Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #26
Godslayer Jillian

This thread annoys me.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #27
dark_dragon_of_ice

Who the hell cares. We have more important issues like the construction of the death star and finding out where I put my dam usb drive.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #28
Darklight689

I've been working on the deathstar day and night i thought i could use a break D;. Still beta testing though *checks doom lazers*
Darklight689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #29
Mir

I'm hungry. I must procure nourishment!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #30
Saturnalia

Goths are assholes. Who the fuck would ever want to be Goth?? I say we burn the whole lot of that heathen scum from the face of the Earth.

:P
Saturnalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #31
Tam Li Hua

I think it started with Siouxie and the Banshees denying the label when the media called their music "Gothic rock".

Since they denied it, and since people insisted on calling them 'goth' anyways, the tradition sort of stuck.

*knows way more than she should*
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #32
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklight689
I saw this again somewhere, that apperently its "not goth" to call yourself one. I mean granted you dont want to stand up and scream "IM GOTH" for no reason that is just stupidity but it doesnt make sense to me.

"hey im not human you know, no seriously, im a squirel"
Yes, I agree. I don't understand either.
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #33
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
This thread annoys me.
I don't care. If it annoys you, don't fucking reply.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #34
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
I don't care. If it annoys you, don't fucking reply.
NO U!!!!!.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #35
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
NO U!!!!!.
... no comment.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #36
dark_dragon_of_ice

What a statement.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #37
Bella Sophia

Quote:
What a statement.
Yes. Isn't it genius?
Old 01-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #38
dark_dragon_of_ice

In the end the thread is stupid because people are much more then a music category. You are what you act like.. So people can label you through you actions rather then from what you tell them..In the end IT DOESN"T MATTER SO JUST IGNORE WHAT I SAID.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #39
Bella Sophia

Quote:
In the end the thread is stupid because people are much more then a music category. You are what you act like.. So people can label you through you actions rather then from what you tell them..In the end IT DOESN"T MATTER SO JUST IGNORE WHAT I SAID.
*ignores you*
Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #40
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
*ignores you*
I advise you to keep your attitude in check.
Being a brat isn't going to help you around here.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 AM   #41
Darklight689

Now now children play nice.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #42
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I think it started with Siouxie and the Banshees denying the label when the media called their music "Gothic rock".

Since they denied it, and since people insisted on calling them 'goth' anyways, the tradition sort of stuck.
As did The Sister's of Mercy, and another couple of 'goth' bands.

They did it, so we must. It's the Goth thing to do. =P

Not really, but to me it is sorta annoying to have someone go around proclaiming they are emo/goth/metelhead/punk too much. However, it gets awkward when people ask about why you dress a certain way, or what type of music are you listening too, or an artist is.

Thankfully, there are at least a dozen other names or terms to use if you don't feel comfortable using the Goth label.

On the whole 'baby-bat' term. I used that to describe myself a lot when I was first posting here a few months back, and I am anything by a Masonite/mall goth. So, I think it should been taken as it was meant by the speaker, not as a concrete term.

And Bela, please do not upset Ophelia (What great Gothy names you both have =P)... It is not a good idea, at all. It never ends well for the person upsetting her.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #43
Rotting Corpse

I don't realy care....I mean if I feel goth,then I act goth and if someone asks me I tell them I'm goth.As for the "baby bat" issue...Did you know that from baby bats come Goths-to-the-core?Now if listening to Marilyn Manson and HIM makes you a bay bat...then I am ALSO a baby bat (besides metalhead etc, depends on my mood as I have said earlier) and I'm fucking proud of it.I will never,EVER feel ashamed for what I am,and if someone can't exept it,I don't give a fuck. I don't mean to be offencive,this is just my opinion,and I respect the other's opinions as well....
Rotting Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #44
How Low Can You Go Moe

Quote:
ok, I'm confused. Gother than thou?
No, no. Gother than thee.
How Low Can You Go Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:02 AM   #45
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnalia
Goths are assholes. Who the fuck would ever want to be Goth?? I say we burn the whole lot of that heathen scum from the face of the Earth.

:P
I totally agree with you, Saturnalia.

Let's burn on them witches, whores, and warlocks at the stakes. Then we can dance around their burning corpses.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #46
Darklight689

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
I totally agree with you, Saturnalia.

Let's burn on them witches, whores, and warlocks at the stakes. Then we can dance around their burning corpses.
Wow i feel the love .

Check the lyrics on this song http://www.1songlyrics.com/a/amon-am...war-arise.html is my reply muahahahaha.

Okay im done anyways this is kind of a dumb thread if people ask me if im goth or one of those simply awkward questions i just simply reply yes and dont make an issue of it. Saying no will only make you look stupid if you clearly are and because it is such a broad label you really arent restricting yourself because it is so much more then just a music catagory that extends into all aspects of life. I mean goth is the only subculture i know that has subcatagories, but it comes down to doing what you like not just because its the stereotypical thing to do. I still more or less equate it with the term gothic in a literary sense since the definition seems to be much better. I mean you can be goth and NOT listen to the music genre goth which proves it is much deeper anyways. Anyways rant over and i vote let this threa die, unless we start talking about midgets taking over the earth
Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #47
Signe

The thing is people are as they are and well, some may be really goth and some may not, but pretending you're the gothiest of the goth, when you're not is really stupid, you don't know who's gother than you.
Signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #48
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signe
The thing is people are as they are and well, some may be really goth and some may not, but pretending you're the gothiest of the goth, when you're not is really stupid, you don't know who's gother than you.
I thought you left these forums forever? What happened to that?
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #49
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signe
I tend to agree, to a point.

In my opinion, I think folks take the whole thing too seriously. I live mostly as a Goth, but I am -very- picky with my music choices, and I'm not certain I enjoy Goth music in general. The mentality, the spookiness, the fashion, the poetry, the art...all of that I love. The music? Well...unless folks like Type O Negative, Muse, and The Bravery can be labelled 'Goth', then I think I'm crap out of luck where Goth music is concerned. [Interesting side note: I wasn't even aware of Type O or The Bravery until I started checking out Goth music.]

Besides, elitist attitudes tend to be one of my pet peeves..
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #50
viscus

I always thought it was a joke. Siouxsie, Robert Smith, and Eldritch would always viciously deny being "goth," because they found it artistically stifling. And understandably so. So then people started joking: "the more goth you are, the more you have to deny it."

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote