Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
Splintered

Getting my Lazy Ass Out of Bed

It's been pointed out to me that I haven't exercised too much in the past few... Months.

So, I'm wondering if any of you guys work out, and what do you do? I'm fishing for a lot of ideas these days.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Well for me I do the video games diet, how it works is you play video games soo much you forget to eat when you don't need to and only eat when your body tells you to. Just how nature intended.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Jillian works out. Then if he cannot persuade someone in a debate, he'll beat the shit out of them!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
raggedyanne

2 to 3 hours of latin dance training a week and strength training
2 hours of intense dog walking per week (google: Basenji energy level)
30 min. Yoga every evening
1 fitness run in P.E. per week (1 to 2 miles)
I have a 10 year old sister (nuf said)

I guess that counts as working out/ exercise
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
deafasadoornail

I have found two workout methods that work for me.

1) Get out of bed at the crack of dawn, before you are actually awake. Throw on clothes (put out the night before) and go exercise. Wake up during exercise, get pissed off and exercise harder. Go home.

2) Wait until the end of the day, after dinner. Get bored and antsy. Go exercise. Go home, shower, and climb the walls for a couple of hours because you're all revved up. Good method for insomniacs since nothing worth watching comes on TV before 10 pm anyway.

As far as the type of exercise, it doesn't actually matter much. I've jogged, walked, done Pilates, tried yoga and lived at the gym. They all work to one degree or another.
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
Zenit

Do like me. Go to youtube, type in "pilates" in the search-bar, select 10 min program as you wish an repeat as many times as necessary. Or just walk. A lot.

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
Tismine

160 lunges
150 crunches
50 situps
50 lemon-squeezers
30 pushups
1-2 hours trapeze
30 minutes contortion
Whatever else I can think of
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
Saddiction

Why is this in the Fashion section?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

It's related to body and body image.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #10
Saddiction

There is a dieting, excersize, weight loss thread already
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=5436

The description for the fashion section is DIY and hair stuff. Working out is the last thing that comes to mind, so I just thought I'd ask.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
Splintered

Yeah. That thread looks alot more like it's focused on exercise then I thought it was when I looked at it last night.

My bad.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #12
zombisoup

Jump roping is always a fun workout to me. You can do some other things while doing that. Like listen to music or watch TV.
Also DDR. Everyone loves DDR.

But if you don't want to do neither, and you have plenty of free time, go for a walk! u:
A really, really long one. So then you get angry when you have to walk a lot back, and get tired, and feel like you've ran for an hour instead.

Or you could get a yoga ball and do every exercise possible on it, with more fun~ :"D
zombisoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #13
prophecyofdoom

I do a workout video in the morning, and another at night. I have many that I picked up at secondhand stores. If I don't have time/space/access to a television, I just do as much as I can. I have a membership at a gym, and I go when I get the chance. Before children, it was four times a week, now it's more like once a month. The important thing is to push yourself to keep going with it even after you (inevitably) end up missing a few workout sessions. It's so easy to let it slide and before you know it weeks have gone by. I keep telling myself I'm going to jog while watching t.v. or do crunches or leglifts or something, but I always want to relax and really savour my few hours of television.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #14
the-broken-harlequin

After school I go home and lift weights until about seven PM, and repeat it until the weekends.
On the weekends I spend the day on a rowing machine.
Some say I exercise too much and don't eat enough.
Hopefully I should be quite thin By the end of july.
I also like listening to LBC radio while I do it.

Last edited by the-broken-harlequin; 06-17-2007 at 05:41 AM. Reason: LBC radio
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #15
Minyaliel

For me, it depends on where I am, really. My family's got a summer house in the wilderness (untamed wilderness complete with mountains, a huge lake and more), where I usually go on long walks/ climbs through the forests (which means that I might just hang from a huge rock if I'm spotted, though usually unsecured - I'm one hell of an adrenaline freak) or go swimming if the water isn't too cold. Long rowing/ paddling trips with either my boat or canoe aren't excluded, either. But when I'm in the city, I dance, do very physical drama exercises, qigong and walk around for hours with a trolley full of hundreds of newspapers. Also, I found that running after the bus for five years in platform shoes has given me a much better health condition (except for a few sprained ankles the first few weeks), in addition to being in schools with no alternative to the hundreds of stairs that led up to the classrooms...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote