Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
DarkChildOne

Exclamation DarkChildOne Rants

Let this be your disclaimer. If you have a problem with my rant, well.. oops. This is a topic that pisses me off and i felt i needed to share it. You have been warned. . .

Ok, i was reading about on my internet like a normal person and i come across this stuff on cutters. Well, being that i used to do it, i was curious. You wanna know what is was? It said "CUTTING! The new Youth Trend!" I was pissed. And still am. I have been battling with my sickness for some time and now these fucking preteens saying how good it feels to cut when they get their heart broken. YOU FUCKING TWATS! You have no idea what the fucking hell you are talking about! You are mocking a serious illness and using it to get attention from your parents who probably pay plenty of attention but you cant get your head out of your ass long enough to see past your own narcissus. Little 12 year olds are cutting because the love of their life left them. YOUR FUCKING 12! You MIGHT find your love at that young, not likely. So stop fucking stressing and making you life HELL. Because when you start even if you dont have the illness you will get locked up in the hospital. Stop, think, you fucking prepubescent FUCKHEADS. I hate this little cutting trend. It pisses me the hell off and makes me wanna punch a baby. Not really, but you get me.
Ok, you have a ass home life. So? You dont get a new outfit every day. You dont get to be top dog in the school popularity contest. You're FUCKIGN 12! Enjoy being young! Enjoy not having bills to pay! enjoy not working! Or rather, go to work, make money, and get the outfits you want.
Dont let some BOY who doesnt know you drop you. Dont let him win by having a horrible life. Save yourself the trouble. Dont get into relationships till you are out of highschool. Dummy.
Little kids who slit their wrists because they have nothing to do is stupid. You are stupid if you are doing it like that. Stop it. You piss off the people with real problems.

Ok, i feel better.
DarkChildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
Vako

Applause...
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
Cyntrox

Indeed. Makes me sick.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
DarkChildOne

Well, i wasnt exactly expecting a reply, maybe some flame, but thanks! ^_^
It really REALLY messes with me though.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

Just make sure you reserve your judgment, because you can't be sure if these people actually suffer from a disease or not. Wanting attention could even be part of it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
DarkChildOne

I do reserve my judgement. Thats why I understand, but when kids flash their cuts and say "Yeah, i cut myself. I'm emo." You know they need to be shoved up the ass of an epileptic polar bear and then shine a light in its eyes! Sorry, but when i have a history with the illness, it really isnt fair that they parade about with their cuts saying how sick they are. If you have a problem like that, you DONT show it off. You would go so far as to wear long sleeved shirts in the summer. I did it. I havent met one that isnt scared of being found out. Because its our way to cope with the evils of life, And when a 12 year old bitches about how they didnt get that (Insert some trendy here) and they cut themselves to get it from their parents, its..... its just sick.
I know where the ones with real problems come from. But, this trendy cutting... !@P$(&*#@_(&%(_@#$&%()$#&)(%&)(#$&%)($#&()%&
Old 05-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Well, I've never EVER seen someone go "I cut myself, I'm emo." and show off cuts. Ever. And I go to highschool, and know quite a few "emos."
I'm playing devil's advocate here, because I don't like it when mental illnesses are taken as a joke, either, but I think you're angry at a stereotype, and one that very rarely happens, at that.
Also, if someone doesn't hide their cuts, maybe they just don't care. I've got some battle wounds, too, and except for where it gets really trafficked, I don't hide them. It's not because I want attention from it; I just don't give a shit what people think of them.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
DarkChildOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Also, if someone doesn't hide their cuts, maybe they just don't care. I've got some battle wounds, too, and except for where it gets really trafficked, I don't hide them. It's not because I want attention from it; I just don't give a shit what people think of them.
Well, i'll give you that one. But, at the school i go to i have seen 7 and only 2 have actual problems.

But, like i said it was a rant, i was going through photobucket and found a shitload of "cutter" icons when i was looking for a pic of a cutting torch.
So, thats why.
And yes, i am angry at the stereotypes. All of them. They all make the originals look bad. And goths dont need help! he he he
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #9
Valerius

If I were you I'd teach them the proper way of slitting wrists - down along the arm and not across. That'll kill off those pesky kids for sure. I have some scars myself, but it's on my outer arm where I etched 3.5 (my failing GPA) so I'd remind myself to do better next semester. I didn't do it to get attention, but I did it to punish myself while at the same time using it as a tool to get better grades.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #10
Senor_Sadomachism

LMFAO!!!! HAHAHA *not laughing at this, I just reminded myself of this friend I have, she told everyone her aunt beat her so she cut herself and showed me the marks, I started laughing!!! They weren't cuts they just looked like a cat scratched her. Then she did it again to other friends, told them what happened and next thing you know she says all smily "And look I cut myself!" But hey just because she is an attention whore doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking to her, I don't know her that well so I don't know what she's really going through. In the meantime I'll just give her someone to talk too. By the way what ARE exactly REAL problems? I've never gone through stuff like this so what is it exactly?
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
Vako

If I had to venture a guess, which I am proceeding to do, I would say the people who used that phrase are trying to distinguish between problems that happen to someone that are out of their control, and the kind of problems that people sometimes bring upon themselves with bad decision-making or drama queens.

Other than that, there are problems that one can avoid, then take care of, and problems that are foisted upon us like a flier for a dodgy nightclub stuck under our windshield wiper. You don't have to go to the club, but you couldn't avoid the fact that the person stuck it on your car. Then you have to remove it manually and throw it away.

So that's the guess I ventured. I proceeded to do it.

Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
Lapin

Oh, I get this exactly.

You see, I have a seasonal-depression issue. Whatever. Passes every winter. When it first started, it was out of my control it seemed, and I was very . . . well, just very gone. Though tempted, I was always able to stop myself from going 'all the way' and really hurting myself, but I came very close several times. Scarily close. During this horrible depression, I did hide it, and instead lashed out in anger at everyone, really just hating myself. In therapy, I learned this was not uncommon.

Now, in my last year of high school, I see these freshman who run around saying how they have so many problems, etc. They also seem rather proud of their cuts. Now, I ended up knowing a real cutter (she had a very verbally abusive stepfather who after seven years, made her feel she was worthless) (She smokes now instead) and she hid it, very well I might add.

These ones who brag about it seem to want only attention. Like those kids who smoke not out of any type of pleasure gained, but because it looks cool. Or the ones who drink for the same reason.

Personally, I'm a bit sickened by them.

Grow up. Deal with your petty, day-by-day problems like an adult and suck it up.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote