Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #51
clockworkcoffin

i love those bullshit religions like mormonism, swedenborgianism and scientology. they make the rest of us look so much better.
clockworkcoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #52
ArielDevaki

Swedenborgianism? hah, wow.
Somebody should decide to go off and have a "fuck it all" religion, hold on, that sounds too much like agnostic. :/
ArielDevaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #53
Godslayer Jillian

If you want to open a thread about religion, do it on the General thread or the Whining thread. There's several threads about them already.
There's really no necessity for a religion thread. In fact, the General thread would be much cooler if it had religious, scientific, and philosophic threads in it.
As for the anti-christian thing, don't worry; goths are not that discriminatory; I bet any atheist goth in here, myself included, would disagree with any religion just as much, save for the more pragmatic ones.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #54
clockworkcoffin

maybe i should start a thread in the general section for the discussion of magick, an interest of mine.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #55
Godslayer Jillian

I'm just going to let you know that I like you, but I'm going to be the epitome of an iconoclast when it comes to discussing religion.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #56
clockworkcoffin

do what you like. knowing what you're talking about is extremely valuable.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #57
clockworkcoffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
I would much love for you to open a thread on magick, be it that some would say you miss spelled it. (Laugh out Loud) *chukkles*

If you do or if you have and I just haven't seen it yet. I would love for you to message me via my email. I care not who has it, so here it is.
sywat @ hotmail

I'm sure we all know the end to that, but the spaces are for the fact that everytime I try to post an email address it tells me I can't.

*jabs in the air*
Take that evil overlord!

By the way, this is off topic.
Does anyone besides me know what the Goth Code is? Or for that matter who it was written by. I do, and would like the revised maybe even updated version. However, I no longer go to alt.gothic anymore.

Thanks
i'll open one in the general board and email you post haste. also: what is the goth code? i'm interested.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #58
Kanedawg

Hey. Some time ago I composed this hybrid poem/essay dealing with my take on just about everything, from science to various beliefs and us in the middle of it all. Might spark a little conversation. The result of a lot of thinking and reading.

The Sparks of Undivided Duality
by Kane S. Latranz

For Little Raven

Appeared in Hadrosaur Tales # 21

The universe dispersed, dandelion fluff or a protruding toe shorn from its stem by the whirring blades of a lawnmower, a cosmic ejaculation, the projectile vomiting into existence of space and time, matter, and energy. That the universe, the “one-all,” might manifest, sparks, such as shower down with each ring of the blacksmith’s clanging hammer, but innumerable and immense, sparks of fundamental being, continue, to this day, to stampede—out—into the great nothing, one becoming all in heat, light, the churning, billowing and unfurling, endless breaking and mixing of form which offsets and defines cold, dark, and void.

Breaking and mixing. Hydrogen molecules can aggregate to form oxygen, oxygen and hydrogen molecules then able to bond two-by-tow to become water.

Life and death; the end of a star can conceive another star, dead stars also gestating subsequent forms of matter, energy, and process. All from simple hydrogen, the elements of water and air, as well as the organisms which require and attune those elements, as has occurred on the third planet orbiting Sol—Father, son, and holy ghost—a third generation star.

Hammer and anvil, one and all, stars and void—Yin and Yang—day and night, particles and waves, plants and animals, oxygen and carbon dioxide, anima and animas, man and woman—child. Breaking and mixing; the branching of life into two sexes facilitates the communion of sperm and ovary, setting into motion the multiplication of cells through division, dividing, not into parts, but wholes, every tiny animal in a complex organism both servant and beneficiary of the greater whole. All form one and forms all, human cells migrating to form left, and right, arm, leg, eye, ear, hemisphere of that gelatinous grey slop, universe in a box: the brain, culminating, male, or female, Jekyll, and Hyde, in the undivided duality known as individuality.

Suffering, and relief, scalpel, and patient; epileptics were once believed to communicate with gods during their brainstorms. One treatment for epilepsy is to further divide the hemispheres of the brain to reduce the amount of sparks passing between them.

Hammer and chisel, paint and brush, marble, and canvas. The application of pigment, the subtraction of stone. Michelangelo, willing sculptor, reluctant painter, a process, which, like his tools, and materials, genius, and effort, was the descendant of stellar debris, was believed to have been divinely inspired. Tiny shooting stars arced between the hemispheres of his brain, fired his synapses and muscles, making possible every chisel placement and hammer strike for The Pieta and The David; each brush stroke as he portrayed God passing a divine spark to Adam on The Sistine Ceiling.

The cosmos continues to expand with the momentum of that eruption into being estimated to have occurred some 14 billion of our 365, 24 hour-a-day years ago, anticipated to eventually run down. Does it actually expand, contract, and expand, like respiration, like a womb during labor, like roots, joining as trunk, then to bifurcate out into branches baring seeds for future trees?

Second “’verse,” same as the first? How many Big Bangs might have occurred, may be taking place even now, could continue to manifest in the future? A violent out-thrusting of star clusters; the scattering of billions upon trillions of existential seed pods which undergo processes not unlike the folding and pounding and folding and pounding of red hot steel into the tempered blade of a sword, which is, itself, not unlike the kneading of bread dough, and the evolution through countless generational folds of consciousness as we know it.

Those manifestations of matter and energy known as Buddhists claim that all matter and energy are conscious, while the organisms which we refer to as the ancient Greeks held that the cosmos is an immense organism.

Stars, hydrogen reactors, “slow bombs,” bar the potential to organize into that “slow fire” which biologists define as life, and such architecture as beaver dams and bird’s nests, termite mounds and honeycombs, as well as those branches sharing the same historical trunk and root system: language; philosophy; religion; human architecture, and “artificial” intelligence; all human constructions being comprised of naturally occurring materials by plucked primates, all the stuff of those glorified sparks, those hydrogen neurons strewn like the glittering beaded seed of “Amman,” the god said by the ancient Egyptians to have ejaculated existence into existence across the perpetually swelling cosmic womb, the ever-expanding mind, the 180 sextillion miles of night sky—Our father who art in heaven—among the varied names for Amman, being, “Amen.”
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #59
clockworkcoffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanedawg
Hey. Some time ago I composed this hybrid poem/essay dealing with my take on just about everything, from science to various beliefs and us in the middle of it all. Might spark a little conversation. The result of a lot of thinking and reading.

The Sparks of Undivided Duality
by Kane S. Latranz

For Little Raven

Appeared in Hadrosaur Tales # 21

The universe dispersed, dandelion fluff or a protruding toe shorn from its stem by the whirring blades of a lawnmower, a cosmic ejaculation, the projectile vomiting into existence of space and time, matter, and energy. That the universe, the “one-all,” might manifest, sparks, such as shower down with each ring of the blacksmith’s clanging hammer, but innumerable and immense, sparks of fundamental being, continue, to this day, to stampede—out—into the great nothing, one becoming all in heat, light, the churning, billowing and unfurling, endless breaking and mixing of form which offsets and defines cold, dark, and void.

Breaking and mixing. Hydrogen molecules can aggregate to form oxygen, oxygen and hydrogen molecules then able to bond two-by-tow to become water.

Life and death; the end of a star can conceive another star, dead stars also gestating subsequent forms of matter, energy, and process. All from simple hydrogen, the elements of water and air, as well as the organisms which require and attune those elements, as has occurred on the third planet orbiting Sol—Father, son, and holy ghost—a third generation star.

Hammer and anvil, one and all, stars and void—Yin and Yang—day and night, particles and waves, plants and animals, oxygen and carbon dioxide, anima and animas, man and woman—child. Breaking and mixing; the branching of life into two sexes facilitates the communion of sperm and ovary, setting into motion the multiplication of cells through division, dividing, not into parts, but wholes, every tiny animal in a complex organism both servant and beneficiary of the greater whole. All form one and forms all, human cells migrating to form left, and right, arm, leg, eye, ear, hemisphere of that gelatinous grey slop, universe in a box: the brain, culminating, male, or female, Jekyll, and Hyde, in the undivided duality known as individuality.

Suffering, and relief, scalpel, and patient; epileptics were once believed to communicate with gods during their brainstorms. One treatment for epilepsy is to further divide the hemispheres of the brain to reduce the amount of sparks passing between them.

Hammer and chisel, paint and brush, marble, and canvas. The application of pigment, the subtraction of stone. Michelangelo, willing sculptor, reluctant painter, a process, which, like his tools, and materials, genius, and effort, was the descendant of stellar debris, was believed to have been divinely inspired. Tiny shooting stars arced between the hemispheres of his brain, fired his synapses and muscles, making possible every chisel placement and hammer strike for The Pieta and The David; each brush stroke as he portrayed God passing a divine spark to Adam on The Sistine Ceiling.

The cosmos continues to expand with the momentum of that eruption into being estimated to have occurred some 14 billion of our 365, 24 hour-a-day years ago, anticipated to eventually run down. Does it actually expand, contract, and expand, like respiration, like a womb during labor, like roots, joining as trunk, then to bifurcate out into branches baring seeds for future trees?

Second “’verse,” same as the first? How many Big Bangs might have occurred, may be taking place even now, could continue to manifest in the future? A violent out-thrusting of star clusters; the scattering of billions upon trillions of existential seed pods which undergo processes not unlike the folding and pounding and folding and pounding of red hot steel into the tempered blade of a sword, which is, itself, not unlike the kneading of bread dough, and the evolution through countless generational folds of consciousness as we know it.

Those manifestations of matter and energy known as Buddhists claim that all matter and energy are conscious, while the organisms which we refer to as the ancient Greeks held that the cosmos is an immense organism.

Stars, hydrogen reactors, “slow bombs,” bar the potential to organize into that “slow fire” which biologists define as life, and such architecture as beaver dams and bird’s nests, termite mounds and honeycombs, as well as those branches sharing the same historical trunk and root system: language; philosophy; religion; human architecture, and “artificial” intelligence; all human constructions being comprised of naturally occurring materials by plucked primates, all the stuff of those glorified sparks, those hydrogen neurons strewn like the glittering beaded seed of “Amman,” the god said by the ancient Egyptians to have ejaculated existence into existence across the perpetually swelling cosmic womb, the ever-expanding mind, the 180 sextillion miles of night sky—Our father who art in heaven—among the varied names for Amman, being, “Amen.”

you sir are a genius of the first degree. i don't even agree with evolution and this has absolutely astounded me. top notch, truly.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #60
Cain

Location: In a little hollow doll, inside another hollow doll, inside another hollow doll, inside...
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworkcoffin
i think tolerance is good to an extent but one mustn't let it progress to the point where they no longer have an original opinion. for that is mindless liberal thinking.
Oh, wow... "Mindles liberal thinking"? I suppose you have to be a rocket scientist to be a dogma addict. Anyway, just how does being tolerant prevent your having an "original opinion"? Is accepting somebody else's right to a different point of view unoriginal?!
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #61
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
Wow. Although I have not read the whole thing I am sure that it is quite a read. As for little Raven...you are wrong. Quite the opposite, I am well versed and well educated, along with the fact that I am well over 100lbs. Little I am not, naive at best on some things...a little rebellious on others. 98% grown up...there are little kid things that still make me giggle. I will read your post then I will comment on it. Been busy with the holidays.
I don't think "Little Raven" is you.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #62
Steppenwolf

Kanedawg , that was beautiful , I enjoyed much reading the whole thing . Do you write a blog? I would love to read more ...
Old 12-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #63
Kanedawg

