Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-16-2007, 04:05 AM   #51
PersephoneX

Arent they silver?

Can we spray paint silver ones black and grey? Or black and gray cammo? Or with GT stripes?
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #52
ArtificialOne

Hehe, As you wish Madam PersephoneX...lol

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #53
chelseagirl

I wear all black, as I have for the past 18 years. I don't really know why, but it's what I feel comfortable in. I've tried adding colors into my wardrobe at multiple points in my life, but I always end up feeling....uncomfortable I guess is the closest description. I feel strange in color, but I feel good in black. Also, my extensive colorful tattoos on my arms and chest look strange when I wear a top that's not black, in my opinion. I do have shoes and handbags though that are pink, leopard, blue, lime, etc. I like wearing those, but just feel strange in actual clothing that is other than black. It sure is an added benefit though, that with wearing black clothes you don't have to worry about dirt spots and such showing, haha.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #54
shelldoo

I actually, almost always, wear all black every day. Possibly once every several months I throw in some red. When I actually throw in a dash of color (99% of the time red) people always gasp I am in color. I find that humerous. I agree w/ the above post, for me the way I dress is fun and liberating, I feel it is *me* and I just plain old enjoy it.
shelldoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #55
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
So in other words, you're a poseur.
I think that the aesthetic is a really essential part of the goth subculture, it's very much about the art of appearing, if you see what I mean
Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #56
Caught

I actually study about this in school, it's something about people always want to comunicate with their behaviour and clothing too so we just want to say how we feel or we want to say something else. Maybe it's subconciously (I know it was for me, never thought about it until teacher mentioned it)but we do wear black for a reason. Goth and black, black and goth; it fits. Personally I almost always wear black things (like skirt with thsirt) and then put a vest over it to add some color (which is usuall puprle, dark red or dark green anyway) and lets not forget my sweet, blood red all time favorite boots.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #57
Minyaliel

Caught - hm, that's rather interesting.

I recently did the experiment of wearing all pastels to school. No black (or dark colours), except for my boots and my hair. It freaked everyone out, and I was commanded never to do such a thing ever again. *giggles* Another reason to wear black...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #58
kimaru

For me I guess it's sort of a comfort...They way I dress is something I have control over. Once I was dared to wear head to toe pink, but I felt naked when I wore it so I couldn't go through with it. It's sort of like people with an eating disorder, they feel like their eating is the one thing they can control in their life.
(Because I think that sounded like way to serious of an answer for such a question I shall add a happy face or two.) ^_^
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote