Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #76
da fetus

yes, but i'm not trying to defend the fact what im doing isn't bad. i don't give a fuck how other people feel about it. I love it.
da fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #77
Haunted House

You smoked for like a week, too, when painting to be ARTSY!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #78
da fetus

but i realized it was stupid and stopped.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #79
Haunted House

Which is not a bad thing so all the power to ya.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #80
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fetus
yes, but i'm not trying to defend the fact what im doing isn't bad. i don't give a fuck how other people feel about it. I love it.
Right. But you're doing something detrimental to others. I have to pay taxes to clean your little doodles from building walls.
How is smoking different?

Not only that, maybe some smokers don't give a fuck how other people feel about it because they love it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #81
da fetus

HAHA I HAVE POWER.

And Matt i honestly dont care that you smoke because you aren't an idiot about it. plus jolly rancher soda.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #82
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I smoked for a while, but I gave up on it. It affected my performance in sports.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #83
StasisInDarkness

Mmm...I love cloves, really, they are delicious, but also lung-cancer-y. As such, I try to limit my use...with mixed success...
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #84
Steppenwolf

Saddiction , first : I'm not trying to start a personal war here , just defending my point of view ...
Second : Here is my answer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
I expressed that it's A) disgusting B) discomforting and C) Detremental to health period!. Read my post in it's entirety before taking what I say out of context. I hold my breath because I can't stand the way it smells. It's disgusting and causes discomfort. It's also my choice whether you feel it's too much or not.
I've read all the post , as I do always when I answer ...

It's disgusting ... for you and other non-smokers ...
It's discomforting ... for you and other non-smokers ...
It can damage your health ... to you as a passive smoker , and to me as an active smoker and everyone around , yes , you are right ...
I'm not denying the fact that smoking damages your health , but I can't say it's disgusting to me ... You generalize here , it's almost insulting , what do you expect from a smoker? A bunch of flowers or what? ... Imagine someone saying : You look soooo disgusting , you are scaring my kids!!! (I can't say it since I don't know you , but It's an example ...)

Quote:
What about pollution? It's not like people have their lips tied around exhaust pipes like they do with cigarettes. Of course we breathe in emissions. That's an inescapable reality as long as you live in an urban area. However, pollution has nothing to do with anything in relation to my initial post. Furthermore, no one is safe from cancer, regardless if they breathe in emissions or not. Take the sun, or the stuff they put into food for example. We live in a society where cancer is rampant. This is not to say that EVERYONE will get cancer, but the percentage of cancer related deaths have surely increased.

I was mentioning pollution not answering you ... Just It came to my mind ...
About cancer ... It has increased the power of modern medicine to detect early stages of cancer too , so it's not only about the chemicals out there ...

Quote:
If I see a vehicle coming my way with SMOKE coming out of it's exhaust, I'd still hold my breath.
Yeah , me too , that's disgusting to everyone , specially with those old gasoline motors ... But you can't compare them with a cigarette ...

Quote:
You're asking for the same respect that you give them? Please elaborate.
I guess a lot of people here expressed my point of view : Stop the madness , we can live in peace , I'll respect your rights if you respect mine to do whatever I want ... Stop preaching , stop insulting , stop the madness ... I'll smoke out , on the street , even in cold winter , because I respect the law and I respect YOU as a non-smoker . It's that not enough to leave us alone?

Please , that's enough now ... It's so clear that I can even see it's veins ...
Old 10-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #85
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
Hell, to guild the lily I actually make a conscious effort to blow smoke away from people.
Just for the record , I do the same ... I care about the others ... I don't care about the preachers of the holy church of divine health , or the hysterical non-smokers ... They remind me my mother , and that's bad enough ...
Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #86
Catch

I smoke. I like smoking. Everything abot it is great.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #87
james"bloody tears"

i used to smoke but it just got way to expensive and i got tired of being nagged so i quite

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #88
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
I don't bump into people close enough to know they have BO. however, you idiot scumbags stand out there, knowing it smells bad, fucking publicize your cancer inducing horrid smelling idiot habit.

Lets ban everything that offends your nostrils then!

I can think of alot of things that smell bad....maybe we should ban muck spreading in summer so we don't have to drive by disgusting smelling fields!

I'm not an idiot scumbag, you self righteous twat. No smoker is. A news channel did a survey and found out almost all smokers would put out their ciggarettes if asked, from what i've seen on this board too is that all of us who smoke try and have manners and go as far away from non smokers as possible.

What more do you want!? huh!? The whole world to be your way. Sorry mate, it ain't happening.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #89
TopHaggardDoll

Plus, if we're gunna get cancer merely by being outside, in the sun...I think i'd rather carry on smoking. Gunna get cancer anyway...lol.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #90
maggot

I think you're doing exactlly as he wants.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #91
TopHaggardDoll

What can I say?! I like to rant. XD!
Old 10-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #92
GirlsNotMe

Personally, I can't stand cigarettes, but that's probably some deep-seeded issue spawning from the fact that my mother smoked a pack and a half a day in my home since I was two years old, and I hated it.

However, I do partake in other methods of smoking. There is a moderately illegal kind I enjoy occasionally (I call it 'Judy'), but I'd really like to get an opinion on Hookah. Hookah, for those of you not in the know, is the Middle-Eastern method in which there is a vase-esque object filled with water in which tobacco in burned and inhaled through a tube.

It's supposed to be one of the healthiest ways to smoke, because the water filters out a lot of the 'poisons' in tobacco, and Hookah bars are popping up all over the country. I, personally, own one and fucking love it.

Anyone else?
GirlsNotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #93
Utael

I smoke sometimes but generaly not more than one or two cigarettes per week, sometimes going to the extreme of one ciggarette per day, personaly I don't feel the need of smoking more than one a day because i do it for the flavor and not the smoke ive even caught myself a couple times smoking it like a cigar instead of a cigarette lol. personaly i like cigars better just because they taste alot better but still tabbacco to me is like mint for others.
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #94
da fetus

i'd like to sum up my view of things with a piece of writing by one of my favorite bands, Born Against.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #95
gothicusmaximus

ther r coolr wais 2 dye u guyz.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #96
Steppenwolf

Last words :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZYc0WwCyak
Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #97
Saddiction

It's not a personal war, Steppenwolf. I was just expressing how I feel about it.

If I feel something is disgusting and discomforting, you shouldn't take it as an insult. I'm speaking on belhalf of myself.. not everyone else.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #98
chelseagirl

lol, this thread made me think of back when I was in highschool. My friends who smoked would constantly complain about how expensive packs of cigarettes were (about $0.80 to $0.99)...now they're about $4.00, right?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #99
Saddiction

Packs here range between $8-$10. The cheapest I can remember them being is roughly $5, and that was back in the mid to late 90's. I have no idea how much they were before that time.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #100
Haunted House

Quote:
And Matt i honestly dont care that you smoke because you aren't an idiot about it.
Oh. Cause I thought that you were going to rip my head off for smoking at that show in your basement. But nah.

Quote:
plus jolly rancher soda.
"I'm gonna piss green for a WEEK!"