Quote:
you sir are a genius of the first degree. i don't even agree with evolution and this has absolutely astounded me. top notch, truly.
Hey. Thank you so much. You are too kind. Glad you liked it. I was an atheist for the longest time but while I am fascinated by science I no longer see it as conflicting with spirituality. Having internet troubles at home so won't be online too much until I get it straightened out. :^)
Old 12-29-2007, 09:29 AM   #64
Kanedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
Kanedawg , that was beautiful , I enjoyed much reading the whole thing . Do you write a blog? I would love to read more ...
Hey. Thanks again! And here I was fearing I might face an angry
torch-waving mob. No blog. But love this site. Hope to straighten out connectivity woes in the near future. I feel like Sally Fields now. "They like me! They really like me!" El oh well!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #65
Kanedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
I don't think "Little Raven" is you.
Yeah. My son's name, Brendan, means "Little Raven." I dedicate most of my writing to him. On that note he is alive and all, knock on wood and praise the good! :^) Well this bit of time on a public computer has eased my internet withdrawl convulsions somewhat! Miss you guys and this site although I do need to not spend as much time here as I had been! Laters.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #66
Darklight689

Just wanted to comment on the "religion" thing that was being discussed. If anyone seen the movie dogma which of course is a parody and based on no fact at all it does manage to make alot of good points. It says that religion is a huge mistake. People die for it, people kill for it, wars happen because someone thinks they have all the answers. Its better to have a good idea because you can always change an idea, changing a belief structure is trickier ^^. If you didnt read my intro i am a solitary witch and i have no tradition what i believe pretty much can change with me, if i change my mind about something i can do that and there is no one to tell me im wrong so i usually encourage people to walk there own path and not follow someone else. thats how mass genocide happens
Darklight689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #67
Kanedawg

Hello, Darklight. Nice post. I would say that I pretty much agree with you on that. One thing that was major for me, and took many years to occur, was to differentiate between the possibility of belief and all the wee-wee heads who try to cram their beliefs down your throat, and/or demonstrate their wretched hypocrisy.

As silly as this might seem I was, still basically am, a huge fan of Bruce Lee. His own invented martial art form, Jeet Kune Do, was about using the things that make sense from many different fighting forms and discarding the stale rigidity of many traditional applications. The essence of his approach is encapsulated with "Remember what is useful."

I am an occasional practitioner of the craft as well, usually solitary.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #68
zeronegativeplus

Actually there is a thread about christianity in here somewhere but it kinda sucks because of all the one track minded people around...
zeronegativeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #69
zeronegativeplus

Quote:
maybe i should start a thread in the general section for the discussion of magick, an interest of mine.
Please do so.
zeronegativeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #70
Rotting Corpse

The whole religion thing s to complicted for me.....There is no logic. Though, they say that religion isn't based on logic...Still,I don't agree with a God that tells you you have free will,but if you don't do as you're told you go to Hell.As for Lucifer and Hell and all that,we create our own hell and puish ourselves....the only "God" in my life is me,I am the one who will tell me what to do...As for the section matter...It would be a good idea.That way it woul be alot easier to to spot what you want...(sorry for any mistakes I make,I'm not that good at writting lol)
Rotting Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #71
Kanedawg

I think there actually is a magic thread about. Perhaps a search...
Old 01-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #72
Kanedawg

Yeah. If you click "new posts" it should come up now as I put one in there. Must run. Have a good one.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #73
Darklight689

hence my opinion of a good idea. if it isnt logical and doesnt make sense why bother to follow it
Darklight689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #74
Kanedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielDevaki
religion lables people, I swear.
"If youre a christian, then youre a hyprocrital good-goody, and youre going to heaven. If youre a satanist, then you just wanna fuck the world over, and go and fuck yourself after that."

I myself am catholic, but I am open to other religions, other beliefs. Afterall, religion has always been the theory on how we got here, how we exist, how we will live, and where we will go when we will die, and mainly, how to guide us in life.
Very well said. As for science I am quite interested in it. Such issues as how the Big Bang seed came about for example. Hee! Hee!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #75
magickaykay

Ya we could use one.
magickaykay is offline   Reply With Quote