Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #76
Wormboy

Never let school interfere with your education - Mark Twain

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:29 PM   #77
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexik
I might be new in these waters, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I support anybody that wants to be honest with themselves and about themselves, so good luck, Anarasha, and the best to you.

I noticed that this thread has begun to move toward the idea of sexuality determining people that make good partners for love... Perhaps I'm being too literal here, but I'd think that sexuality is more about what causes sexual arousal. Thus, I think it's entirely reasonable for people to consider themselves straight, bi, or gay based on 'in the pants parts.' If a guy finds himself attracted or even in love with another guy, but not sexually aroused by him, then I wouldn't think he is homosexual - he's just in love with a guy. Maybe I'm way off in the common parlance here, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time.
I whole heartedly agree. I wish to subrscibe to your newsletter. I'm interested in what else you have to say.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #78
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
I agree. People hate what they hate. I try not to hate anything or anyone, but asians bug me, "OMFG! I ONLY got a 90%! I failed!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" Asians are so stupid. Well, only Asians like that.
Are you joking?
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #79
da fetus

asians are cute
da fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #80
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Are you joking?
Well, no, but it is annoying. Girls in my school call anything below 85% an "Asian Fail". They really do, and it's pissing me off. Even Asians call it that!
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #81
da fetus

you're an idiot and i hope you and all your friends have an orgy with power tools
Old 10-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #82
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
You are either too stupid to know what a racist remark sounds like, or you're an actual racist. Most likely it's a bit of both.
Only one. I am racist against Asians, but only ones who are like that. I have an Asian friend who's scared of other Asians who get straight A's and study 8 hours for tests.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #83
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Yeah, it's really stupid of them to want to do exceptionally well in school.
Damn those who want to be intelligent. Damn them all.
Intelligence isn't about getting good grades. Asians don't seem to understand that.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #84
da fetus

dude will you stick yourself in a wood chipper for the good of the people .fucking ignorant goth scum. i hope you fucking die.

also i think your statement "I have an Asian friend who's scared of other Asians who get straight A's and study 8 hours for tests." is a lie because someone as ignorant as you doesn't have friends and instead spends his time in a storage closet pissing yourself and crying about those horrible, horrible asians who's culture is different from yours and ergo bad. fucking idiot.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #85
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Intelligence isn't about getting good grades. Asians don't seem to understand that.
I know intelligence isn't about getting good grades, but have you ever noticed that usually, people who get good grades and do well in college have successful careers?

But who would want that, anyway.

Guess what else? I consider anything below an "A" a failure, too, and I'm white. It's not just Asians, it's people who want to succeed and aren't going to accept less of themselves.

Everyone should do their best in school. If an Asian's best is better than yours, too fucking bad. That's your fault, not theirs.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #86
da fetus

school is death.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:58 PM   #87
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fetus
school is death.
So drop out and pump my gas.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #88
da fetus

are you dumb enough to assume that dropouts automatically pump gas? Richard Branson (CEO of Virgin Enterprises) never finished high school and he's worth multiple billions of dollars. I could also bring up the redundant "Einstein" arguement. I guess you're proving my point that grades never equal intelligence, only an ability to do as your told.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #89
da fetus

also, most gas stations are self serve now. ;D
Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #90
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
are you dumb enough to assume that dropouts automatically pump gas? Richard Branson (CEO of Virgin Enterprises) never finished high school and he's worth multiple billions of dollars. I could also bring up the redundant "Einstein" arguement. I guess you're proving my point that grades never equal intelligence, only an ability to do as your told.
Don't act stupid. You know very well I was being sarcastic and using an extreme example to prove my point.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #91
da fetus

using extreme examples is stupid in itself and doesn't prove points at all, just points out the fallacies in your arguement.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #92
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
using extreme examples is stupid in itself and doesn't prove points at all, just points out the fallacies in your arguement.
Ok, Ben. I'm done with this.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #93
da fetus

good. i win.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #94
Blindness is Black

Can we move on? Let's sum it up: Not all Asians are obsessed with school and grades. I'm not. Sure, I'd rather get an A than a B, and I probably get more A's than the average high school student. I work hard at it, but I'm not going to break down and cry when I get a horrible grade. I just got a 65% today in Pre-Calculus (I hate that class).

As for Darkprayer, clumping all Asians into the same category of being overachievers and being "racist against Asians" is completely unfair. We don't not understand "intelligence isn't about getting good grades", but good grades aren't going to hurt. You don't seem to understand--this is our culture. This is how most of us are brought up to think, to do well in school, just like how Christian families raise their children to believe in God and go to church. I'm not saying it's necessarily a good thing; I often think Asian parents put far too much pressure on their kids to do well academically..it's because of this constant pushing that drives most of us to try so hard. To be racist against us for the reasons you gave seems stupid and immature to me; all it proves is that you don't know enough about the other party to make a fair judgment about how we choose to live our lives.
Blindness is Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #95
DarkPrayer

Quote:
dude will you stick yourself in a wood chipper for the good of the people .fucking ignorant goth scum. i hope you fucking die.

also i think your statement "I have an Asian friend who's scared of other Asians who get straight A's and study 8 hours for tests." is a lie because someone as ignorant as you doesn't have friends and instead spends his time in a storage closet pissing yourself and crying about those horrible, horrible asians who's culture is different from yours and ergo bad. fucking idiot.
It's not a lie, but think what you want to.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #96
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindness is Black
Can we move on? Let's sum it up: Not all Asians are obsessed with school and grades. I'm not. Sure, I'd rather get an A than a B, and I probably get more A's than the average high school student. I work hard at it, but I'm not going to break down and cry when I get a horrible grade. I just got a 65% today in Pre-Calculus (I hate that class).

As for Darkprayer, clumping all Asians into the same category of being overachievers and being "racist against Asians" is completely unfair. We don't not understand "intelligence isn't about getting good grades", but good grades aren't going to hurt. You don't seem to understand--this is our culture. This is how most of us are brought up to think, to do well in school, just like how Christian families raise their children to believe in God and go to church. I'm not saying it's necessarily a good thing; I often think Asian parents put far too much pressure on their kids to do well academically..it's because of this constant pushing that drives most of us to try so hard. To be racist against us for the reasons you gave seems stupid and immature to me; all it proves is that you don't know enough about the other party to make a fair judgment about how we choose to live our lives.
Alright, I'm sorry. I really am. I meant no harm. I'm just in a really bad mood is all. But that is no excuse for what I said. I'm very sorry.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #97
da fetus

Quote:
It's not a lie, but think what you want to.
i think as soon as your parents found out your mom was pregnant she should've hurled herself down some stairs and then had your dad stomp her in the stomach with some track cleats for good measure, fucker.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #98
Utael

Quote:
i think as soon as your parents found out your mom was pregnant she should've hurled herself down some stairs and then had your dad stomp her in the stomach with some track cleats for good measure, fucker.
And i thought we got rid of you.... oh well we all have our little soars that need to be cut off once in a while
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #99
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Whoop, whoop for being open minded and loving everyone for being themselves.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #100
da fetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utael
And i thought we got rid of you.... oh well we all have our little soars that need to be cut off once in a while
it's "sores" you idiot prick. before you get all high and mighty learn to spell.