Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Underwater Ophelia

Halloween Remake.

Rob Zombie should be shot where he stands.

Seriously, the Halloween remake had no redeeming qualities. It wasn't just not good, it was seriously horrible. Every aspect of it makes me ashamed to be a writer, because I have something in common with the man who made this trash.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
Breathless Horror

That bad huh? 'Tis not very reasuring, I'm going to see it tonight with some friends. I guess we'll see if it's as bad as you say.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
That bad huh? 'Tis not very reasuring, I'm going to see it tonight with some friends. I guess we'll see if it's as bad as you say.
It's not bad. It's a fucking travesty of film and art. It seriously has nothing good about it.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
Breathless Horror

It's a shame if it really is painful to watch, because you just know that it'll make assloads of money just because it's a Halloween remake.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

That's the thing...it's not just painful to watch--it literally made me furious.
I won't say much about the plot or details, because you haven't seen it, but after you have, we can discuss.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
Breathless Horror

Sounds good. *looks around plaintively* Is it at least mildy scary? Or at least startling? Please?

Old 08-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Sounds good. *looks around plaintively* Is it at least mildy scary? Or at least startling? Please?
Honestly, no.
If it's any consolation, it made me feel like I was going to be sick in the theater. Not from gore, though, from the disgusting way the characters act. It's just unneeded. You'll know what I mean.

That said, if you really want to, go see it in the theater.
But.
I really think you should spend your money on something better. Maybe some broken eggshells, or a popped tire, or hell, even a smashed monitor for your computer.
It really is that bad.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
Breathless Horror

Oh well, I'm going more to be with some friends whom I haven't seen in far too long. So we'll probably talk the whole way through, get thrown out, and just go back to someones house to hang out.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
badteccy

It was alrrright. It made me feel more sick and disturbed than scared.
Ophie, last night I dreamt that that fucked up looking kid was trying to attack me. Ugh.
Go see Superbad instead ya'll.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

The little boy? I went on his myspace, HE'S SUCH A CUTIE!!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #11
Vyvian Blackthorne

Gah...As a fan of the original Halloween; I must say the general idea of a classics' "Remake" makes me want to bash my head onto metallic bars. Let's face it; Horror Cinema today is not what it used to be.

Oh, and I actually do like some of Zombie's works; but he's not as good as Murau, Ruggero, Jodorowsky, etc. But of course compared to the gimmick flicks out there he's not too

This word I'll take from you, because I didn't like the idea of Halloween to be re-made generally. Even another sequel I could have been happier with; other than this.

Hmhh..For those of you that have not seen the original Halloween, see it NOW. Because it's one of the greatest pyschological horror films of the seventies.

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 09-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #12
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyvian Blackthorne

This word I'll take from you, because I didn't like the idea of Halloween to be re-made generally.
Good choice Vyv, I should have listened to her. It is without fail the worst horror movie I have ever seen. My friends and I left the theater furious with the movie and at ourselves for spending $10 for that piece of crap.

I do however, intend to see the original. Hopefully it is nothing like the remake. *crosses fingers*

Old 09-02-2007, 05:54 AM   #13
NachtSorcier

I don't plan on seeing it on principal. I'm sick and tired of remakes, it's all they ever come out with these days, and the ones that aren't remakes are just retarded. My friend found a bootlegged copy and we watched the first ten minutes; I don't think I'll be missing anything.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
KontanKarite

Bootlegs are the ultimate wave of the future.

If it was truly worth seeing, you wouldn't go out of your way to bootleg it.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:46 AM   #15
CptSternn

I thought it was pretty good. I liked the fact they went into so much detail of his childhood.

Also, I'm a fan of Zombie's films. I like the way he makes murder appear more realistic. Most slasher films make murder appear humorous, even comical. His films portray murders and murderers in a more realistic light.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I thought it was pretty good. I liked the fact they went into so much detail of his childhood.

Also, I'm a fan of Zombie's films. I like the way he makes murder appear more realistic. Most slasher films make murder appear humorous, even comical. His films portray murders and murderers in a more realistic light.
I liked the fact that they went into his childhood, too. It's a good idea, just extraordinarily poorly executed.

The fact that the murder is more realistic is something that bothers me. I honestly feel that if you enjoy watching that kind of thing for entertainment, there is something wrong with you. If you watch Freddy Kruger kill, it's because it's funny. When you watch this kind of movie, it's like watching a ***** film. You're watching for the sole purpose that you want to see people being brutalized. That's sick.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #17
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I liked the fact that they went into his childhood, too. It's a good idea, just extraordinarily poorly executed.
His childhood was the only part that scared me. For as long as I can remember I've had severe issues with clowns. Why did it have to be a clown mask?!?!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
His childhood was the only part that scared me. For as long as I can remember I've had severe issues with clowns. Why did it have to be a clown mask?!?!
Because Rob Zombie's a fucking idiot.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #19
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I have to disagree. I liked the way they portrayed his childhood. It was basically a textbook example of where serial killers come from. It was done almost to the point of cutting-and-pasting a typical senario of a serial killer. The first film just touches on the point that he started killing when he was young. They never went into any detail. In reality, the treatment and behaviour was pretty much on par with what we see today when studying real serial killers.

Quote:
The fact that the murder is more realistic is something that bothers me. I honestly feel that if you enjoy watching that kind of thing for entertainment, there is something wrong with you. If you watch Freddy Kruger kill, it's because it's funny. When you watch this kind of movie, it's like watching a ***** film. You're watching for the sole purpose that you want to see people being brutalized. That's sick.

I also again disagree. American film makers have glorified serial killers. In all the new films, starting with like the original Friday The 13th back in the 1970's you have serial killers appearing as I said in comical films, with catch phrases , odd garb, and anecdotal moments.

This combined with action films with also portray death, violence, and murder as some type of humorous event. The reality is, killing someone is a brutal, gory, disgusting act. If film makers insist on making films depicting such acts, they need to show the audience what it really looks like instead of candy coating it for them. I mean, sure people will enjoy a good Nightmare On Elm Street film, but its a light hearted look at a disturbed individual who is torturing and murdering children.

It should be shown for what it is, not in the way the movie industry has been displaying it for the past few decades.

Much like the Passion Of The Christ, the reality behind the film makes the film. It shows the depth of depravity in the acts. I think allowing film makers to put out films which tone down the level of violence is a crime.

It's like the US media censoring all the pictures from Iraq (which is currently happening). In America, you don't see native people in the hospital recovering from bomb wounds, limbs missing, children on life support - you don't see the funerals. The war is being candy coated and spoon fed to the masses to keep them from actually being able to comprehend how gory, disgusting, and horrible it really is.

This film brings murder to the front, much like his other films. Murdering someone or watching someone get murdered *should* turn your stomach, and make you feel uneasy when you watch it. It shouldn't be something the audience looks forward too for a good laugh.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:44 AM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Mostly what you said is true...I just still think it's sick if you enjoy watching someone get beaten to death. It doesn't matter if it's real, humans shouldn't be ok with seeing it.