Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #26
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Cold weather has something dark and romantic about it, but only when it's raining or snowing. I love misty weather too.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #27
invaders_say_ni

In all honesty? It's because I love coats. My favourites are a dark blue floor length wool swing coat (yay antique shops!) and my velvet one...and, of course, I only get to wear them when it's cold. So bring on the snow! XD
invaders_say_ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #28
BLEED REBELION!!!

I HATE THE COLD!!!!!!

I prefer to lay in the sun and soak up its heat YUM!

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #29
Christina_Death1334

My favorite things about the cold are getting to wear my black pea-coat, black furry Russian-hat, and my long velvet and lace gloves. And it's a nice excuse to cuddle with Patrick. <3 A very nice excuse. Not to mention the numbness you get. I love sitting outside half-nude letting the cold chill me.
Christina_Death1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:37 AM   #30
drewsilla

Not a big winter-time fan. I just never seem to get warm in the winter! I do like snuggles with the hubby to get warm, though!! The crisp air of the fall is lovely, I'll have to admit.

If snow last longer than a day, then any love I had for it is gone. Lost that love in Germany, where when it snowed it stayed and stayed 'til it was a gray slush of yuck, and plowing through it with a stroller b/c you don't have your licence yet sucked big time.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #31
Lapin

I like how cold feels; sharp and real. Heat is lazy, but cold is awake. It goes straight to your bones and reminds you that you can still feel.

I like hot chocolate on cold days, and the beautiful silence of snow. I like wearing a nice warm wool coat and my bright scarves. I like seeing my breath. I like being hugged in cold weather.

But I think I'd like being kissed better.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:27 PM   #32
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Everything is wonderous about cold weather. I love the way it feels, the clothes I can wear, the dark evenings, the clear skies, snow, EVERYTHING!!!

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #33
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsilla
Not a big winter-time fan. I just never seem to get warm in the winter! I do like snuggles with the hubby to get warm, though!! The crisp air of the fall is lovely, I'll have to admit.

If snow last longer than a day, then any love I had for it is gone. Lost that love in Germany, where when it snowed it stayed and stayed 'til it was a gray slush of yuck, and plowing through it with a stroller b/c you don't have your licence yet sucked big time.
I can hold out a week, then I hate it too. Yay for global warming...

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #34
le_revenant

The fact you can wear jackets, at last!
Back in the day (i.e. when I was still in public school & riding the bus from here to there) though I wore black I hated to do so in summer.
After an hour or two of repeated waits at a bus stop, walking from here to there in direct sunlight, I would start to get delirious from the heat. Nowadays my heart goes out to those who brave the sun, in PVC!
Black cotton anything (what I used to wear) is one thing.
PVC in the South Texas sun??

Makes one wonder what the melting point of PVC is?....
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #35
prophecyofdoom

Very cold air is soothing when you have a headache, and perks you up when you're groggy from sleep deprivation. I love the silence and beauty when everything is thickly blanketed in snow, the pristine lovliness of sunlight reflecting off bare trees encased in ice. I love trudging with friends through snow, bundled in hats and scarves and gloves and lots and lots of layers, and the sudden embrace of warmth when you finally come in from the cold. I like ice skating, Christmas decorations, the bustle of crowded shopping centers. I love thick, textured opaque tights, leg warmers, long gloves, and did I mention scarves?!! I love being nestled warm in bed while the room is chill and cold all around me. Especially when I'm not alone in the bed! I love Obsession perfume, which always seems most appropriate on snowy days(in the summertime I like fresh scents like FETISH)...I love all the memories inspired by the change of season, of all the fun winter times I've shared with friends, that mix of aching nostalgia and excitement for times to come.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 AM   #36
PersephoneX

After many nights of ending up on the train station at 3am, falling asleep and losing all feeling in my toes, i have lost all love for the cold. The rain and mist are different. Being with Ferretkins through crappy weather is a perk.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:27 AM   #37
Opteron_Man

i like drinking a of hot coffee, right after i come in stone cold.
i also like the smell of winter air. it smells crisp and clean.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #38
Christina_Death1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_revenant
The fact you can wear jackets, at last!
Back in the day (i.e. when I was still in public school & riding the bus from here to there) though I wore black I hated to do so in summer.
After an hour or two of repeated waits at a bus stop, walking from here to there in direct sunlight, I would start to get delirious from the heat. Nowadays my heart goes out to those who brave the sun, in PVC!
Black cotton anything (what I used to wear) is one thing.
PVC in the South Texas sun??

Makes one wonder what the melting point of PVC is?....
I live in east Texas, so I can relate. Wearing black in the summer implies that you have a death wish. The cold suits my wardrobe far better.
Christina_Death1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #39
Chazz

Yeah I hate summer and spring, sweating and being red faced is not my thing.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #40
StasisInDarkness

Mmm late fall and early winter are almost certainly my favorite times of year.

And my favorite part is having an extra excuse to cuddle with my boyfriend.

Oh. And scarves.

And seeing your breath...One December morning, when I eight or so, I asked my mother if she could taste the ghosts as they spilled from her mouth. There's just something so intense about being able to literally see the life-giving biological function that otherwise often goes unnoticed.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:56 PM   #41
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

My favorite thing? Everything... Just... EVERYTHING. It doesn't snow here, but I LOVE thunderstorms.....
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:59 PM   #42
Corpsey

I quite like the fact that all blood-sucking animals are DEAD!!

But skiing & throwing snow down my sisters back and running away with my tail between my legs also appeals to me quite a lot...

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:11 PM   #43
alshio

I love the cold because I can wear long sleeves and that there are no flies.
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #44
Valrys

I love the cold, because its often misty and icy at the same time round here, and thats extremely beautiful imo.

I could sit and stare at it for hours. Plus I like being chilly infintately more than being too hot...yay for sugary tea and hot chocolate on winter days
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #45
Delkaetre

I don't like going outside.
I don't like getting wet
I don't like that I can't wear a nice little outfit for the club, as I'll freeze my t*ts off on the way there and back, but if I wear a warm, thick outfit, I'll boil to death when I get in and start dancing.
I don't like that I have to wait even longer for a bus because there are few services and the ones that are still on are delayed by bad weather- same for trains.
But!
I love love love sitting indoors in the warm, snuggled up beside S.O. in our big jumpers and comfy jeans, enjoying a mug of soup or hot chocolate or warm blackcurrant, watching Dr Who or maybe watching a big storm or snowfall outside with the knowledge it's safe and warm in here. I like being able to sit inside and watch the rain batter the windows and the wind shake the trees like toys while I sip my alcohol-infused hot drink and smile to myself.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #46
silverbaal

I do like the feeling of burying myself beneath my blankets, and wearing four pairs of stockings and multiple sweaters. The warmth is so nice.

I took the warm little body in my hands, kissed the smooth face, caressed the long hair, - then strangled him and buried his body under a mountain of corpses waiting to be cremated.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 AM   #47
Opteron_Man

i like the dry, crisp, fresh smell. or maybe its the polution around here mixing with the cold air.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #48
TearsOfSolitude

I do like snow. But that doesn't always come with it...
TearsOfSolitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #49
twisted_one

I HATE the cold...I think its cool how you look at the snow on the ground and you see the pretty crystals glitter in the moonlight.
twisted_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #50
wonderland

I actually hate being cold. It tends to make my hands shake, my fingertips turn blue, and I can't ever breathe properly.

But I DO love all of the little side effects to cold weather. Holding a hot cup of coffee and feeling my hands start to warm up. Pulling my sleeves down over my hands and nestling into a warm jacket. Layering clothes. Curling up under one of the blankets my great grandmother made with a book. Knitting chunky scarves and hats. Plus, my house always smells of cloves and cinnamon.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote