Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Question How should I dye my hair?

Ok, this is a little question that has been around my mind for some time and I wanted advice:

I have brown eyes, pale skin, and oval face complexion. My hair is light brown, straight, and long (up to my waist). I have wanted to dye it in some shade of red for a long time. I think that a dark shade of red would look better than blood red, but I'm not sure. I also have doubts whether if I should be bold and dye all of my hair, or dye only chunks of it, or get highlights, or dye it with soft stuff like henna. Which do you like more? Which do you think will look better on me?

By the way, my eyebrows are very dark (black in fact), do you think it will look very funny when my hair is dyed? Should I dye my eyebrows too? (I wouldn't like to) Maybe if I make them thinner it would look less strange?
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Methadrine

You should dye it dark red if you got dark eyes. Don't dye the eyebrows, the inconsistent look won't be noticed but people will sense that somethings not quite right and that adds the feeling of "mysterious person".

(and good goth™, hair to the waist is so beautiful. *melts*)

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Alaizabel Cray

Ooh, reds are very fun colors for hair. If you want a sort of natural look, go for more of an auburn to pick up the tones in your skin and eyes that naturally complement the brown. Otherwise, I agree with Meth, dark red would work really well. A nice rich red, with the dark eyes, and against the fair skin, should look fantastic. Don't bother with the eyebrows, I don't think. You say your hair is light, and your eyebrows are dark, so they're naturally two different colors anyways. It'll look fine.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
You should dye it dark red if you got dark eyes. Don't dye the eyebrows, the inconsistent look won't be noticed but people will sense that somethings not quite right and that adds the feeling of "mysterious person".

(and good goth™, hair to the waist is so beautiful. *melts*)
gOOD goth! That sounds familar, really eX Dee. God I had hopes to give you better advice on hair killing. But apparently I do not.
Goth Forever
Old 06-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
Cicero

I agree with the others - go for the dark red. Something along the lines of Manic Panic's 'Vampire Red' would go nicely with dark eyes. I'd also say dying the whole lot would look the best. Streaks of dark red in light brown doesn't quite look right. And as a start I'd stick with an ammonia-free semi-permanent hair dye. Henna is also an option but don't be mistaken that it's any softer. Henna is so strong in can't be bleached out, the only difference is that it's less damaging.

If your eyebrows stand out too much you'd be better to pluck them than dye them, especially since they're black. It probably won't be a problem though.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

I was indeed thinking about plucking my eyebrows thinner (since they're actually pretty thick). I thought that dyeing them would look too freaky, but it will look too funny if my hair is red and there's a huge contrast (ok, right now there's also a little contrast, but as my hair isn't dyed I would say it looks "right"). Soo, plucking does seem the best option.

I have tried this amoniac-free dye before, and I must say it worked well. However, my hair turned blond when the dye went away... well, I'll deal with that when it comes.
I had though of henna because it gives a more natural colour, as I have understood? I've never tried that, though.

By the way, I'm happy you like my long hair I love it too.
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote