Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 12:32 PM   #376
Daz

heh, i was about to study when i found my pharmacology notes and in the section on LSD there was a little bit of useless information i just thought i would share

usual dose of LSDis 20 -50 micrograms and only ~1% (300-500 nanograms) actually enters the brain
if an elephant was given 297mg/7000 lbs, the equivalent to 6.62 mg in man, the elephant would die within a few hours
Old 02-22-2004, 12:41 PM   #377
Spraeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
heh, i was about to study when i found my pharmacology notes and in the section on LSD there was a little bit of useless information i just thought i would share

usual dose of LSDis 20 -50 micrograms and only ~1% (300-500 nanograms) actually enters the brain
if an elephant was given 297mg/7000 lbs, the equivalent to 6.62 mg in man, the elephant would die within a few hours
ok... so is the person who did the study about elephants ODing on hallucinogenics the same person that did the study about drunk ants?

What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven too?
Old 02-22-2004, 12:47 PM   #378
Daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz

ok... so is the person who did the study about elephants ODing on hallucinogenics the same person that did the study about drunk ants?
heh i dont know, but im sure there is a way to find out :twisted:
Old 02-22-2004, 01:00 PM   #379
ohthefuckwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz

heh i dont know, but im sure there is a way to find out :twisted:
and are any of these the same people who found out about the 30 minute pig orgasm??

'cause....drugs & livestock seem to go hand-in-hand.....around here, anyway.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #380
ohthefuckwell

(back to my original reason for pulling up this thread...)

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*snarl*

i feel better.....

no....no, i don't. not at all, actually.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:35 PM   #381
Perfectly_Flawed

*throws OTFW a cushion and a gun*

Cheer up. Take your frustration out on the poor, defenseless cushion.

As it turns out, my dad's friend isn't staying over (at our house) for a few days. He was actually joking. Well, sort of. He wanted to see whether we'd make room for him, should he need a place to crash.

:?
Old 02-22-2004, 05:43 PM   #382
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectly_Flawed

That could be taken several ways, you know.

Randomness: have you ever seen representatives from three different Christian denominations argue with each other about your mortal soul at the same time? A Catholic, a Baptist, and a Mormon. 'Twas rather funny, even if it did lower my faith in churches by a few notches.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #383
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurai
Quote:

Randomness: have you ever seen representatives from three different Christian denominations argue with each other about your mortal soul at the same time? A Catholic, a Baptist, and a Mormon. 'Twas rather funny, even if it did lower my faith in churches by a few notches.
Isnt that a joke? A Catholic, aBaptist, and aMormon walk into a bar...

I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Old 02-22-2004, 05:55 PM   #384
Asurai

Actually, it wasn't a joke, but it has the makings of one. And it was a WalMart that they were walking into.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #385
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Quote:

To clarify - I meant it in the Analyze This sense.

Quote:
I'm part-atheist. I don't believe in the existence of the Christian God, but I do believe that there is some higher power. Nameless, faceless ... doesn't ask to be recognized.

To everyone else, I say: to each his own.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:09 PM   #386
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
Usually I cut my own hair, but when I can
afford it, it's nice to get it done properly.
I don't know many others who cut their own hair. Well, if I need my hair trimmed, I'll get my dad to do it. But for the front and sides, I do my own styling.

Part of the reason is the cost of going to the hairdressers ... and the other is that I just know what I want. So if I can do it myself, why pay another to do the same job? Better to make my own mistakes. And I have so made a hair blunder before - mistakened the hair-trimming scissors for the thinning scissors. Argh, that was a shitty accident.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:13 PM   #387
Perfectly_Flawed

Second randomness: My bird is officially adorable. Daria is gradually getting used to being out of her cage, and perching on my hands. She's so insistent on me playing with her ... is very vocal about her wants.

She's finally warming to me...

I'll post pics of her and my previous bird, Dewey, later. ^_^
Old 02-22-2004, 07:35 PM   #388
blueblood1900

Quote:

Been there, done that -- I can sympathize.

