Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #26
Tumor

Spock is a Satanist!
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #27
BlackButterfly

You thought I was playing, maybe?

The ring...

::drops to one knee::

So um... yeah, how's about it?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #28
chelseagirl

I wouldn't really say I'm obsessive enough to be considered at "trekkie", but I do really like Star Trek, and most Sci Fi. Although, I must say that I like Battlestar Galactica and Firefly more than Star Trek *runs to take cover*

On another note, by brother is a total Trekkie who goes to conventions, and has actually learned to speak some Klingon, haha. Yes, he apparently has WAY too much time on his hands.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #29
BlackButterfly

Apparently a he and a LOT of people do... did you know that some US colleges offered Klingon as an actual, valid language course?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:09 PM   #30
Tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
The ring...

::drops to one knee::

So um... yeah, how's about it?
Let's put it this way... I promise not to tell my wife.

Wait, that's doesn't sound quite right.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:19 PM   #31
Tumor

I have a Borg-related message board if anyone cares to check it out.

Here it is!

Not much in the way of members, sadly, but I think it's cool.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #32
Encaitare

Yes.

A thousand times, yes!

I like TOS and TNG, and am now getting into Voyager. Picard is definitely a hero of mine.

One of the nicest compliments anyone's ever paid me is that apparently I remind my friend of Seven of Nine... why, oh why must the guys who really know how to treat a lady be gay? =(
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #33
Tumor

Nice. A few of my old friends would call me "Drone" because we'd get into debates, and I'd inform them that their arguments were irrelevant.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #34
Kraven de Sade

Did you know that Google has a Klingon option?

Seriously. Go to Google dot com. Next to the search box, you'll see "Advanced Search," "Preferences," and "Language Tools." Click on "Language Tools." Below the Translation stuff, you'll see the Goggle Interface options. You can chose which language that Google displays in. One of those languages is Klingon.

Damn funny.
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #35
Kraven de Sade

Oh, and something else. I figured this was the apropriate topic.

Another member here posted a link to a Trek image that I just loved, so I stole it to use as the signature at a Trek message board I frequent. I can't recall who it was who posted the image.

Here is the image. (Click)

I just want to thank whoever it was. It's a great image.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:39 AM   #36
Vako

I enjoyed the original series and just considered it as entertainment. I love science fiction, and Gene Roddenberry was of course a brilliant sci-fi writer. The Next Generation sort of bored me. And the rest of the spinnoffs did not gun my goat. A good friend liked Deep Space Nine, though. An ex-friend was into Voyager. The last one they did... what was it? The one that started with the lame rock ballad? That is when I found a piece of fat and slid off.

I felt that the Star Trek movies were Great! Good fun, and good film-making. My favorite was the one where they went back in time to 20th century San Francisco. The one with the whale. I think that was IV, The Voyage Home. What fun, and what well-done sci-fi.

I do feel however, when I see these Trekkers, that they might be a bit chronic. I can understand being a fan of someone else's work, but It might be a good idea the come up with one's own creativity. Maybe try using your own creativity and make your own science fiction universe.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:50 AM   #37
Kraven de Sade

Why shouldn't we be a bit chronic? At least we're not as anal as Star Wars fans.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:20 AM   #38
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor
Anyone remember the name of this song?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #39
republigoth

OMG!!! I just saw this thread! I'm SUCH a trekkie. I swear I watch one or two episodes everyday.

I have soooo many of these posters saved, but these two are my favs.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...igoth/Kirk.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...19975365_l.jpg

And there's this killer youtube video I have on my myspace page. Spock/Kirk set to NIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uxTpyCdriY
republigoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #40
Kraven de Sade

It was you, republigoth! Heh heh. I stole you Kirk image.

(When I saw it, I just had to have to use as the signature of my profile at a Trek board.)
Old 03-31-2007, 09:03 AM   #41
Encaitare

Has anyone watched the fanmovies Star Trek: New Voyages? I'd like to watch them but they're only available for Windows Media Player... I use a Mac and don't really want to download WMP. Just wondering if it was worth it. Or if anyone knows of some software to convert WM files to DivX or Quicktime. =P
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:07 AM   #42
prophecyofdoom

I enjoy all the Star Trek series. I've wondered why no one seemed to like Enterprise, I did, especially the character T'Pol.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #43
Alexander IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Whatever, geeks are H4WT.
couldnt agree more
and I love star trek
I love Voyager & The Next Generation
Alexander IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #44
Edward Strange

Live long and prosper my friends!

I love Star Trek, been with it a very long time. I was lucky enough to find myself around the era of Deep Space 9 and Voyager.
Wasn't too big of a fan of Enterprise (I think it's the theme song).
Or Insurrection (Just like a regular episode).
Or Nemesis (coulda been, shoulda been better).

But apart from that it's all good! And even though I'm not a huge fan of what I've mentioned above, I'll still happily watch it because it's more star trek.
Those with iTunes should check out Make It So from the boys at Simply Syndicated.
It's a wonderful little Star Trek podcast.

I'm looking forward to the new film, I'm very doubtful if it'll be very good... But I still can't wait to see it.
Star Trek will live forever, surely?

And, pardon my blasphemy, but I'm also rather a large fan of Babylon 5 (if you remove the first two seasons from the face of the Earth) and the new BSG.
But Star Trek is Star Trek!
I think DS9 would have to be my favorite.

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #45
le_revenant

Star Trek II, IV, & VI are the only Trek flicks you need!
I was a huge fan of the flicks back in their 80s hey day but never dressed up (can STILL recite huge swaths of movie dialogue tho! )

Thought the original show was ok, NextGen was cool (til the last season), DS9 was bitchin' from Seasons 3 - 7; & Voyager & Enterprise were wholly disposable (except for Enterprise's Mirror Universe episodes; they rocked!).

Til I lost cable Battlestar Galactica ruled!!!

Now I have to make do w/ fuzzy reruns of Stargate: Atlantis (Dr Weir - YUM!) on the local low-powered station.
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #46
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
How can you not like Voyager the only one to really feature the Borg (which are pretty much the vampires of star trek that could someday become reality) as part of the main plot, unlike in TNG where the only times they were featured they looked like their overprotective mothers put padding everywhere they could find. You like TNG but you don't like the movies featuring the TNG crew.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #47
Edward Strange

Because Voyager had Harry bloody Kim!

If you've seen the last ever episodes of Voyager (the two parter) then you'll see what terrible uniforms everyone wears in the future! They even have old man trousers!

from its torpor.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #48
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I've seen it yes but you can't judge a series based on just two episodes even if they are two parts of the whole ending, especialy over a simple uniform. If you will remember the original admiral's uniform design (from the first TNG episode that had an admiral in it) for TNG that was never used again due to how terrible it was. You must remember that the uniforms of Voyager's future are also the future uniforms of TNG, DS9, ENT, (Don't remember shortend version of the original series).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #49
jestercel85

I have always been a fan of ST, all of them actually. I find the first one to be a little cheesy but then again look at the time it was released and find a show that is less cheesy. I really liked DS9 after I got into it and Voyager was great. I am going to join the minority and say I really really enjoyed Enterprise, I watched it from episode one all the way through on DVD though so maybe that had something to do with it. I especially enjoyed T'Pol's character, she was a very multifaceted and deep character with a lot to learn from and you just couldn't help but identify with her.
jestercel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #50
Edward Strange

Shorthand of the Original Series -TOS.

I don't really get why people don't like Voyager either.
Despite Harry (bloody) Kim and horrific uniforms in a grim future, Voyager was rather funky.
There were perhaps a bit too perky for the situation they were in...
But I still enjoyed it.
I think my favorite Voyager character would have to be the Doctor.

And despite everything everyone says, I think they would watch an episode of Enterprise, no matter how much they claim to dislike it. Because, you know... It's Star Trek!

from its torpor.