Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
Utael

School let out early

I hate the fact that we go to a half day of school tomorrow just because were hitting football playoffs, and yet for anything else it has to stay the same, I feel that they are unfairly sponsering football and not other accademic activities, ex. theater productions for the matinee they require us to still have a full day, and the kids that are in the play or work on the play have to make up that day and yet for football they skip a day... explain to me how that works?

ps. im into theater completely, its pretty much my life and my future life. (its a job that lets you wear black cmon)
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
Green.Lady

It's the same at every high school, just something you have to get used to, unfortunately.
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:07 AM   #3
Utael

its just a little annoying when they place prefrences twords certain school activities when there supposed to offer them all equally. but of course our society would fall apart at the first sign of democracy correct? oh well USA wasnt made a democracy it was made a republic... but yeah school thing its actually better for me to wake up early in the morning that way i go to school when its still dark yay ^_^
Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Wait, you WANT full days of school?
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
It's the principle of the matter that she is angry over.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #6
spoon!

Quick question though: just because school lets out early, can't you talk to your supervisor about letting you and your cast practice for that allotted day?
spoon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Utael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
It's the principle of the matter that she is angry over.

sorry.. just to let you know im a he and actually yeah i love half days but they are doing half days for all the wrong reasons
Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Utael

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon!
Quick question though: just because school lets out early, can't you talk to your supervisor about letting you and your cast practice for that allotted day?
no the school closed at 12:45 anyone still in the building was either thrown out or told to leave ASAP
Old 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #9
ForgetThisLostLenore

My school is given a set of books that have mildew along the pages, but the football team has shiny new helmets every year. It's just the way it works. I'm still annoyed the art department hasn't gotten new supplies yet.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utael
sorry.. just to let you know im a he and actually yeah i love half days but they are doing half days for all the wrong reasons
Eh it's my fault, It takes me awhile to remember the genders of people online somtimes. Especialy in mmorpgs when guys make female characters which gets to be extremely frustrating.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
james"bloody tears"

theater pretty much rules, but football is "a godsend" to most schools its crap but its life

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #12
Utael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Eh it's my fault, It takes me awhile to remember the genders of people online somtimes. Especialy in mmorpgs when guys make female characters which gets to be extremely frustrating.
eh we all make mistakes me especiall dont worry about it
Old 10-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #13
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utael
I hate the fact that we go to a half day of school tomorrow just because were hitting football playoffs, and yet for anything else it has to stay the same, I feel that they are unfairly sponsering football and not other accademic activities, ex. theater productions for the matinee they require us to still have a full day, and the kids that are in the play or work on the play have to make up that day and yet for football they skip a day... explain to me how that works?

ps. im into theater completely, its pretty much my life and my future life. (its a job that lets you wear black cmon)
The same thing happens at my school. But it's not just football it's cheering and basketball too. When it comes to art, academics, theater, anything like that my school is completely unsupportive of it. It's mostly about sports. But I have learned to deal with it.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #14
badteccy

Welcome to high school.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #15
Utael

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Welcome to high school.

I've been here for three years, its just something new they threw at us this year, and im pretty sure they arent able to do that but w/e