Board. Again, welcome!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
What do you say to a philosophy major who shows up at your door?

"How much is the pizza?"
Ah, this humours me. My tour guide in France was a philosophy major, heh. Obviously it did him little good.

Welcome, GNM. You seem like a very interesting person, indeed. You claim yourself such a pretty boy, however -- have you any pictures to prove such a claim? If so, I am much intrigued, as I love a pretty boy as well as the next person here

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #6
owlx

I love all of your answers...

Quote:
7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? In a blaze of glory that will scar the minds of all who witness it. Or being murdered by someone who hates me. I like the idea that someone would have enough hatred and passion towards me to spur criminal action.
I totally agree, hah! Hatred is such a strong, passionate feeling that I'd be flattered for someone to hate me so much that they killed me.

Anyway, welcome!!
And yes...bring on the pictures.
owlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
GirlsNotMe

I'd love to post pictures because I'm narcissistic and self-absorbed, but should I do it here, or is there another thread for it, or...?

I don't want to get in trouble!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

You can post them here, or the Picture Thread in the General section.
By the way I loved this thread. It got more than a couple of laughs out of me.

So, tell me, Mr. Philosophy college student, a little about your class experiences.
I want to see my future.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:55 PM   #9
asta_tintora

Location: To the south of one thing, to the east of that one, and slightly to the right.
Heh, funny you say that about Charleston. I went there for vacation and quite liked it, but I guess the key thing is I don't live there. Lovely little Chrono Trigger icon too.
asta_tintora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:01 PM   #10
GirlsNotMe

Charleston is about as good as it gets down here. That's why I'm attending college there. It is, indeed, a beautiful city.

As for pictures:

Heh...they aren't the best examples, but they're all I got currently, and even though I got more, I don't want to come across as an egotistical jackass. Enjoy. I'll be putting them in the picture thread as well, but here so you can match the pictures with a username. They'll probably drown in that thread.

-GNM
Old 12-20-2006, 06:00 AM   #11
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Whoa! You should post those on GothOrNot dot com.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #12
disorder

Quote:

As for pictures:

Sheesh, I love your style! I saw the pictures in the Picture Post, but as I couldn't figure out if you were male or female, I thought I'd better come here *embarrassed*. You make a very pretty girl
Old 12-22-2006, 09:10 AM   #13
cradle

I looove American History X!!
Welcome to the site.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote