Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #151
bleedingheart344

Thanks It's Jilli's picture you can use it if you wish.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #152
Vako

L.A., but my parents kept buying and selling houses, so I've lived all over Southern California. My favorite place was our house in a rural area of Orange County. Then they ripped me from that place and we moved to a place in North San Diego county. That is where I attended highschool, my "coming of age" years. Then they moved again and I ran away and... <click>
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #153
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Where am I from? Good question. Officialy, i was born in Siberia, Russia but my mother's profession had the two of us thrown to Moscow, and then to boston, masachussetts and then to Vienna, Austria which is where I am right now.

Do I like it? As to Russia, I die of nostagy when away and can't wait to get out when there. Vienna is different. I like the cleanness and orderliness of the town. i like the cafés and the clubs and the parks...and most of all i like that this is the first place I've lived in for longer than 3 years and therefore have managed to really know the town.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #154
Shyantra

Originally from Oregon.

Boring....Zzzz....

*wakes up*

Huh? Oh yea. Not much else than that, but I have been to other countries: Spain, Japan, etc.. And I am going to Malaysia this summer hopefully.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #155
Mirazatha

St. John;s, Newfoundland, Canada. Most of the time i enjoy it, and winters normally arent too bad, but for some reason we had a rediculous amount of snow/drifts around my house, so theres like a 10foot high wall of ice/snow at the end of my driveway, and the car is half buried...
Mirazatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #156
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyantra
Originally from Oregon.

Boring....Zzzz....

*wakes up*

Huh? Oh yea. Not much else than that, but I have been to other countries: Spain, Japan, etc.. And I am going to Malaysia this summer hopefully.
Just out of curiosity, what lures you to Malaysia?

I'll probably be back there in the summer myself, actually (though it'll be winter down here in the Southern hemisphere). I could be your tour guide, haha.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #157
raggedyanne

Norcal: land of the preppy-emos

if you ever encounter marin, turn and run. You know that sign half-way across the golden gate bridge that says "now entering Marin County?" When you see it, pull a U-turn.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #158
killer_asian_Dax

Awwww I love taking day hikes in Marin County! But I probably love it BECAUSE I don't live there and only ever spend a day up there at a time.

I've never encountered these preppy emos you speak of, but that could be because I just moved there. I'm originally from Socal.

(and yes- I do have a socal sticker on my car)

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #159
Heatherzilla

I'm from Melbourne in Australia which I love. Melbourne is by far the best city that I have lived in. . Everybody come to Melbourne.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #160
mrs.wes straker

NJ now Florida
Old 03-02-2007, 09:37 PM   #161
dark_dragon_of_ice

I live in the capital of New Zealand. Its called Wellington and is at the bottom of the North Island.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #162
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
L.A., but my parents kept buying and selling houses, so I've lived all over Southern California. My favorite place was our house in a rural area of Orange County.
Which canyon?

Silverado, here. Represent. :P

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #163
Underwater Ophelia

I'm from about 15 minutes from Haunted House's...house. PA...but instead of living in a neighborhood or anything, I live on a farm. It's pretty nice and we have sheep and whatnot. I really like my house and where I live, but I hate the area. It's just...boring.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #164
alshio

I live in south west Sydney in a tiny little suburb the hardly anyone knows about (Bow Bowing.) I like it here, sure it's an absolute bitch to get into the city and the area has a bit of a dodgy reputation, but it's not that bad really.
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #165
mrs.wes straker

oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wes straker
NJ now Florida
didn't read the directions the 1st time 'round
Orlando FL is OK ....OK weather.... enough to do. **Likes it.**
Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 AM   #166
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
Which canyon?

Silverado, here. Represent. :P

Drake
Yes, Silverado. Just out of curiosity, when did you live there? I lived there in the 80's.

What's your work in Japan?
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 AM   #167
Drake Dun

[quote=Vako]Yes, Silverado. Just out of curiosity, when did you live there? I lived there in the 80's.[quote]

Honestly, I can't remember. I was going into the fifth grade when we moved in, and I am 28 now, so you can do the math if (unlike me) you can remember how old people are in the fifth grade. After high school I went to school up in the Bay area, then came back down after getting my B.A. and lived in the Canyon again while getting my J.D., and after that I left and came here.

Quote:
What's your work in Japan?
Translation and teaching business English, both on a freelance/independent contracting basis.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #168
XxDeranged InsanityxX

I'm from hudson falls it's a small town in new york.It's kind of boring and most of the people are jackasses and everyone knows everyones business.So i guess i hate it.
XxDeranged InsanityxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #169
Alaizabel Cray

I'm from a terrible suburban city in SoCal. All I really want is a little more nature, and some more weather (we barely get two separate seasons, I'd like to be able to notice all four. Especially rain, it never rains here. And, well, the politics in this city are a disaster. I'd run for mayor in a few years to fix things, if it wasn't rigged. I guess you could say I hate the actual city, but I do love my friends who live here.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #170
Lucretia_my_Reflection

I live in a relatively moderate sized town near one of the cities in Australia with a really good goth community, i live in Maleny which is about an hour or so from Brisbane.
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #171
eversifer

Well, I don't think that you will be interested of my town because my country is small.

So, I will say just that i am from Romania.
eversifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:32 AM   #172
Aaroneet

I currently reside in Flushing, New York.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 AM   #173
Romantic Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by eversifer
Well, I don't think that you will be interested of my town because my country is small.

So, I will say just that i am from Romania.
Good goth... I thought I was the only one from this godforsaken country! What town are you from?
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #174
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Corona California. Nice place. I like it. The Showcase Theatre is just 3 miles from my house, so I get to enjoy live music every weekend.

Miss Clay: I keep thinking you live in Santa Clarita for some reason. Am I close?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #175
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

I'm from a small city called San Fernando, in Andalucia (Spain). Heat, sun, inexistent scene, lots of narrow-minded people. I hate it with all my soul... luckily I'll soon be moving to a larger city (Granada, if you want to know)
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote