Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:26 AM   #26
dark_dragon_of_ice

Maybe some people don't want to be the tool of their government.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #27
slayerz

Then my conjecture of u is a failure of breeding between a whore and someone who think he's goth lol
slayerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:29 AM   #28
Valerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Having balls means knowing what one wants out of life and knowing what's good for them and sticking to it.

Sucking it up, shutting up, and serving your country is actually cowardice.
I can't argue with the first part of your statement, but the second part I take some slight offense to.

My family has a long history of serving in our armed forces. My grandfather fought in WWII against the Japs and several uncles fought in the ensuing wars later on like Korea and Vietnam.

Sucking it up and shutting up, knowing what you have to do for your country, with all the knowledge that you may not come back alive is more courageous than anything I could think of as you aren't doing a task borne out of self-interest but of a sense of duty.

I've never bragged about being in the armed forces, and outside of the reserve, I lead a normal life just like anyone else, but if I have to pick up a gun and protect my country when the time calls for it then I won't hesitate one bit. I won't run away from it, not like this bastard child borne from a side-street prostitute.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:30 AM   #29
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz
Then my conjecture of u is a failure of breeding between a whore and someone who think he's goth lol
Whats wrong with being a baby of a prostitute..does it make you less human?
Anyway both of your insults are equally as pathetic.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:34 AM   #30
Valerius

Straighten your English, because all you're speaking is gibberish.

This is futile, and knowing from experience I can't argue with an idiot because logic doesn't reach them, and you are clearly an idiot.

Stay out of this, dragon, this doesn't concern you.

I'm leaving this thread. There are other more important things that I can concern my time with.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:41 AM   #31
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius
Straighten your English, because all you're speaking is gibberish.

This is futile, and knowing from experience I can't argue with an idiot because logic doesn't reach them, and you are clearly an idiot.

Stay out of this, dragon, this doesn't concern you.

I'm leaving this thread. There are other more important things that I can concern my time with.
This is in a public forum...I will express my opinion if I want to.
It amuses me that your both using the insults that a 13 year old might use to try and prove his manliness.
You chose to become part of the military he doesn't get the choice.
Do you think that the military is so important that every should join? Don't you think there might be more worthier pursuits for that person? And do you think that someone who is not part of the armed forced is weak?
Old 01-06-2008, 02:42 AM   #32
Valerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz
Boohoo, oh wow you're real original. Stuff that 'thinks he's goth' insult back into your ass because I've seen it before and it's soooooo cliché.

Go back to mommy and suck on her titties because the 'mean military men' are going to come and get you and put you through some ass-beating. But no, you don't want that because you want to stay a pussy your whole life.

I want to leave one last swipe before leaving this thread.

Go whine somewhere else, this board is too good for an idiot like you.

Go to www.emowrist-cutters.com, I hear they're very receptive to the likes of you.

Bye.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #33
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Boohoo, oh wow you're real original. Stuff that 'thinks he's goth' insult back into your ass because I've seen it before and it's soooooo cliché.

Go back to mommy and suck on her titties because the 'mean military men' are going to come and get you and put you through some ass-beating. But no, you don't want that because you want to stay a pussy your whole life.

I want to leave one last swipe before leaving this thread.

Go whine somewhere else, this board is too good for an idiot like you.

Go to www.emowrist-cutters.com, I hear they're very receptive to the likes of you.

Bye.
Do not argue with an idiot for he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience..I think this is a great example of it.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:57 AM   #34
Godslayer Jillian

There is a reason to be afraid of being drafted. I'm afraid of being drafted. I'm afraid of being forced into helping a cause I do not care for; have my principles taken away without question.
Luckily I live in a country that dresses its undeniable conservativeness behind a curtain of fake political correctness and bleak concessions, and the only thing I have to say to be free of the army's grip is "I'm gay!"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 AM   #35
Kanedawg

Hey, KontanKarite. So you've been through it too! And brave Valerius. Um, military family perhaps? So I guess it isn't concievable to you that not everyone is cut out for the military. Oh well. You seem thoroughly acclimated! Maintaining your military baring. Sigma Frued and all that. Backing away slowly, smiling and nodding. Good doggie!
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #36
KontanKarite

Quote:
I can't argue with the first part of your statement, but the second part I take some slight offense to.

My family has a long history of serving in our armed forces. My grandfather fought in WWII against the Japs and several uncles fought in the ensuing wars later on like Korea and Vietnam.

Sucking it up and shutting up, knowing what you have to do for your country, with all the knowledge that you may not come back alive is more courageous than anything I could think of as you aren't doing a task borne out of self-interest but of a sense of duty.

I've never bragged about being in the armed forces, and outside of the reserve, I lead a normal life just like anyone else, but if I have to pick up a gun and protect my country when the time calls for it then I won't hesitate one bit. I won't run away from it, not like this bastard child borne from a side-street prostitute.

Not everyone has the same convictions you have. Is it brave for them to ignore their convictions for something that goes against their nature? The sad thing about WW2 was that when the draft started, you had those that wanted to fight and you had slaves to a circumstance that never really had to happen in the first place.

In a better world, your precious "duty" to fight for the home team wouldn't mean anything.

I don't mean to be offensive, I'm just telling you that service is not the end all be all of courage.

Know that I'm not against you, but don't expect me or others to be anything like you.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #37
Delkaetre

I will not join the army, and I would rather face prison than do so. Thankfully conscription's not in force in the UK.

I do not trust my government. I think they're more likely to send soldiers to die in a war the country shouldn't be in than use them for actual defence. I will not die for someone else's cause, when that cause is likely little more than a political agenda.
If there really was a true threat, and the government was one I genuinely trusted and believed in, perhaps I would fight. But politicians are too dangerous, military commanders too attached to the glory of a desperate fight. I will not die for a false cause.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #38
KontanKarite

Thank you, Delk. My sentiments exactly.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #39
Stormtrooper of Death

I'm going to Sweden if there is a draft here. My cousin was in the Air Force for 7 years and he said they really mess you up. He's never been quite the same since he got out. He's told me stories.