Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #51
Aaroneet

Thanks, Don't Look Behind You. I do subscribe to the theory, though, that dreams are repressed thoughts that can't get out during the day. They're ways your subconscious speaks to you, and you could go mad without that "open door". If you have a nightmare, it probably means that something is up in your life, colloquially speaking. Especially a recurring one.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #52
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroneet
Thanks, Don't Look Behind You. I do subscribe to the theory, though, that dreams are repressed thoughts that can't get out during the day. They're ways your subconscious speaks to you, and you could go mad without that "open door". If you have a nightmare, it probably means that something is up in your life, colloquially speaking. Especially a recurring one.
yes, well it's not something that could be proved. I personally think the subconscious "speaks" to you in all your thoughts and actions and associations. Partly in dreams too, I guess...but only partly. Most of the symbolism in dreams is in my opinion not symbolism at all but simply a mind trying to relax and leting the imagination play. There is always the danger of overinterpreting something that isn't even there.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #53
DeathChii

I think it depends on the person.
I think My dreams are my subconcious, because almost everything I dream about realates to it.
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:34 AM   #54
Cyntrox

Tonight I had a strange dream... There was a bird's nest, and I was warned not to take its eggs, but I did, then I ran home. When I ran, a strong wind came, and almost hindered me completely from moving forward, but eventually I got there. When I arrived, I went into my room. It was in its usual place, but it looked completely different. I think it resembled how my room was a few weeks ago. But in there was the bird of which I had stolen the eggs. It attacked me, ripping out one of my eyes. Then it started talking to me, threatening me... I begged it not to hurt me any more, and eventually it didn't, and flew away.

I have a feeling that this dream is significant. Aaroneet?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #55
Underwater Ophelia

I had a nightmare last night that I was having a huge dinner party, with virtually everyone I know. My dad came with this gross, stupid, trailer trash girlfriend, and she was humiliating my mother in front of everyone. I ended up ruining her dress with spaghetti sauce and literall throwing her out of my house.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #56
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
Tonight I had a strange dream... There was a bird's nest, and I was warned not to take its eggs, but I did, then I ran home. When I ran, a strong wind came, and almost hindered me completely from moving forward, but eventually I got there. When I arrived, I went into my room. It was in its usual place, but it looked completely different. I think it resembled how my room was a few weeks ago. But in there was the bird of which I had stolen the eggs. It attacked me, ripping out one of my eyes. Then it started talking to me, threatening me... I begged it not to hurt me any more, and eventually it didn't, and flew away.

I have a feeling that this dream is significant. Aaroneet?

Okay...I'll dismember this, symbol by symbol. Animals are often symbolic of a human trait. The fact that your dream contained a proverbial "bird's nest" indicated a maternal figure. The idea of you taking eggs could symbolize wrongdoing. Usually, there is guilt associated with the dream when someone keeps reappearing the way the bird does. The room, in that case, would resemble the surroundings with which you associated the wrongdoing, or the time period in which you committed the wrongdoing. It could also symbolize discomfort, in that it is unfamiliar, seemingly in a bad way. Then again, I would need to know how you felt when you entered the room; specifically about the room. It could also symbolize a return to an unpleasant feeling, likely brought out by circumstance, hence the feeling that someone or something is trying to "eat you alive". The fact that the bird went away could simply mean that the dream was a reliving of those past, uncomfortable circumstance, and nothing more. Oftentimes, our dreams reenact a previous experience that was bad.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #57
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I had a nightmare last night that I was having a huge dinner party, with virtually everyone I know. My dad came with this gross, stupid, trailer trash girlfriend, and she was humiliating my mother in front of everyone. I ended up ruining her dress with spaghetti sauce and literall throwing her out of my house.

This is one of those "what if", also known as the "fear dream". Your mind is reenacting a worst-case scenario that has been fermenting in the confines of your mind. Or, it could symbolize an emergence of what is unwelcome into your life, in which case, you have to make peace with it.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #58
badteccy

The thing is, I don't remember what most of my dreams are about, but when I wake up I have a scared and icky feeling because they are usually bad. It may be because I am starting college in the fall and I am a little scared about it?
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #59
Cyntrox

I think it felt like my room - but I pretty much only felt fear because the bird was there. I didn't believe it when someone said that something bad would happen if I took the eggs. They didn't look like normal eggs anyways, they were... Cube shaped? I think.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #60
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
The thing is, I don't remember what most of my dreams are about, but when I wake up I have a scared and icky feeling because they are usually bad. It may be because I am starting college in the fall and I am a little scared about it?

