Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #51
psyches_reflection

I'm going to London soon, to visit my boyfriend and see some exhibitions before I begin my art degree. Does anyone know of a good place to stay? I can afford a youth hostel or cheap B&B.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #52
the-broken-harlequin

Funnily enough their is a hostel right at the back of the lock/camden.
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #53
Katanshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyches_reflection
I'm going to London soon, to visit my boyfriend and see some exhibitions before I begin my art degree. Does anyone know of a good place to stay? I can afford a youth hostel or cheap B&B.

Google a place called "The Generator" It's cheap (very), mainly for students on trips and it's good fun too. Great atmosphere. Somewhere between summer camp and your first ever uni campus piss up. Highly reccomended, no telling who you'll meet, and there's an in-house bar for people using the hostel!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #54
Lapin

I'm going to London in a year, before I arrive in Germany. I can already tell you exactly what will happen:

At 2am, I will decide I need soda, and leave my safe and cozy hotel to find some. My idiocy will prevail, and I will get lost. Eventually, I will start crying. As I cry, I'll find a corner store, abruptly stop crying, and buy three bottles of Coca-Cola, one of which I will finish off in two minutes because crying makes my throat hurt.

I will then continue to be lost and start crying again, only to get picked up by the police who will give me directions back to my hotel and talk to me like I'm five.

Upset and sniffling I will go back up to my room, where whoever I am travelling with will call me an idiot and not let me out of their sight for the rest of the trip.

I'm dead serious. Every time I travel, this happens. Its pathetic and it makes me feel stupid, because I can't ever find my way around.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #55
psyches_reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katanshin
Google a place called "The Generator" It's cheap (very), mainly for students on trips and it's good fun too. Great atmosphere. Somewhere between summer camp and your first ever uni campus piss up. Highly reccomended, no telling who you'll meet, and there's an in-house bar for people using the hostel!
I'd come across the Genrator whilst searching online already - it gets bonus points for sounding so damn fun! I'm just waiting for Yinka to remember where it was he stayed before I make a decision. Thank you for your help
Old 08-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #56
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katanshin
No offense, but fuck the Isle of Wight Long story...

Hell yes, Blackgang chine is falling off a fucking cliff last I heard. The glass museum was cool though.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #57
Katanshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I'm going to London in a year, before I arrive in Germany. I can already tell you exactly what will happen:

At 2am, I will decide I need soda, and leave my safe and cozy hotel to find some. My idiocy will prevail, and I will get lost. Eventually, I will start crying. As I cry, I'll find a corner store, abruptly stop crying, and buy three bottles of Coca-Cola, one of which I will finish off in two minutes because crying makes my throat hurt.

I will then continue to be lost and start crying again, only to get picked up by the police who will give me directions back to my hotel and talk to me like I'm five.

Upset and sniffling I will go back up to my room, where whoever I am travelling with will call me an idiot and not let me out of their sight for the rest of the trip.

I'm dead serious. Every time I travel, this happens. Its pathetic and it makes me feel stupid, because I can't ever find my way around.
Actually, it's kinda cute xD