Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #17826
TearsOfSolitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
*sniff, sob* No one ever wants to be kidnapped.
What did you expect? xD
Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #17827
Delkaetre

You should volunteer for kidnapping. Meth has excellent taste in music and snacks, and will take such good care that you'll develop Stockholm Syndrome before you've even left your home country.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #17828
Draconysius

DiY: Play Dead shirt
This is the first shirt I've done with acrylic paint, and I have to say I prefer it. I did do the black parts with fabric paint though, which is what's all shiny and gloopy. From now on, I'm an acrylic goth!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #17829
honeythorn

That's fantastic! I like acrylic as well. But I do also like Dylon fabric paints. The ones that come in pots not tubes. Tubes are shit, I can't draw straightly with them at all.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #17830
Delkaetre

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...September4.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...September1.jpg

Couple from September. I like the sleeves in the second one. Hopefully be doing another session like this over the winter (I hope to develop tempterature resistant extremities before then, as cold river+ toes=bad)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:18 AM   #17831
honeythorn

I still heart that dress!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #17832
Delkaetre

I had to give it back to Marloes afterwards (would have cost me about £40 otherwise)
Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #17833
Methadrine

Me too. A ridiculously good-looking waternymph, that dress and beautiful scenery. Couldn't get any better.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #17834
honeythorn

Where was that taken anyway? What river is it?

I still like the sound of the Steampunk shoot. I will look forward to those.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #17835
Delkaetre

It's in Morden Park- you can get there from the last stop on I think it's the Northern Line. I think the river's actually the River Morden, but I might be wrong. My grasp of geography is terrible.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #17836
Methadrine

Steampunk shoot? Good grief, I got to get one of those thingymabobs that can kickstart my heart again after that.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #17837
honeythorn

I still keep meaning to construct some sort of ...Dirigible captain/sky pirate- goth type of outfit....But it shall take time..:/
Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #17838
Delkaetre

I got Decline Gothica and a few others already up for it. I need models and location now.
Need male models, as there's always shedloads of girls but never enough guys (Though I suspect I'll have no difficulty finding guys for this one). Location is preferably industrial Victorian- a crumbling factory, abandoned railstation or pump house, that kind of thing.
Bring your own props, I'll supply some food and drink.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #17839
honeythorn

Why don't you ask on Brassgoggles? I'm sure there are loads who would be up for that.

I must ask..what would the pictures be used for? Is it just for the hell of it?

I know the Birmingham and Stourbridge ( my town! ) canal system has loads of old crumbling factories and so on. But some are hard to get to.

This is in my town. Sadly it may have gone now, but is this anything like the sort of location you were after? Or less overgrown? The whole of the West Midlands was a major industrial area in the Victorian era.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/...d.php?p=339727

That whole messageboard is good for finding a site like that.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #17840
Methadrine

You should try a photosession too, honeythorn. You'd look great, and might open your eyes for that too.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #17841
honeythorn

Yeah..maybe :/
Old 12-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #17842
Delkaetre

I can see if I can find a good photogapher for you to work with.
I was *not* confident around cameras till I did that first shoot (the one in the red corset). Feel rather better about my appearance now. They help a lot with your confidence, getting some really genuinely good shots.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #17843
honeythorn

To be fair, I am not sure what I would do with such pictures..It would feel odd to have some random professional style pics of me just lurking about the house or something....

HA! I think my dad would be rather insulted if I didn't ask him to take some, but he honestly does take the most horrendous pictures of me. All my worst parts are magnified when someone other than me takes a picture. My friend Kate took what should have been a nice photo....until I saw it. And I dwarfed the guy next to me. All my chins were on show and each arm was seriously approaching gargantuan territory. Babyss isn't exactly a whippet himself, but he looked like a fucking supermodel sat next to me. Naturally I deleted it.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #17844
Delkaetre

This is the difference- I can find photographers who take pictures at a professional or semi-professional level.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #17845
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Loving that raygun shot, Kontan. Really a very excellent pic- we should have more like that. Pity you're US-based, actually, as I've got a steampunk shoot planned for the Spring and I've already got a couple of photographers eager to work on it.
Any UK steampunks here who want to look all mad-sciency in front of cameras?

It didn't quite strike me as steam. I was just trying to look nice. ^_____^

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #17846
KontanKarite

http://a719.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...d68589e746.jpg

One more action packed body snatcher shot.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #17847
Delkaetre

Still looks steampunk to me, with a touch perhaps of film noir and b-movie. I love it, though, as I'm a total steampunk addict and you're a handsome creature.
There's a white circle in the upper right hand corner- what's it for?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #17848
KontanKarite

That would be known as a cigarette burn. Or also known as a film change over blip. Ever seen the blips in the corners of theaters when the reels are changed over?

I wont lie now. I was kinda mixing the whole steam thing with noir film or that old old 1930s film stuff like The Brain that Wouldn't Die and such.

I was actually watching some old ass campy horror movies before I went out that night. ^___^

Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #17849
honeythorn

I made a little video ! ( I couldn't be bothered to exhume the video post thread so don't bother having a nervy B over it's placement here )

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...12-07_2016.flv

Sorry about the quality, all I have is a mobile phone so...yeah, it's a bit shit but I am VERY bored . I did try to keep a straight face ( curses face which makes me look like a total twat ) but I honestly couldn't. I was far too embarrassed to speak. If you've seen my post on the voice thread you'll know why.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #17850
Delkaetre

Heehee, that's cute! Quality's no worse than about 99% of YouTube videos anyway, so don't worry about that. Though you look so much like a friend of mine from Northern Ireland in that, it's scary...
Also- your expressions do not make you look like a twat. The ones which I seem to unconsciously pull any time a camera's near are the ones which make people look like twats. GNet has only seen the best pics. There are many, many awful ones.
Closed Thread