It sounds like you hit the nail on the head.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #61
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
I think it felt like my room - but I pretty much only felt fear because the bird was there. I didn't believe it when someone said that something bad would happen if I took the eggs. They didn't look like normal eggs anyways, they were... Cube shaped? I think.

The eggs symbolize a disturbance, and taking them symbolizes that the circumstance was brought about by your own actions. It sounds like a "guilt dream". The room, then, is symbolic of a return to comfort, and most likely serves as the setting for when the disturbance started occurring in your life.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #62
mindless1

I haven't had a dream in quite awhile. They're mostly just thoughts I recognize going on in my subconcious. But I sometimes would have the most long vivid dreams. My longest one actually included going to sleep and waking up, having a sleepover with a friend, visiting someone and the weather which turned from sunny to raining. Sometimes they would be very lucid and clear, I've had a few flying dreams. I had one which I remember was neat because I learned how to fly in a straight direction and I actually watched myself rise above my house into the skies.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #63
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroneet
This is one of those "what if", also known as the "fear dream". Your mind is reenacting a worst-case scenario that has been fermenting in the confines of your mind. Or, it could symbolize an emergence of what is unwelcome into your life, in which case, you have to make peace with it.
If this thread was meant for you to interperet dreams, I'm sorry I didn't know that; I thought it was just to say what dreams you'd had.
In any case, don't take this the wrong way, but please don't analyze my dreams. I can do it myself, and I don't actually believe in anyone analyzing dreams except the dreamer. It's far too personal, and what symbols mean what is only true some of the time, depending on the dreamer.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #64
Aaroneet

People started asking me to do that, but you're right; I shouldn't Sorry about that.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #65
Underwater Ophelia

I don't care if you do it for other people, that's not my business. Just not me, please.
It's all gravy.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #66
Aaroneet

Okay, I won't do it for you. No harm done.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #67
Lapin

My dreams are ofen random assortments of my friends speaking while I'm an observer.

My nightmares always involve water.

In one, I was in a giant marble building. The fountain started to overflow and turned into this great gushing blast. I ended up in a dead end hallway but before the water drowned me I woke up.

There was a particularly horrible one not long ago.

I was at the beach, North Shore, but the beach was very steep for some reason. I noticed the waves were getting bigger and bigger. I tried to run away, and eventually made it to my house, which was an odd hybrid of my grandmother's house and mine.

I tried to hide from the water, but as I was crouched in the corner, I realized it was a dream. I tried digging my nails into my palms to wake up, but couldn't. Then I tried to control the dream and drive away from the water, but that failed too.

It kind of sucked, because I was well aware I was dreaming and couldn't get out of it.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #68
Underwater Ophelia

I've been having a lot of **** dreams lately, and it's really started to get to me.
I had one where Jack Nicholson and my brother ***** me.
Last night I had a dream I was going to this summer camp for models, and we were tubing or something. I fell off, and even though I'm a strong swimmer, I had to be rescued because the speed and everything, and then the guy who rescued me tried to put my hand on his penis, and then forced me to give him head.
It was terrible.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #69
DeathChii

I had such a loooong dream last night... let's see what I can remember!
Ok so...
I remember I skipped math class... My math teacher was really pissed and went around looking for me... Me and my friends were just hanging out and we thought it would be funny to just walk in to another class that was going on, about words or something?? O_o I went out to go to the washroom and my math teacher saw me and started flipping out. I told him my parents were just about to call and sign me out... He was really pissed and started telling me I couldn't drive or something =\ next thing I knew I was in his car calling my mom, and he was listening in on the conversation making sure I wasn't lying... I told my mom to come and sign me out... She came and I told her I had a special english class and I had to miss math and please tell the teacher that. So next thing I knew I was back at school and my parents said I was signed out. But I had to go to my next class.