It really does have the makings of a joke though.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:45 PM   #389
ohthefuckwell

Quote:

perfectly, the thought of me being in possession of a gun while in my recent/current emotional state is a very scary thing. consider this a warning to all pillows.....among other things.

i'm tired. i'm tired of only being able to finally crawl into bed when i reach the point of complete exhaustion & utter delirium. and even then, tossing & turning for the couple of hours i'm horizontal. i'm tired of my head pounding. i'm tired of my current record for "longest length of time without crying" being only about 20 minutes or so. i'm tired of feeling like i can no longer function as (at least) a semi-competent human being, much less one of the female variety. i'm tired of feeling so inconsequential. i'm tired of feeling that NOT ONE word i say matters. i'm tired of knowing that everything i built my whole world around for pretty much my ENTIRE adult life wasn't real & has absolutely no meaning any more....at least not in a positive way. i'm tired of feeling less desireable than the plague. i'm tired of feeling about as womanly as max klinger. i'm tired of people telling me that i just need to get laid & THAT will somehow magically make everything better. i'm tired of being told that all of this is happening for a reason, what doesn't kill me will make me stronger, i'm not going to be given any more than i can handle, or any of the many variations i've heard thusfar. i'm tired of being lied to. i'm tired of hoping, wishing, praying, and dreaming. i'm tired of pretending. i'm tired of fucking things up. i'm tired. tired. just so very tired.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:02 PM   #390
Spraeg

I have a job again!!!!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy... I've been out of work for almost two months, now I have a job again, and it's one that pays well, and has very good opportunities for advancement (In one year, I can be a branch manager, making insane amounts of money....).... I'm so happy.....

What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven too?
Old 02-23-2004, 06:07 PM   #391
Perfectly_Flawed

^^
Congrats on getting the job, Spraeg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohthefuckwell
perfectly, the thought of me being in possession of a gun while in my recent/current emotional state is a very scary thing. consider this a warning to all pillows.....among other things.
How about some icecream instead, then?

Quote:
i'm tired. i'm tired of only being able to finally crawl into bed when i reach the point of complete exhaustion & utter delirium. and even then, tossing & turning for the couple of hours i'm horizontal. i'm tired of my head pounding. i'm tired of my current record for "longest length of time without crying" being only about 20 minutes or so. i'm tired of feeling like i can no longer function as (at least) a semi-competent human being, much less one of the female variety. i'm tired of feeling so inconsequential. i'm tired of feeling that NOT ONE word i say matters. i'm tired of knowing that everything i built my whole world around for pretty much my ENTIRE adult life wasn't real & has absolutely no meaning any more....at least not in a positive way. i'm tired of feeling less desireable than the plague. i'm tired of feeling about as womanly as max klinger. i'm tired of people telling me that i just need to get laid & THAT will somehow magically make everything better. i'm tired of being told that all of this is happening for a reason, what doesn't kill me will make me stronger, i'm not going to be given any more than i can handle, or any of the many variations i've heard thusfar. i'm tired of being lied to. i'm tired of hoping, wishing, praying, and dreaming. i'm tired of pretending. i'm tired of fucking things up. i'm tired. tired. just so very tired.
Do you have any true friends who you can turn to? It sounds like you could desperately use the support right now. Even if you can find just one other person who you can cry with - it could make a world of difference. Because then you'll realize that you're not alone, and that you don't have to go through this by yourself.

Otherwise ... all I can suggest is that you escape from it all. Get out of the house for a while, camp out by a lake/park/beach/mountains and for a moment, try not to think about your current problems. Find a distraction. Right now, the conflicts in your life are all-consuming (my assumption), and they seem to be preventing you from reaping any enjoyment out of life. Re-connect with the person that you were before all the chaos, before everything went wrong.

Escapism is my solution, for when I'm depressed.

As for feeling as "womanly as max klinger" ... well, hey. At least you still have your sense of humour. A dry one, at that ... ... hmm, my antidote for that is a night out on the town with a few girl friends. (Not sure if you're that kind of person...). Getting dolled up, primping and pampering before taking on the night in a pair of stilettos usually works for me.

... Ok, ok, I don't own a pair of stilettos ... but you might?

