Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #26
Drake Dun

If you really are going to take on Japanese, you would do yourself a favor if you found a class. It's not the kind of thing that can be picked up casually. I should know.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #27
††BlackRose††

Try learning Cantonese or something. It will be helpful considering that the Chinese economy is booming.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #28
MariusCesar

Guten tag. Wie geht's? German is a pretty fun language to learn. Give it a shot. Bis spater.
MariusCesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #29
Stormtrooper of Death

Ja ja ja! Es geht mir nicht gut. Ich habe keine madchen. Aber Ich habe ein neu CD.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #30
Slap Your Love

If only I spoke russian..
::sigh::
Old 01-02-2008, 12:00 PM   #31
Rorschach Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
Ja ja ja! Es geht mir nicht gut. Ich habe keine madchen. Aber Ich habe ein neu CD.
Nein, Nein, Nein. Das Mädchen hast du.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #32
Stormtrooper of Death

I have no girlfriend!!!!! She's non-existent. Zip, zero, zilch, nada, keine, nicht. And if a girl had me, I'd be a happy man. Dammit, I'm ranting again, I gotta stop that.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #33
BLEED REBELION!!!

I can help teach you some Japanese if you like. My yah00 addy is fightthefever. I.m me some time.

As for the quizes just start with the first hiragana quiz and you'll learn them really fast.

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #34
Corpsey

O.o

Hello there Slap! Been quite some time since I saw you rummaging through our posts. Humane will be delighted.

I agree heavily with Slap on learning French. It's not so much tonal, the written symbols are the same as english and you get to have fun and be nasally all the time. Plus it is one of the main building blocks of the English Language itself. I would reccomend German as well, but Femineine, Masculine and Neutral gendered words sound like a bit hard for ye olde mind to grasp quickly.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #35
xiongsk8

chinese 学中文吧!
xiongsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #36
le_revenant

Choose the one you'll best have a chance of speaking regularly.
I always wanted to be multi-lingual but the problem was finding opportunties to speak the languages that I liked.
I speak & write English & Spanish, and being in South Central Texas I don't have to go far to exercise both. That I'm Hispanic also helps w/ Spanish

In the 1800s we had a huge influx of Germans immigrate here and up until a few decades ago you could still hear German spoken just a few miles from where I am. In the last few years, tho, the kids & grandkids of those last German speakers opted out of continuing that tradition, so unless I run into a native German there's not much of an opportunity. I took a few "Speak German!" continuing ed. classes but usually ended up around people barely able to pronounce it while I was already firing off sentences.

A similar thing happened when I tried to learn French. The 1st time I tried to learn thru the local Alliance Francaise but the only they showed me was the legendary French snootiness! After 2 attempts to learn from them I stopped going back. I took a continuing ed. class for French but apart from my classmates there were few opportunities around here to sling le Francaise. As with German, what French I knew eventually slipped out of my head from non-use.

I'd like to go back to both and even learn Japanese & Russian too, but unless I find a venue where I'll be able to continue the skill once the class is over then it'll be time & effort lost, IMHO.
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #37
Beneath the Shadows

Learn Klingon.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #38
stevehewitt

Learn A new Language

I have learn German Language and it is very easy to learn German language. I have learn the language online with the help of websites like about.com and also watch video to learn this language on youtube.com. And I would like to suggest you to learn the German language.

Learn German Online
Video Lessons- Learn German
Learn German MP3 Audio

Hope you like it.
stevehewitt is offline   Reply With Quote