Here's where it gets kinda cool xP (At least for me O_o)
So my next class, the project was to go to the hidden forest and pick up mushrooms. Who ever picks up the most mushrooms wins. [These were magic mushrooms! >< The teacher didn't know that though, neither did most of the students...] anyway it was all magical but very dark. There were mushrooms in a few corners I picked up. I went farther in to the forest where I entered a secret portal and found myself in a garder surrounded my hundreds and hundreds of shrooms. I put them in my bag and went back to the school. It was nightime... my mom was there to pick me up and she wanted to try some shrooms. I freaked out, but gave her a tiny bit so it was too little to actually do anything. [she didn't know they were drugs] I had some too [but not too much because I was going through depersonalization and didn't want to freak out!] but I was still a bit mind fucked and I was seeing some pretty cool shit, even though there was only a little of it. I went downstairs to my friend and yelled out her name [cause I wanted to tell her I was on shrooms, and I wanted to tell her I had shrooms] but everyone else who was there [it was like a circle] screamed at me to shut up.

Then next thing I knew it was afternoon and I had to get on the bus home. For some reason the cops were there searching everyones bags! I was like "wtf? why" and so I managed to avoid the cop, but he eventually came up to me. Before he did anything I told him we had a project at school where we had to pick up mushrooms. For some reason he said "I don't have the right back up, or authoraty, to check if your mushrooms are harmful" and he didn't even check... so I got on the bus... For some reason the bus driver was my math teacher... not the angry one... my ACTUAL math teacher from this year...

There's a lot more to it but I can't remember =\
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 08-17-2007, 12:34 AM   #70
disorder

I had a really funny one the other night.
I was at Hogwarts, chillin', as you do, when HumanePain comes up to me and tells me that when he was 13 he turned his wife into a lightbulb.

It was a nice dream
Old 08-17-2007, 12:34 AM   #71
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder
I had a really funny one the other night.
I was at Hogwarts, chillin', as you do, when HumanePain comes up to me and tells me that when he was 13 he turned his wife into a lightbulb.

It was a nice dream
LULZ hihi cute
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 08-17-2007, 12:47 AM   #72
NachtSorcier

I had a dream recently that was totally fucked up; it made me feel happy and scared at once. It involved my partner, Eddie, and I getting married, but there was this creepy guy next door who was obsessed with me, it was like he wanted me to be his and if I refused him he would kill me. I remember getting married and feeling happy, then everyone, including Eddie, just went away. Eddie was just going out to do something and then he'd be back, but in the meantime that creepy guy was calling me on the phone and I wouldn't answer. He kept leaving messages on the machine (even though we don't have one) saying "I know you're home, I can see you" and shit like that, and he left a Chansey doll hanging on my back porch (Chansey is a Pokemon character that looks like a pink oval holding an egg).

I kept wishing Eddie would come back because I knew that guy was coming ever closer, yet I knew in my mind that no one believed this guy was stalking me. Eventually, he came to my back door and Eddie came home; the guy asked me to come with him and I told him no, he took up a pair of shears and threatened me with them and I yelled to Eddie, "Do you see this? Do you see what he's doing?"

Then I woke up. That was one of those dreams that makes me feel very uncomfortable for the whole day.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #73
PutridLily

Resurrection! I figured it was best to put it here rather than start a new thread... my apologies if I'm wrong.

I had this nightmare where I'm in a room (a sterile clean kitchen) and there is a window on every wall. There was a blonde woman whom provoked ungodly fear in me; she was walking around the house looking in every window and I was frantically watching all the windows and seeing her look in and go past. It's odd but I attempted to cover the windows with cling-film which I did a really bad job of and I was crouched down on the floor panicking.

My dreams lately have been extremely psychologically disorientating; not in a way that I can describe but extremely disturbing.

I’m not one to really whine on about my dreams but it really bothered me in the way that it's still on my mind and I can't shake it off. Nor sleep, it’s 4.20am here.

I had to get that off my chest.
PutridLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #74
Metabolik

I actually dremt something that happened a couple months later o_O weird huh?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #75
Your Darkest Secret

A couple of nights ago I dreamt I was shopping in Camden, and every time I tried to buy something this random guy took it away from me and started talking about 'ugly cigars'.

Does this make any sense to anyone?!
Your Darkest Secret is offline   Reply With Quote