Anyway, I hope I've been of some help. If you need to, let it all out in here, pour out your feelings and anxieties. I don't know about everyone else, but I'll be here to listen.

*hugs OTFW*
Old 02-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #392
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
^^
Congrats on getting the job, Spraeg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohthefuckwell
How about some icecream instead, then?

Quote:
tired. tired. just so very tired.

*hugs OTFW*

Empty_Purple_Stars Grabs Flamethrower and Gasoline and Starts to Laugh...

Time to clean the pool.............................................. ........
Old 02-23-2004, 06:39 PM   #393
Perfectly_Flawed

Let the flames kiss the sky, huh ...
Old 02-23-2004, 06:59 PM   #394
ohthefuckwell

thank you, perfectly.

actually, no ice cream right now, thanks. food of any kind is not currently my friend. as far as other friends go....lol. we'll just leave it at that. not real big on stilettos, but i do have a vast array of cfm shoes & boots. i don't think they'd do me any good right now. and my humor....well, that & my kids are the only things keeping me from either climbing a tower with an ak-47 or calling kevorkian right now.

*hugs backatcha*

oh....and which pool is it that's being cleaned?
Old 02-23-2004, 07:23 PM   #395
Perfectly_Flawed

As my friend says, "No wucken furries".

I like your sig, btw... "don't make someone a priority if they only treat you like an option". I'm big on self-respect and not being treated like a doormat.

The phone's been pretty hot this morning ... calls coming in every few minutes. A woman I just spoke to had a killer name - Amorisa. That just rolls off your tongue like melted Lindt chocolate. Melikes.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:27 PM   #396
Daz

a light fog has settled over the city tonight, just enough to shimmer under the street lamps, but when you look up you can see all the stars shining
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 PM   #397
RetroGoth_queen

What is going to happen to society if the people who have the least brains have the most children? *generalisation*
Old 02-25-2004, 05:03 AM   #398
Daz

i've been walking to work lately, its about 45 min each way. In the mornings it is very peaceful, although a little cold (-14 C this morning). the air is crisp, the roads are empty it's almost still. by the time i get home i'm usually pretty whiped since i rarely get the chance to stop and sit when i am at work. yesterday was really odd though. i spent all day waiting for a proceedure to begin. i had to stay clean so i couldnt actually do any other work. spent the whole day reading the protocols of several investigators, sometimes they are interesting, others are actually rather disturbing. at the end of the day the guy i was supposed to be working with finally shows up (he's a med student so i give him credit for making it there at all) and tells me they dont need my help after all. hurray, i just waisted my entire day. no big deal, i got some paper work done, helped out my manager in exchange for an hour and a half of overtime pay (time and a half). walked back home with a friend of mine and everything seemed pretty normal until i sat down. i felt completely drained, no emotion, no thought. i sat online for hours unable to figure out anything else to do. i could barely bring myself to have an intellegent conversation on icq, i just couldnt see the point. this morning is quite the same, usually i would be moving about the house getting ready for work. i havent even made my lunch yet and ive been up just under an hour.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:10 AM   #399
WolfMoon

g

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGoth_queen
What is going to happen to society if the people who have the least brains have the most children? *generalisation*
We normally call that irony,it's tragic.I think people with certain IQ levels should be sterilized,but that's just my opinion.

Daz,I hope everything is better today.You probably just need to get away,just for one day.Sorry,couldn't help it.Get out and do something or spend a day sleeping,luv.Sounds like you need a hug...*hugs Daz*
Old 02-25-2004, 05:35 PM   #400
blueblood1900

Haha

My gem of randomness for the day:

This conversation took place at work between myself and a coworker.

Me: I'm so excited, I'm going to a concert in two and a half weeks. I wish it were this weekend.

Coworker: Oh, cool, what band is playing?

Me: They're called London After Midnight; one of my favorite bands.

Coworker: I've never heard of them. What kind of music do they play? Rock n' roll?

Me: Hmm.. I'd say you could call it deathrock/gothic-type music.

Coworker: Oh! So like Metallica? Right?

Me: Er... well... No.
Closed Thread